men of a certain age

I found the pilot to be OK. As pilots go, it was pretty good, but I am hoping for a bit more out of the show over the next couple weeks. Did anyone else watch?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

I caught it and was a little underwhelmed by it. I wanted to like it a lot more than I actually did. The only really big thing that happened was the seizure by the character who is diabetic. The rest of the show was pretty forgettable for me. I'll give it another 2-3 weeks, but it needs to pick up or I'm going to lose interest.

I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet. Tom Shales (the long-time TV critic for the Washington Post) gave it an excellent reveiw. He had access to the first three episodes, and his review was based on that trio, not just on the first one (he also said in his review that the series tends to run story lines in a three-episode arc).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...120602273.html

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet. Tom Shales (the long-time TV critic for the Washington Post) gave it an excellent reveiw. He had access to the first three episodes, and his review was based on that trio, not just on the first one (he also said in his review that the series tends to run story lines in a three-episode arc).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...120602273.html
    Good, I hope it gets stronger. I enjoyed the episode and being a man of a certain age I could relate somewhat, but I did expect it to be more than it was. Good cast, good acting. I'll DVR it for awhile longer.

As far as scripted comedy on television goes, this show has all of the competition beat by a mile. Uh, wait a minute. I take that back. Burn Notice has more action and is just as funny.

It's more of a drama with a comedic character in Romano. I think it actually has potential.

I just got around to watching the first episode last night. I actually thought it was well done. Slow-paced, but so is life sometimes. I have the feeling it is the kind of show that will take a long time to "fill out". The characters are complex and they can't be fully developed in just an episode or two. If it survives I think it will be one of those show that feels much richer a year from now.

I thought Andre Braugher was fantastic - he is a far greater actor than he usually gets credit for.

The whole thing with the opossum felt contrived and didn't come off well. However the gambling and marital issues with the Romano character felt very real (except for the stereotypical looking/sounding bookie - straight out of 1970s casting).

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.

I really enjoyed episode 2. We are starting to get a hint of character development, and it seems like this show is going to touch on some humorous and some serious situations. I think it has a season pass to my DVR now.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Reqally liked the first episode, and was looking forward to #2. On watching #2, I fell asleep early on, woke up, backed it up to see what I had missed, and got so bored that I almost fell asleep again. This show hasn't a single thing to keep me or my wife interested. I might check later to see if future episodes improve.