Nolan Smith Named ACC Player of the Week

Woo hoo! Obviously well deserved. Congrats Nolan.

http://www.goduke.com//ViewArticle.d...CLID=205070830

Those numbers are ridiculous. If he continues at this pace, he could definitely be first team AA and/or ACC POY. He's taken it up a notch as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Woo hoo! Obviously well deserved. Congrats Nolan.

http://www.goduke.com//ViewArticle.d...CLID=205070830

Those numbers are ridiculous. If he continues at this pace, he could definitely be first team AA and/or ACC POY. He's taken it up a notch as of late.
    Yup. This year, he has supplanted Kyle as the MVP on the team. That's not a shot against Kyle but rather enormous praise for Nolan.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Yup. This year, he has supplanted Kyle as the MVP on the team. That's not a shot against Kyle but rather enormous praise for Nolan.
    Ah, but remember how last season went. Jon started off the year looking very impressive, and led the team statistically. Then, Nolan seemed to pick up the slack as Jon came back to Earth in Dec/Jan. Nolan was our best player for the first half of the ACC regular season or so. Then, the duo of Zoubek and Kyle both stepped up for the final third of the season, with Kyle passing Nolan as our best player, ultimately resulting in being named the Final Four MOP.

Nolan is playing extremely well right now, and has stepped up admirably in Kyrie's absence to fill that void, but I wouldn't give him the MVP of the year just yet - we've got a long way to go still.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Don't forget the turtle and the hare.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Don't forget the turtle and the hare.
    Definitely don't fear the turtle.

Congrats to Nolan, who has really stepped it up with Kyrie's absence. And Kyle continues to be a leader who gets the little things done too. With the game on the line, I'm comfortable with either one having the last shot. And at the end of the day, that's what matters.

Way to go, Nolan. If only you weren't so alarmingly unathletic . . . .

Congrats Nolan!!!! For the live radio show last night at Wash Duke, Coach Wojo spoke for the first half of the show. Then special guest speaker, Nolan Smith, spoke for the 2nd half of the show. Nolan was very poised and full of wit. Had everyone laughing, as he always does!!!! Keep Rolling, Nolan!!!!

Congrats Nolan! I want a Nolan Smith jersey but I can't get one...yet!

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    Congrats Nolan! I want a Nolan Smith jersey but I can't get one...yet!
    Here it is in white --->

Here it is in black --->

Here it is in blue -->

Of course, the NCAA won't allow anyone to sell one that has his name on the back...

--Jason "lots of places to buy linked from this website" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

You're killing me Jason! I can't buy anything Duke until after the first Monday in April. It's this whole mojo thing; crazy I know.
    I did buy my son a signed Jason Williams jersey for Christmas. He loved it of course but I was sweating it out that it would arrive before January 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Jason, stop pushing your old Luol Deng jerseys onto everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Jason, stop pushing your old Luol Deng jerseys onto everyone.
    They are not altogether different players.

-Jason "if Luol had stayed a couple more years, Nolan would never have gotten a chance to wear #2" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

"Nolan Smith focuses on scoring again"

Andy Katz blog:

"Initially everyone was so taken aback [by Irving's injury] since we had had two guys in Kyrie and Nolan pushing the ball and attacking and keeping the floor open, so Nolan initially was thrown into the role of thinking that he was just being a playmaker as the point guard,'' Collins said. "He was trying to run the team in that first game and get others involved. We didn't want him to change. We didn't want him to lose sight of who he was. He's done a better job of assists, but we still need him to be a scorer.''