An idiot returns

I know people will complain that posting this idiots anti-K tirade will just give him the attention he craves, but quite frankly if you don't want to look, don't. But for other people, please lets bombard him with "You are an idiot" posts?

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/lloydjack

If you disagree with what he says, why not post your analysis of where he is wrong?

Calling him "an idiot" just re-enforces the view of many that Duke fans are arrogant and unwilling to acknowledge any weaknesses in the program.

I already did, in a multi page response, back when he posted the first part of it. Check back and you'll see it.

All you need to know about the post is....

It's a very long post, and I'll spare my fellow devil fans the agony.

This guy hates K so much, and has so little talent for formulating cogent arguments, that he uses WILL AVERY as his example of K's selfishness. According to the author, K tried to downplay Avery's draft status to the kid and his family in an attempt to keep him in school-- presumably to help his program at the kid's expense.

GOD. If ever there was a poster child for a brilliant athlete who needed more time in school, it has to be Avery. If only he had stayed in school, he might have fulfilled some of his potential. I can't read one more word after that. He's an angry hack.

Thumbs down Coach K -- sporting news

I posted a scathing reply just now. And yet I checked back and as of now, it's not registered on Sporting News. Hmmmm -- are they skewing the results??? I wouldn't be surprised. I'll check again tomorrow. Who knows.

Notice the use, also, of invented quotes attributed to Avery's family? That blog is so full of made up stuff and opinions that he INSISTS are facts it leaves your head spinning!

Wink Supply and Demand

Aha!! We are observing the economic principle of "consumer sovereignty:" if there is a demand, entrepreneurs will endeavor to produce the desired good or service. There is a HUUUUGGGE market for anti-Duke material. Therefore, writers will seek to fill the demand with garbage, and publishers will bow in the direction of Duke haters and publish utter rot.

[Yawn.]

sagegrouse

Lord Ash,

This guy used to post regularly (maybe even as a moderator) at a site called "duke-sucks.com." That site died, so I guess this guy chose this new forum to vent. Arguing with him is like the old adage of trying to teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig.

You might as well try to convince Ozzie to pull for UNC.
    "There can BE only one."

Sports bloggers and e-pundits should be ignored the same way they've conveniently ignored UConn's failure last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I know people will complain that posting this idiots anti-K tirade will just give him the attention he craves, but quite frankly if you don't want to look, don't. But for other people, please lets bombard him with "You are an idiot" posts?

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/lloydjack
    Hey, Ash. Your blogspot stuff linked in your SportingNews comment, shows you are writing in 2009. I know you are prescient, but really...time travel?

As a matter of fact, I am a time traveller!

Check this out; I read these headlines in 2009!

"DUKE MEN'S TEAM WINS SECOND NATIONAL TITLE IN A ROW... AGAIN!"

"UNC BASKETBALL: THE FALL IS COMPLETE!"

"GARY WILLIAMS: STILL SWEATY, AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!"

and I liked this one...

"PRESIDENT BATTIER BRINGS WORLD PEACE."

All in all, 2009 is a good year to be a Dukie!