View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 108-62 win over UNCG?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Singler

21 16.03%
  • Nolan Smith

97 74.05%
  • Miles Plumlee

9 6.87%
  • Ryan Kelly

2 1.53%
  • Seth Curry

0 0%
  • Mason Plumlee

1 0.76%
  • Andre Dawkins

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

1 0.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not to be trite, but I too want to express my profound respect for Coach K's accomplishments throughout the last 30+ years, that now enable his total Division I victories to exceed Dean Smith's.

I voted for Nolan, but did anybody else think his shot looked funny last night? His feet were scissoring as he went up and I don't remember seeing that from him very much, and his shot (even his free throws) looked flatter than usual. The shots went in, so this is not so much a criticism as a curiosity, at least for now. Did anybody else notice this, or was I hallucinating?

Quote Originally Posted by smcook313 View Post
    I also voted for Nolan. This may not come out right but hear me out. Kyle's game is irreplaceable, he's one of the best 3/4 men that Duke has had the privaledge to have BUT I think Nolan's play will determine our April dreams. Again, it's not like Kyle can just shut off for tourney but I'm also not worried about him doing this. He is so consistant and so good that we are all so spoiled to expect his 15+ points, 5+ rebounds, and his unmeasurable leadership contributions on the court.

Nolan, on the other hand, is the most critical piece to our team this year. He has been given the task of playing out of position and been told to lead the #1 team in the nation to another National Championship. The pressure must be incredible. His poise would tell you otherwise. KI being sidelined has put Duke's season in the hands of the finest off ball guard in the game. Notice, I didnt say on ball. He is not only accepting his role, he's destroyin it! He is adapting to play the most challenging posistion in college basketball and its flawless. At the end of the year, I think Nolan will have made Harrison Barnes' Preseason All American vote look absolutely silly. Nolan will, and should, be on every ballot in this country. His play determines our finale and no matter the outcome, we all have to appreciate Nolan for everything that he is as player. We are privaledged to watch him.
    I absolutely agree with you. I don't know how any player can be more impressive, all things considered, than Nolan Smith. I love this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I voted for Nolan, but did anybody else think his shot looked funny last night? His feet were scissoring as he went up and I don't remember seeing that from him very much, and his shot (even his free throws) looked flatter than usual. The shots went in, so this is not so much a criticism as a curiosity, at least for now. Did anybody else notice this, or was I hallucinating?
    I did notice that. Not a lot of arc on his shots. One foul shot ( that went in ) was a laser.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I did. Not the foot thing, but I thought his free throws were flatter than I have ever seen. I would rather see more arch personally, but like you said, the shot was going in which is all that matters.

The really exciting thing about Nolan is seeing how much better he has gotten each year. He needed to improve after his sophomore year, and he did--a lot. But he looks even better this year, which is almost too much to hope for. Clearly, he must have a great work ethic, a lot of determination, and a good sense of what he needs to work on at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Coach K because he has done it with class over the past 880 wins.
    I agree with Miles a close 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Who voted for someone other than Nolan, Kyle or Miles? Must have been a family member.
    Seth was my second option but I chose Nolan overall.

Same thought

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    I did. Not the foot thing, but I thought his free throws were flatter than I have ever seen. I would rather see more arch personally, but like you said, the shot was going in which is all that matters.
    I remember remarking that Nolan's free throws look awful flat in the previous game. Not near as much arch as he usually has. Then I saw the same trajectory on his FTs against unc-G. Go Duke!