View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 74-63 win over Miami?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Singler

0 0%
  • Nolan Smith

135 93.75%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%
  • Ryan Kelly

3 2.08%
  • Seth Curry

0 0%
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

6 4.17%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Miami (Jan 2, 2011)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 74-63 win over Miami?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Not even close tonight. Both on offense and defense the man of the match was Nolan Smith. Dre played great and Kyle was consistent. I really like what Kelly brings to Duke on both ends. He drew a couple of charges that should have been called and his putbacks were great. A lot of energy he brings.

Mason better wake up before he loses minutes to Hairston.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Nolan Smith Show

Nolan is stepping up right on time. Way to go senior captain!

Gotta be Nolan - his run in the first half was basically the margin of the game.

Obviously nolan was great tonight. He scored at will, distributed the ball, and limited turnovers. I really liked what Andre did tonight on the offensive end of the court. It's not just that he had 16, but how he did it. Hit some 3's, hit a couple long 2's off the dribble, and even attacked the hoop to get to the line. The way he is starting to diversify his offensive game shows that he could be an elite offensive player in college by the end of his career.
    With all that said i voted for Ryan kelly tonight. I don't think he gets enough credit for what he does on defense. he does a great job contesting shots, and though he doesn't swat them like a lot of shot blockers, he regularly gets a hand or a fingertip on the ball to alter shots. The thing that i liked the most from him though were his 2 tip ins. We need a big to step up on the offensive boards and if ryan can be that guy on this team we will be in good shape.

I voted for Nolan as well but a lot of props have to be given to Ryan Kelly. He continues to make plays and always be in the right spot on the floor both offensively and defensively. He has an uncanny ability to block shots while possessing no hops whatsoever. Just a guy that knows how to use his length.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Nolan

More proof there will never be a unanimous MOTM. Love Dre and his game, but surely, other than giving deserved props, there's no real argument on who Duke's MOTM was.

Nolan's playing like he has something to prove--keep up the good work. Kudos to Ryan tonight as well. He's almost always just making a really smart play or positioning himself in the right place.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mojo View Post
    Nolan's playing like he has something to prove--keep up the good work. Kudos to Ryan tonight as well. He's almost always just making a really smart play or positioning himself in the right place.
    Voted for Nolan and agree he was on a mission tonight. He worked especially hard on the defensive end, and seemed intent on establishing that he was in fact the best player on the floor tonight. On a couple of possessions he totally hounded Scott and frustrated the heck out of him. To score 28 while running the team and working that hard on defense is impressive. Guy is a stud.

Nolan, hands down. And hands up!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Who?

Something is goofy with this poll. Usually you can see who votes for each player. Tonight's poll only shows the count, not usernames of the 4 idiots....sorry I mean not the usernames of all the voters
    Last edited by elvis14; 01-03-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: counting issue

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Something is goofy with this poll. Usually you can see who votes for each player. Tonight's poll only shows the count, not usernames of the 4 idiots....sorry I mean not the usernames of all the voters
    I can see them alright... are you clicking the hyperlinked #'s next to the player names?

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    I can see them alright... are you clicking the hyperlinked #'s next to the player names?
    Doh! Thanks. I can see them just fine...forgot that it was the numbers that needed to be clicked. I'm going to get some sleep now

Nolan, and with absolutely no question. He had a superb game!

No contest

Nolan...no contest.
    But Ryan continues to improve and is going to be a force sooner than we think. Happy to see Dre eating it up too.
    But this was Nolan all the way.

Nolan's Rolling!!! The Nolan Smith Show with Dukie sidekicks. Great game for Nolan. Good game for Kyle and Andre with their consistency. Good show for Miles and Ryan. Seth... foul trouble. Mason, son wake up. Nolan, Senior Captain and Leader.

Go Duke!!!

Nolan Smith. Nolan is quickly becoming my favorite all time favorite player. I never thought anyone would ever be able to replace Trajan but Nolan's interview after the game really did it for me.
    Classy young man.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    Nolan Smith. Nolan is quickly becoming my favorite all time favorite player. I never thought anyone would ever be able to replace Trajan but Nolan's interview after the game really did it for me.
    Classy young man.
    Personality-wise, Nolan's an all-timer.

On the court, it looks like he's a lock for 1st-team All-ACC (and maybe 1st-team AA), if he keeps playing at this level.

I've thought for a long time that this year's senior class of Kyle and Nolan is one of the most important in many years. Especially if they win it all this year, I think they may be regarded as the key elements to K's third (or would it be fourth?) "golden age".

There will be many tears shed on Senior Day this year.