Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does Andre have a nickname now?

Several times during the Bradley game, the cameras showed a sign that said "BOSS" with his picture in the "O." Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about a nickname, but you Crazies should be chanting "Yeah, three more Dawk!" and chomping on carrots, ala Bugs Bunny (Nyah, what's up Doc?), whenever he drains a 3. Guaranteed props from all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeVtZjGII-I
    Last edited by WiJoe; 12-09-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fitimi1 View Post
    Several times during the Bradley game, the cameras showed a sign that said "BOSS" with his picture in the "O." Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks in advance.
    I saw the BOSS sign too, but I'm not sure of its meaning.

I have heard the players say "Dre All Day" a lot, though. For instance, check out the post-game interview after the Bradley highlights here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DukeBlue.../0/huhMbojVUeo

Quote Originally Posted by 91_92_01_10 View Post

I have heard the players say "Dre All Day" a lot, though. For instance, check out the post-game interview after the Bradley highlights here:

Yea me and my roommate always say "All day Dre" whenever he hits a 3.

Well his twitter account is dre_day20. So possibly "Dre Day"?

Its Dre Day

Mayday mayday

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    I don't know about a nickname, but you Crazies should be chanting "Yeah, three more Dawk!" and chomping on carrots, ala Bugs Bunny (Nyah, what's up Doc?), whenever he drains a 3. Guaranteed props from all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeVtZjGII-I
    yeaaaaaaa, i'm not sure i see that catching on.

personally, i vote for andre 'boom boom' dawkins, and will be exclusively referring to him as such.

Quote Originally Posted by 91_92_01_10 View Post

also, notice that the beat is taken from "forgot about dre" by dr. dre, though we aren't treated to a sample of dre's sweet sweet flow.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    yeaaaaaaa, i'm not sure i see that catching on.

personally, i vote for andre 'boom boom' dawkins, and will be exclusively referring to him as such.
    Awww come on! Are you telling me you can't see the correlation between Warner Brothers, basketball and gangsta rap? Lol!! (outside of perhaps a ridiculous 'Space Jam' reference)

I just prefer plain old Dre Day. That's what his twitter account name is so I'm guessing that is a nickname he likes. I don't see why we can't just oblige him. It's not like we have to give him a new nickname since he already has a perfectly good one.

I don't care what he is called as long as he will DRAin the 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    I just prefer plain old Dre Day. That's what his twitter account name is so I'm guessing that is a nickname he likes. I don't see why we can't just oblige him. It's not like we have to give him a new nickname since he already has a perfectly good one.
    By the universal rule of nicknames one can try to pick one but it may not stick. A nickname sticks by consensus of your friends, or in the case of athletes, their fans. Someone who is admired may veto one if it starts to catch on but a nickname is only established if the crowd starts chanting it and it catches on from game to game.

Some people can pick their own, like Puffy/P-Diddy/Puff-Daddy, but that's pretty rare.
    Last edited by Rudy; 12-09-2010 at 11:43 PM.

Why don't we just call him whatever we like? Sounds great to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    By the universal rule of nicknames one can try to pick one but it may not stick. A nickname sticks by consensus of your friends, or in the case of athletes, their fans. Someone who is admired may veto one if it starts to catch on but a nickname is only established if the crowd starts chanting it and it catches on from game to game.

Back when I was in jr and sr high (60's) I picked up "Celtic" as a nickname because I was the only one around who wore black Chuck Taylors (Converse All Stars shoes) and the Celtics of those days wore them. Then somehow it morphed into "East Side", although we were in the west side suburbs of Cleveland. I'm not sure how that happened but I had no control over either.

Some people can pick their own, like Puffy/P-Diddy/Puff-Daddy, but that's pretty rare.
    Well Dre is a better shooter then Puffy is a rapper so I guess that settles it!

I just call him "The Baby-Faced Killa"! I heard that one early on and it stuck in my head!

Just "All Day" could have a nice ring as a chant after a score.

When he sets his feet, its over cause he is always Dawk n' Loaded

Yes his new nickname is "starter". Duke needs him to pick up the slack.
    The Terrapin Assassin