Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MBB: Duke vs. UNC-G Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

It is time to discuss the game. The team looked rusty during their last outing and tonight's game comes after another nine day break, however, the Blue Devils should be motivated to win the game for Coach Krzyzewski so I expect them to come out hot and jump all over UNC-G from the start.
    Bob Green

let's hope so....the team is adjusting to playing without KI and getting a rhythm going..

go duke !!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I'll be in attendance. Appreciate the way Coach K has scheduled games in Greensboro (and Charlotte occasionally) for in-state Duke fans who are not in the Triangle and/or don't have season tickets.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This is going to be a complete and total blowout. When was the last time that an undefeated Duke team with more than 10 games under their belt played a winless team?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    This is going to be a complete and total blowout. When was the last time that an undefeated Duke team with more than 10 games under their belt played a winless team?
    Well, we weren't undefeated (we had one loss), but last year we played winless Penn on December 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Well, we weren't undefeated (we had one loss), but last year we played winless Penn on December 31.
    And won by 58, if I recall correctly.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I saw UNCG play in the Greensboro Coliseum against NC A&T earlier this season and they got completed dominated by A&T's big man underneath. UNCG has a couple of big bodies, but their starter is butter soft underneath. I think Duke will win this one by at least 50. Look for Plum 1 and Plum 2 to have big games (30 & 15 combined). Sad to see me alma mater so sucky, but I will always be a Duke fan!

I am very excited and can't wait to watch K pass dean. My buddies and I are going to a local bar to watch and it just so happens to be a pro-unc bar with unc stuff on the wall so it should be a fun place to watch K overtake dean.

Espn3?

Curiously, I'm not seeing the game on the ESPN3 slate. Can anyone confirm that the game will be shown exclusively one ESPNU and nowhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCO2009 View Post
    Curiously, I'm not seeing the game on the ESPN3 slate. Can anyone confirm that the game will be shown exclusively one ESPNU and nowhere else?
    That's what ESPN currently indicates.

Does anyone know how much parking will be at the coliseum? The only information I've been able to get from calling and checking the website is that it "varies by event." Would be nice to know how much cash I need to have...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    That's what ESPN currently indicates.
    I thought if the game was shown on ESPN(insertchannelsuffixhere) then it was automatically included on 3 as well. I have ESPNU so I'm good to go, but for the sake of those who don't I hope it is shown on 3, or at least justin.tv.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Does anyone know how much parking will be at the coliseum? The only information I've been able to get from calling and checking the website is that it "varies by event." Would be nice to know how much cash I need to have...
    There should be no parking problem at the Coliseum. Plenty of space. So big I lost a car one night at the old Big Four Tourney!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    $10 is what you should expect. That's how much I paid when I attended a UNCG game earlier this season at the Coliseum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuqua's Finest View Post
    $10 is what you should expect. That's how much I paid when I attended a UNCG game earlier this season at the Coliseum.
    Thanks, that's what I was hoping. I'll probably bring 20 just to be safe I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I thought if the game was shown on ESPN(insertchannelsuffixhere) then it was automatically included on 3 as well. I have ESPNU so I'm good to go, but for the sake of those who don't I hope it is shown on 3, or at least justin.tv.
    Nope. They only put a selection of their live broadcasts on the espn3 stream (as well as stream certain games that are not being shown live).

Hope for the night...

My first hope for the night is that Mason gets extended minutes. I really think he needs to put in 30 minutes a game to be ready for ACC play. I want to see him turn and go to the basket. Not fade away with a hook shot! I think we need to play about 37 minutes of ballz to the wall basketball! Its so vital that we are in sync and tuned with this offense. Miami is no joke and they will be ready for us. I hope Seth gets some good PG minutes and Dre needs to work for a shot tonight. Im really excited to see how we do tonight. We should have this "O" about polished and cranking on all cylinders. Good luck tonight guys! GO DUKE

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Nope. They only put a selection of their live broadcasts on the espn3 stream (as well as stream certain games that are not being shown live).
    Earlier this season there was another ESPNU game that didn't show up on the ESPN3 "upcoming" list until about 10 min before tipoff. There is a chance this one won't be streaming online at all, but I'm holding out hope it will appear before 7. For the fellow streamers out there, don't give up hope on ESPN3 until after tipoff.
    “Turning down the Lakers was tough, but it is always good to renew your vows to the loves of your life.”
    -Coach K

live tempo-based stats for the game here:

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=6975

starters: Curry, Smith, Singler, Kelly, Miles Plumlee

If espn3 doesn't work out you can use this link. Not as good of quality as espn3 but much better than we got for the Elon game.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-espnu.html