Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    I didn't see him raise his arm in to the chest...I think his arm did hit the defender's chest, BUT it was a result of having his feet taken out from underneath him, so to me that happened after the foul occurred.

I need to see it again, but I'll still think it's a block.
    I shook my head when I saw it because he did it vs. Miami too.

I think he's done it enough this year to where opposing coaches probably tell the refs to look out for it before the game.

weapons

The announcer said the one DDuke guy you can't lose track of is Dawkins...so it's OK to lose track of Kyle and Nolan?

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    The announcer said the one DDuke guy you can't lose track of is Dawkins...so it's OK to lose track of Kyle and Nolan?
    Yep, those two are shooting below 50% on threes...

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I shook my head when I saw it because he did it vs. Miami too.

I think he's done it enough this year to where opposing coaches probably tell the refs to look out for it before the game.
    Oh I agree with you there; Nolan has been "pushing off" with his elbow a lot this year. I just didn't think this time he did it. But, a player gets that perception, it's understandable why the refs make those calls.

Maybe that was the game plan going in and that is why they have held Dawkins to 3 points and forgot that two All American Seniors may be better. 24>3....lol
    The Terrapin Assassin

Precisely the sort of game I love, a clinic on both ends -- and fun. Sometime I wish all games could be like this -- my blood pressure would be substantially reduced -- but the National Championship wouldn't mean nearly as much under those conditions.

I posted earlier this season that Singler struggles putting the ball on the floor out on the perimeter but he's really improved over the last few games making some good drives and dishes. He really looks like a complete wing/forward now.
    I thought did a great job of leading that break in the first couple of minutes. If he can do that consistently well, it probably increases our transition buckets by a significant percentage. It's an NBA move by him.

The point that had me scratching my head was when Patrick said Curry looked lost defensively on a lob where he was in great position but simply got caught on a switch with a big man.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    The point that had me scratching my head was when Patrick said Curry looked lost defensively on a lob where he was in great position but simply got caught on a switch with a big man.
    They also called UABs coach Mike Smith. Who knows how they'd spell Shelden if they came to DBR.

Pep band with "UAB, U Are Bad" cheer.

How many more stats and/or names will Patrick butcher for the rest of the night? I don't drink alcohol but someone should start a drinking game for this......

Patrick referred to Nolan by his fathers' name while Nolan was shooting his freethrows for his 29th point of the game.

Surrogate crazies showing some age. A couple having to change hands on the farewell cheer.

That's the way to get your career high Nolan! With authority!
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

LOVE NOLAN slamming home a career high!

How about Nolan with the big dunk to get his career high?

I thought he was about to break out the Sam Cassel dance after that one!

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    How about Nolan with the big dunk to get his career high?

I thought he was about to break out the Sam Cassel dance after that one!
    I'm waiting for someone to point out that on that play, Duke was not leading by enough, Nolan didn't jump quite high enough, or rescue any of his teammates from the proverbial doghouse. I'm sure there's something to criticize about that play...

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    I'm waiting for someone to point out that on that play, Duke was not leading by enough, Nolan didn't jump quite high enough, or rescue any of his teammates from the proverbial doghouse. I'm sure there's something to criticize about that play...
    Ha. True statement.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    He should have let Tyler or Josh score instead.(;
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”