Thumbs up Sean S. staying at UVA

I think he's a wonderful BB player and I'm glad he's staying in school. It's great for the ACC and UVirginia. He will be an asset to our league and will develop into an awesome player with this choice. (Although it would have better for Duke if he had left for the NBA).

I find it laughable that certain young men (sic? boys) head out early. Perhaps grades/academics are the cause? (like Avery, and perhaps Corey M?)

Each year I hope some learn an important lesson. Is sitting in the bench, or being delegated to the "development" league better than staying in school??

Love to hear DBR regulars thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    I think he's a wonderful BB player and I'm glad he's staying in school. It's great for the ACC and UVirginia. He will be an asset to our league and will develop into an awesome player with this choice. (Although it would have better for Duke if he had left for the NBA).

I find it laughable that certain young men (sic? boys) head out early. Perhaps grades/academics are the cause? (like Avery, and perhaps Corey M?)

Each year I hope some learn an important lesson. Is sitting in the bench, or being delegated to the "development" league better than staying in school??

Definitely makes Virginia an immediate team to be reckoned with next season with Singletary in the lineup. This team has some really nice players, and the ACC has yet to really see the impact of their freshman class from last season. Leitao will have a strong foundation in Will Harris, Jamil Tucker, and Solomon Tat for the next 3 years.

Personally, I can't wait to play UVA next year and having Singletary back will make it more fun. We get them in Cameron, and if there's a more heartbreaking loss than Singletary's shot last year then I don't know what it is. Yes, I would argue it's worse than Maynor's because I Singletary's shot sent us into a slide - I think it's a different season if that miracle doesn't go down.

Losing Reynolds and Cain hurts more than losing Josh hurts us, we're bringing in a much better class, and our guys will (hopefully) be healthy. I hope we stomp them.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post

In Maggette's case, I think the fact that a certain Chicago article listed him as a likely #1 draft pick caused more damage to the chances of his staying than anything else (other that other players going pro as well. I doubt he would have gone had Brand stayed).

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    Personally, I can't wait to play UVA next year and having Singletary back will make it more fun. We get them in Cameron, and if there's a more heartbreaking loss than Singletary's shot last year then I don't know what it is. Yes, I would argue it's worse than Maynor's because I Singletary's shot sent us into a slide - I think it's a different season if that miracle doesn't go down.

Losing Reynolds and Cain hurts more than losing Josh hurts us, we're bringing in a much better class, and our guys will (hopefully) be healthy. I hope we stomp them.
    Yes, UVA will not have the very favorable unbalanced ACC schedule they wnjoyed last year. In fact they play Duke twice. Their shedule is not the most difficult either as besides Duke, UVA has GA T, BC, MD and VA Tech twice, tough home games against UNC, NCS and Clemson and road games against easier opponents FSU, Miami and Wake. UVA has traditionally struggled to ever win on the road,

So their season could go either way if they win at home against the good teams and on the road against the weaker teams, or lose close games at home and on the road.