Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    --Jason "I could see a school that values academics wanting a guy like him in charge" Evans
    Dawkins isn't going anywhere. Montgomery isn't going anywhere. Carmody isn't going anywhere. JT3 isn't going anywhere. Stallings isn't going anywhere.

That pretty much leaves Rice, UC Irvine, and the service academies.

Tommy is better off staying at Harvard.

--Jason "I could see a school that values academics wanting a guy like him in charge" Evans
    I could, too, Jason, not to suggest that a university like Duke will be searching for the perfect "replacement" head coach any time soon. However, Johnny at Stanford and Tommy at Harvard is "coincidentally" rather interesting. Add soon-to-be-head-coach Collins to the mix, never forgetting Wojo, Quinn, etc. and the question is certiain to be rather fascinating . . . perhaps, an abundance of excellent alternatives.

Harvard Up 1 at halftime

Game is broadcast live on Espn3. A little confusing to watch as Harvard (the home team) is wearing their black uni's and Princeton is wearing white.

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumDuke View Post
    Game is broadcast live on Espn3. A little confusing to watch as Harvard (the home team) is wearing their black uni's and Princeton is wearing white.
    Almost as painful as the Carolina game ...

I do leave the game feeling that we can win a playoff if we win at Penn to earn that game. Harvard's FT shooting is annoyingly good.

So, as O&B indicated, Tommy's team won yesterday 79-67 over Princeton. This means Harvard at least shares the Ivy title -- it depends on how Princeton does on Tuesday at Penn. You can bet Penn will be sky high for the game for a chance to deny their rival a shot at the league title.

Question-- has anyone figured out where a tiebreaker game would be played if they had to have one? The location would obviously be a big deal.

Believe it or not, Harvard may get a decent seed. CBS's RPI has them at #36, which would put them in line for a potential at-large bid if they miss out on the Ivy's automatic bid. I don't really think that will happen, but if they make the tourney I think they will get a #12 or #13. They would have a real shot at an upset.

-Jason "they could be pre-season Top 25 next year... seriously" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Just pushing this back up because Princeton took care of business downing Penn to force the one game playoff. The part I find odd/interesting is that the playoff will be held at Yale for a neutral site. So the big trio of American colleges are joined in a different manner than normal(and as a neutral site, with any yalies attending rooting for both to lose?)

Rats!!

I had hoped Penn would step up to the plate.

At the end of the Harvard-Princeton game, the Princeton coach forced his players to sit and watch the storming-of-the-court celebration. Excellent coaching move. I hope TA can get his team ready.

Harvard & Princeton play at 4 p.m. Saturday on ESPN3. Of course, I hope to be watching Duke's semifinal then and following the score of the Harvard game online.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Just pushing this back up because Princeton took care of business downing Penn to force the one game playoff. The part I find odd/interesting is that the playoff will be held at Yale for a neutral site. So the big trio of American colleges are joined in a different manner than normal(and as a neutral site, with any yalies attending rooting for both to lose?)
    Yale is the best possible site, when you think about it.

Believe it or not, Harvard may get a decent seed. CBS's RPI has them at #36, which would put them in line for a potential at-large bid if they miss out on the Ivy's automatic bid. I don't really think that will happen, but if they make the tourney I think they will get a #12 or #13. They would have a real shot at an upset.
    I've been hoping that Michigan would sneak in and Harvard would get a shot at them in the tournament, with the obvious storyline being Tommy getting a chance to beat the school that fired him -- in the minds of many, unfairly, given the hand he was dealt there -- on the biggest stage. And if you look at the seedings it really could happen.

If, say, Michigan is a 12 (though if they beat Illinois I think they'll be an 11 or even a 10) and Harvard is a 13, in the same regional, and they upset the 5 and 4 respectively, they would meet in round two. The committee seems to like setting up those kinds of matchups. I'd love it, especially now in light of Jalen Rose's idiotic and destructive comments about Duke as discussed in another thread.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Sister Schools Update - Harvard Goes for First Ever Ivy League Title on Saturday

One game for all the Ivy League marbles - Harvard vs. Princeton, 4pm on Saturday at Yale?! I guess they wanted a 'neutral' site.

And c'mon, you just know that if Harvard wins, the selection committee is going to give them Duke in the first round.

sister school? more like annoying little brother school. harvard is the duke of massachusetts, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    And c'mon, you just know that if Harvard wins, the selection committee is going to give them Duke in the first round.
    Neither Harvard nor Princeton would be a 15 or 16 seed. Whichever team wins is likely to end up as a 13 - 14 at the lowest.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Neither Harvard nor Princeton would be a 15 or 16 seed. Whichever team wins is likely to end up as a 13 - 14 at the lowest.
    That's especially true given the rankings of some of the teams already in the tournament:
    Sun Belt=Arkansas-Little Rock, rpi and kenpom around 200
    Big South=UNC-Asheville, numbers in the 140's
    MAAC=St. Peter's, numbers around 100
    Southern=Wofford, ditto
    Missouri Valley=Indiana State, ditto again

And that's with some really weak conferences like the Southland, MEAC, and SWAC yet to crown their champs. Even with the two extra 16's this year, Harvard doesn't get pushed below a 14. Harvard's RPI is 35 and Kenpom in the low 40's so it's possible that they could even get an at-large bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    No way. If Harvard gets in, it could be as high as an 11 seed. It gets huge RPI and SOS bumps from playing BC and UConn.

Princeton's Ticket Allotment for this game ...

sold out in less than an hour. There is a lot of interest in our getting this done.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Yale is the best possible site, when you think about it.
    So true--a neutral site in the worst way. And given that they actually plan their schedules around both minimizing travel expenses and minimizing academic schedule disruptions in the Ivies, the fact that it's pretty much in the middle between the two schools probably has something to do with it, too. Both teams will travel about the same distance, and neither will have to stay overnight.

Just a reminder for anyone wants to open up their computer during the Duke game today, Harvard vs Princeton (at Yale) is live on ESPN3 today at 4pm est. The winner gets the automatic bid.

Harvard up 7 at half!! GO HARVARD!! Keep it up!

Princeton won on a last second shot. Blah.