Bruce Pearl ejected after 2 Ts

Bruce Pearl was ejected from the Tenn/ CofC game after 2 technical fouls. Under 4 minutes to go and CofC is up 82-70.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 12-31-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Cleaned up the Title

TN has underachieved all year so far. Wonder if the suspension has affected them mentally despite not starting until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDiva View Post
    Bruce Pearl was ejected from the Tenn/ CofC game after 2 technical fouls. Under 4 minutes to go and CofC is up 82-70.
    CofC beat them from start to finish, I heard. I saw just a few minutes of it and the announcer used the word " clinic ". I turned it after that.

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    TN has underachieved all year so far. Wonder if the suspension has affected them mentally despite not starting until next week.
    They beat an awfully good Pitt team AT Pitt. I wouldn't call that underachieving.

The potential is there, but I think I agree that the NCAA stuff has Pearl rattled which has projected on the team a little...resulting in a little dysfunction. They're certainly not a team anyone wants to face in the 2nd or 3rd round of the NCAAs though.

On another note, Cremins and The College are really pulling out some quality Ws. And with Adjehi Baru coming in next year, things are really starting to look up. Losing Guidelock will hurt, but it's fun having the Cougs good enough to go into Tennessee and beat the Vols.

Go Duke!
    Go Cougars!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    They beat an awfully good Pitt team AT Pitt. I wouldn't call that underachieving.

The potential is there, but I think I agree that the NCAA stuff has Pearl rattled which has projected on the team a little...resulting in a little dysfunction. They're certainly not a team anyone wants to face in the 2nd or 3rd round of the NCAAs though.

On another note, Cremins and The College are really pulling out some quality Ws. And with Adjehi Baru coming in next year, things are really starting to look up. Losing Guidelock will hurt, but it's fun having the Cougs good enough to go into Tennessee and beat the Vols.Go Duke!
    Go Cougars!
    To say nothing about beating Kerlina (which was even better)!

Talking Bruce Had Seen Enough?

I kinda figure Coach Pearl had seen enough and didn't want to stick around for the finish. However, a guy on thin ice doesn't need any more demerits.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDiva View Post
    He wanted his team to get used to playing without him ...

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    To say nothing about beating Kerlina (which was even better)!

Better sure, but really not all that special anymore