Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hurley1 View Post
    ...i can only imagine what would happen if 2 duke players did this...
    I imagine a tussle between two Duke students would look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS4bPgwizqc

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    5 games in 5 days is a lot for any team/athlete. I would think the chance of someone getting hurt would be greater. Not predicting that it will happen, but it would be interesting karma if in trying to skirt the rules to get one player back, they lose one or more due to injury.
    Ok...it wasn't an injury, but I still believe in karma.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Ok...it wasn't an injury, but I still believe in karma.
    miss st. will not get far with this type of character on their team....i am anxious to see what level of tarkanian this coach has in him.....

not jumping to conclusions here, but, is this suggesting 2 games is all these 2 players will get for fighting ???...

Mississippi State suspended sophomore forward Renardo Sidney and junior forward Elgin Bailey indefinitely for their altercation in the stands at the Diamond Head Classic on Thursday night.

The school said both players were sent home from Hawaii and would miss Saturday's game versus Hawaii and Wednesday's game versus Saint Mary's in Las Vegas.

it also says that the suspensions would be determined by the players going forward...what does that mean ???....i believe this guy is kin to tark...

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Should we start calling the NCAA the National Criminal Athletic Assn. yet ???????...This is disgusting...He sent them home....unfreakingbelieveble !!!!!!

Wow. Dana ONeill wasn't far from being right. I know this link was posted elsewhere already but for easy reference...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ana&id=5973864

It's almost laughable what is going on these days.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Where is the Miss. St. AD in all this...his ultimate deal. Anybody heard a comment?

The AD is responsible for his program, right?

I may be wrong,but, i think the Bailey kid is a pretty good kid and now he has transferred because of this incident. I believe he was one of the captains on the team. When you swap a good kid for a bad kid, you make a bad swap. This coach does absolutely nothing for me. He reminds me of Tark.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Interesting ain't it, that the star player gets reinstated just in time for the conference opener, while the lesser player transfers. Not real hard to see through that. Stansbury is going to take a tremendous rep hit for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Interesting ain't it, that the star player gets reinstated just in time for the conference opener, while the lesser player transfers. Not real hard to see through that. Stansbury is going to take a tremendous rep hit for this one.
    Not sure Stansbury had much of a reputation to lose before this.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Not sure Stansbury had much of a reputation to lose before this.
    Fair point. Whatever rep he had left is gone now. That's for sure.

This is the single largest reason that I am a Duke fan. I did not attend Duke and neither did my family. I am not even from N.C. Duke is simply the elite and i admire the elite in anything. How Coach K has developed 18 -22 year old kids for all these years and never had more than a handful of any kinds of problems is just impossible. Discipline, Grades, you name it. Miss. St. has had more problems already this year than Coach K has had in his entire career at Duke. Not to mention, he wins. I love what Duke is.