Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas 78 unc 76

Texas 78 unc 76

This is the last challenging non-conference opponent for UNC, and the first six game stretch of their ACC schedule is ridiculously easy. I'd hate to see them put together a long winning streak and build some confidence. They're no threat to beat us in Cameron, of course, but they could easily roll in there at 7-1 in conference. Let's go Longhorns!!

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    This is the last challenging non-conference opponent for UNC, and the first six game stretch of their ACC schedule is ridiculously easy. I'd hate to see them put together a long winning streak and build some confidence. They're no threat to beat us in Cameron, of course, but they could easily roll in there at 7-1 in conference. Let's go Longhorns!!
    I don't see them going 7-1 in conference. This is the same team that already has three L's including Vandy and Sota.

But I would also like to see Texas win of course. Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell.

Hook 'em, 'Horns.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hook 'em, 'Horns.
    Agreed. But, to borrow from a recent meme in the Toe thread, "never go in with Rick Barnes when a win is on the line."

UNC's got Zeller and that's about it. No one else on that team looks like they are really any good.

Its weird to think that guys like McDonald and Barnes were on our radar and highly coveted, and now they look like run of the mill ACC starters. I can't imagine all the talent evaluators AND our own staff had it all wrong this whole time. Daggumit, there must be another explanation

Texas also OWNING UNC on the boards, particularly the O-boards. I also don't see any camaraderie on this team. Zeller, their best player, hits the floor fighting for the board, its a TV timeout and the other four UNC players start walking to the bench and Zeller helps himself up.

I don't say this to pile on Roy "just cause," but I truly believe this is on Roy, and he should be doing a better job with this talent.

Let's Go Texas!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    UNC's got Zeller and that's about it. No one else on that team looks like they are really any good.

Its weird to think that guys like McDonald and Barnes were on our radar and highly coveted, and now they look like run of the mill ACC starters. I can't imagine all the talent evaluators AND our own staff had it all wrong this whole time. Daggumit, there must be another explanation

Texas also OWNING UNC on the boards, particularly the O-boards. I also don't see any camaraderie on this team. Zeller, their best player, hits the floor fighting for the board, its a TV timeout and the other four UNC players start walking to the bench and Zeller helps himself up.

I don't say this to pile on Roy "just cause," but I truly believe this is on Roy, and he should be doing a better job with this talent.
    Loved Roy's comment about how Texas recruits players that can gain weight when talking about how strong the Longhorns are.

I'm a huge Texas fan today. A Carolina loss would improve the dreary rainy day outside!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    UNC's got Zeller and that's about it.
    Don't forget about Karl Hess. Player of the game so far.

^Zing!

Texas went cold for the last 7 minutes of the half, turned the ball over, and let carolina back into it.

I don't think I've seen UNC take one 3-point shot...

check that: they're 0-3
    Last edited by SilkyJ; 12-18-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: check that

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Don't forget about Karl Hess. Player of the game so far.
    I just caught the half-time stats and saw Texas with 15 team fouls! WTH? Looks like they are on the way to fouling out about 4 players, just like ky did when they played on the 'heels "real" home court.

Wonder if Dean Smith is in attendance, just so he can re-live the "good times" he and Rick Barnes had.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I just caught the half-time stats and saw Texas with 15 team fouls! WTH? Looks like they are on the way to fouling out about 4 players, just like ky did when they played on the 'heels "real" home court.

Wonder if Dean Smith is in attendance, just so he can re-live the "good times" he and Rick Barnes had.
    I doubt Dean Smith even remembers Rick Barnes at this point in his life. I'm no fan of Dean, but I wouldn't wish his problems on anyone.

Too bad Karl Hess can't trade brains with Dean. If Karl Hess had any mental difficulties, we wouldn't know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I don't see them going 7-1 in conference. This is the same team that already has three L's including Vandy and Sota.
    A couple of weeks ago I would have agreed with you but a win against KY followed by a win against Texas could give them a lot of confidence. Their season is long from over and turnaround is still very possible.

This game could go a long way in determining if unc is a solid ncaa team or a NIT team. Momentum is a tricky thing!

What's up with Roy? He has called 2 time outs during the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Now he's called 4! I nearly passed out on the second, three and four were just beyond the scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Nothing could be sweeter, except 82-50 - particularly when they mention Hill to Laettner during the last second!

Great win by Texas. That was maybe the best coaching job I have seen by Barnes. Roy was his usual self!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlindevildog91 View Post
    Now he's called 4! I nearly passed out on the second, three and four were just beyond the scope.
    He won't be able to use that "time-outs not used" banner now at the dump.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Nothing could be sweeter, except 82-50 - particularly when they mention Hill to Laettner during the last second!
    I noticed on the 1st in-bounds play, Texas did not guard the in-bounds guy and Roy "wasted" a TO. Then, Barnes had the in-bounds guy guarded. "Genius" coaching.