You know what I'd love to see from our resident reporters?

Hey all!

You know, after Kyrie's "I love Duke!" tweet I was thinking about what his last month or so must have been like, in that he has taken a bit of a step away from Duke in a basketball sense, and has maybe had more time to focus on Duke in an academic sense.

Then it got me thinking that I would love to see, maybe from one of the resident folks who cover Duke specifically, an extended interview with some of our players/one of our players about their academic life at Duke. All of the Duke grads here have fond memories of our professors, of our classes, of the wide range of subjects we studied and the interesting things we learned (I vividly remember studying the Kent State Massacre, writing about the arrival of gunpowder in ancient Japan, and analyzing the book "The Rise of the West.) I would love to know more about the players and their own educational experience at Duke... what classes they enjoy, what they are challenged by, and what subjects and topics and projects have really grabbed their attention.

Anyway... just thought I would share what I'd like to see, with the hope that maybe someday we could see a somewhat in-depth look at our basketball players as Duke students.

Well, there's this about Miles.

http://blog.dukeblueplanet.com/2010/...lumlee-effect/

"In particular, this study explores how children from various diverse backgrounds learn new information and what impact early language experiences have on later academic achievement."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    All of the Duke grads here have fond memories of our professors, of our classes, of the wide range of subjects we studied and the interesting things we learned
    We do?

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    We do?
    Bummer if you don't.

Connel Fullenkamp, for one, was a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    Bummer if you don't.

Connel Fullenkamp, for one, was a boss.
    Mr. BowTie himself.

The Bonk was no slouch either.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    We do?
    I would hope so! And I would love to know more about the student-athletes who represent Duke on the court... there are some very interesting characters among that group this year, and some very bright fellows, and I'd love to know more about their academic lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Hey all!

You know, after Kyrie's "I love Duke!" tweet I was thinking about what his last month or so must have been like, in that he has taken a bit of a step away from Duke in a basketball sense, and has maybe had more time to focus on Duke in an academic sense.

Then it got me thinking that I would love to see, maybe from one of the resident folks who cover Duke specifically, an extended interview with some of our players/one of our players about their academic life at Duke. All of the Duke grads here have fond memories of our professors, of our classes, of the wide range of subjects we studied and the interesting things we learned (I vividly remember studying the Kent State Massacre, writing about the arrival of gunpowder in ancient Japan, and analyzing the book "The Rise of the West.) I would love to know more about the players and their own educational experience at Duke... what classes they enjoy, what they are challenged by, and what subjects and topics and projects have really grabbed their attention.

Anyway... just thought I would share what I'd like to see, with the hope that maybe someday we could see a somewhat in-depth look at our basketball players as Duke students.
    Great idea. I second your motion!