Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Saving Kyrie's Toe & Other Toe-tal Chatter (From the Vigil Thread)

Insert your sense of humour here if it is not immediately obvious that the below is firmly tongue in cheek :-)

The solution to the problem is quite simple- Nate James needs to donate his big toe as a transplant to Kyrie- the subsequent infusion of badassery will not only insure a full recovery for Kyrie in a matter of minutes, but also an unparalleled season of success for the Blue Devils.

The Duke medical staff is hard at work developing the procedure for the transplant in their super secret underground labs. My source tells me that one of the challenges is that Nate James regenerates his toe so quickly they are concerned that the separated toe may grow another full Nate James before they can attach the toe to Kyrie.

Happy Holidays all!

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    ... You're really ready to anoint Kyrie as "perhaps THE greatest college freshman ever" after only eight games? ...

I think we've just seen perhaps THE most hyperbolic post....ever.... ...
    This, in light of descriptions of Horvath tearing it up in summer pick-up, and thus being the go-to guy in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    ... The solution to the problem is quite simple- Nate James needs to donate his big toe as a transplant to Kyrie- ...
    And exactly how is Kyrie supposed to run the fast break with his big toe stuck in the as$ of the toughest opposing player?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    And exactly how is Kyrie supposed to run the fast break with his big toe stuck in the as$ of the toughest opposing player?
    My favorite post in this thread! Well done sir...

Talking Can't resist....

Sorry...but all this talk about the big toe got me thinking....

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=2086

Quote Originally Posted by aro24 View Post
    Sorry...but all this talk about the big toe got me thinking....

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=2086
    Well done! A Bill Murray metaphor seems to fit this thread nicely...

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Well done! A Bill Murray metaphor seems to fit this thread nicely...
    It sure does!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Insert your sense of humour here if it is not immediately obvious that the below is firmly tongue in cheek :-)

The solution to the problem is quite simple- Nate James needs to donate his big toe as a transplant to Kyrie- the subsequent infusion of badassery will not only insure a full recovery for Kyrie in a matter of minutes, but also an unparalleled season of success for the Blue Devils.

The Duke medical staff is hard at work developing the procedure for the transplant in their super secret underground labs. My source tells me that one of the challenges is that Nate James regenerates his toe so quickly they are concerned that the separated toe may grow another full Nate James before they can attach the toe to Kyrie.

Happy Holidays all!

-g
    can Kyrie's body handle that much bad-assery? I think we may end up seeing graft vs host disease.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

Whenever Kyrie's toe is healed it will take him a bit of time to get back into basketball shape. I am guessing that part takes a few weeks. Darn these foot injuries!

GO DUKE!
    Dude, I am not sure what kind of medical training you have gotten, but if Kyrie gets Nate's badass toe, then he will be instantly ready to play at full speed.

--Jason "it is a medical fact, you can look it up" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Basketball Shape

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

Whenever Kyrie's toe is healed it will take him a bit of time to get back into basketball shape. I am guessing that part takes a few weeks. Darn these foot injuries!

GO DUKE!
    Very true but I'd expect him to be doing a lot of bike and pool work to keep his cardio in good shape. Basketball shape is different but I'd imagine K or whoever would easy him back into game situations.

But as Jason said, if he gets anything from Nate he will be good to go. Any stem cell research applications here? Get some stem cells from Nate and voila.

These guys might have an extra toe to donate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3QGMbIQ3D4

(Looks like the lead singer is wearing a Duke shirt.)

I am compelled to read this thread in some gross morbid way...

Kinda like how when there is a HUGE wreck on the Hwy ... I have to see if there is some mangled body part lying or hanging somewhere..

I'll be glad when this topic is His-Toe-Rie

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    I am compelled to read this thread in some gross morbid way...

Kinda like how when there is a HUGE wreck on the Hwy ... I have to see if there is some mangled body part lying or hanging somewhere..

Agreed. And yet I feel compelled to toe the line and contribute here.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    Just try to avoid the untoeard comments.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Just try to avoid the untoeard comments.
    Rumors keep cropping up at a toerid pace, I wish a mod would just put their foot down (with out breaking anything, of course, and while being careful to not step on anyone's toes).

(For those interested, this thread just cracked the top 15 for longest on the board)

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Rumors keep cropping up at a toerid pace, I wish a mod would just put their foot down (with out breaking anything, of course, and while being careful to not step on anyone's toes).

(For those interested, this thread just cracked the top 15 for longest on the board)
    This thread is toetally uncalled for. I know he's an incredibly polished player and he nails most of his shots, but all this speculation just needs to be put to bed.
    T '05, SOM '10

Quote Originally Posted by coldriver10 View Post
    This thread is toetally uncalled for. I know he's an incredibly polished player and he nails most of his shots, but all this speculation just needs to be put to bed.
    wow, bravo.

Perhaps a Toest is in order for us... Take a drink, have some curly fries and use your claw to bang a hammer and mallet.

Heeere we go again... at this rate, we'll be hitting quadruple digits soon!

Unfortunately, a possibly Duke-career-ending injury to possibly the most dynamic freshman in Duke history right when a team was preparing to become one of the best Duke teams in history will do that

Quote Originally Posted by coldriver10 View Post
    If Kyrie comes back I'm going to have roast beef. While I wait to find out, I'll have none. I need to finish my Christmas shopping at the market, but during the holidays I'll stay home. If Kyrie is done for the season I'm going to cry, "wee wee wee wee" all the way home.