Seat location- 4 ?'s

Never been to CIS, but got tix for my 12 yo son's b-day, so we are headed down for Sunday's game vs. the Canes! I think we are in the Crazies section which he will love, but had 4 ?'s: 1) Is Sec 17 the Crazies spot? 2) Since row and seat says G/A, is it first come first serve in where you sit in this section? 3) Other than getting to the game an hour ahead of time,are there any other things I should know to make this a great experience for him? 4) Does anyone know if the Campus shop is open on Sundays?
    Thanks in advance for helping us to enjoy K'ville and Duke Blue Heaven! Go DUKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Play like DUKE! View Post
    Never been to CIS, but got tix for my 12 yo son's b-day, so we are headed down for Sunday's game vs. the Canes! I think we are in the Crazies section which he will love, but had 4 ?'s: 1) Is Sec 17 the Crazies spot? 2) Since row and seat says G/A, is it first come first serve in where you sit in this section? 3) Other than getting to the game an hour ahead of time,are there any other things I should know to make this a great experience for him? 4) Does anyone know if the Campus shop is open on Sundays?
    Thanks in advance for helping us to enjoy K'ville and Duke Blue Heaven! Go DUKE!!!!
    1) Yes.
    2) Yes.
    3) You may want to get to Duke a bit earlier to walk around, see the campus, the Chapel, the Gardens.
    4) Looks like the University Store in the Bryan Center will be open from 3 to 7 that afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Play like DUKE! View Post
    4 ?'s What is this? Passover?
    1) Yes, Section 17 is the TV side, where The Cameron Crazies sit
    2) Yes, it is first come, first served. Also known as to the fastest/strongest/most aggressive goes the best seats. Fortunately, not everyone agrees as to what the best seating location is.
    3 & 4) These were answered for another poster last week. I provided a link to the store providing their hours. You can search for the thread here or for the Bryan Center store.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

You need to get there more than an hour ahead of time. The doors open an hour ahead of time. You may want to get there an hour before that to stand in line.

Good stuff-Thanks for the tips and links!

as far as the store goes, if you get there two to three hours ahead, you can walk around and hit the Bryan center, but there's also a small store across the walkway in Card gym that should be open as well.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Great tips!!! Go to the University store at the Bryan Center, and walk around and see the Chapel.

Make sure you are in line, and standing 1 hour before the doors open. So you can get a great standing spot!!!!! Probably front row, behind the media personnel. Paint your face, wear your Duke gear, and make a good fold up poster or sign... and you will get on TV!!!!!

The little store is open, in Card gym. Has just a select of merchandise.

You can park in the Bryan Center....... and get a validation from the University store, (spend $10 or more) and get FREE PARKING!!!! If that still is an option. Should be, and the students arent back yet.

GO DUKE!!!!

Didnt want to make a new thread for this question, but how many seats are in section 19 from one end to the other? Just one row.

Quote Originally Posted by wtm001 View Post
    Didnt want to make a new thread for this question, but how many seats are in section 19 from one end to the other? Just one row.
    Maybe this should be a poll. I'll guess, odd numbers only in the upstairs sections, 12. (The sections in Cameron are divided by an aisle and odd are on one side and even on the other.)

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe this should be a poll. I'll guess, odd numbers only in the upstairs sections, 12. (The sections in Cameron are divided by an aisle and odd are on one side and even on the other.)
    I believe section 19 is different. I have 2 tickets next to each other and they are lets say ticket number 5 and 6

Quote Originally Posted by wtm001 View Post
    I believe section 19 is different. I have 2 tickets next to each other and they are lets say ticket number 5 and 6
    19 is a bleacher section, bench side. I have this vague recollection of 120ish before the blue cushions went in. But don't hold me to that!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    19 is a bleacher section, bench side. I have this vague recollection of 120ish before the blue cushions went in. But don't hold me to that!

-jk
    Thanks! I was thinking around 120 as well

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk

The padded bleachers are behind the team benches. And they are much much better, since almost the whole section has the pads. and thank goodness, the aisles were put in. Much needed. No one could ever get in or out. And climb all over each other.

The numbers start on the Visitors Team... 1 2 3 4 5 etc
    And there are 10 or 11 levels A row B Row C Row

If you are sitting on the Blue cushions, then at least, you don't have to stand, like Section 17 (Student Section).

This forum has so many good tips and nuggets throughout the threads. Good to pass on helpful information to others.

And as always,
    Go Duke!!!