Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miami/Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Regenman View Post
    As for the ridiculous Coach Cutliffe analogy. I'll add on a factor that you choose to ignore. If Coach Cutliffe took us to the brink of a championship and then decided to use only half his scholarships, get rid of the OC and DC that got him to the championship and then jumped ship, that'll be a better indication of how one would feel with LeBron's jump to the Heat after he had a say in all the personnel decisions (and the resultant salary cap issues).
    So Lebron coerced the Cavaliers into only spending $29M on their roster (even though it was $52M...), then forced them to fire all their assistants this summer? Gotcha.

I'm having trouble keeping up with all of the reasons Cleveland hates Lebron. I'm not necessarily a fan of his, but it's starting to seem like they're just making excuses for an irrational hatred towards a celebrity to whom they have no personal connection in real life.

I Still Don't Get It...

Is there a bigger jerk in the NBA than Kobe? I don't even think its close. This why I can't understand the hate, particularly from people that have no association with Cleveland. As for Cleveland, they are starting to remind me of a girl I dated back home while I was at Duke. We talked a lot about the future and how great things would be after I graduated and we were together. It didn't work out and to this day she still thinks I ruined her life. Get over it Cleveland. He did way more than bring hope to that pitiful franchise. He put them on the map. He played out his contract, never demanded a trade and I have never heard of him openly criticizing a single team mate, coach or fan... and God knows he would have a lot to criticize.

And anyone that thinks Lebron quit in the Boston series needs to check his stat line. If that's quitting, most players haven't even started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    You've got to be freaking kidding me! You hate Cleveland and their fans because they are cocky, ignorant, their owners show poor character and their teams win too much? WTF?

You're talking about CLEVELAND! The rabid Browns fans in Cleveland have forgotten more about football and baseball than you'll know in your entire life. How are they cocky? They've lived through 60 years of agony and torment. You know why? Because their teams haven't won anything in forever. And regarding judging "owners who have poor character" maybe, since you seem so in awe of LeBron's little fund raiser for BGCA, you should consider how much money people like Al Lerner put back into their communities.

Here's what I think. I think you're a big fan of LeBron, and you have every right to be. But I also think that since you're a fan, you've decided that a bunch of people who are critical of the fact that he promised to do whatever he could to bring a title to the long suffering fans of Cleveland are wrong, and so, you "hate" them.

You also bemoan the fact that the owners in Cleveland didn't surround LeBron with the talent and the people of Cleveland didn't support him. Bull. LeBron left because Delonte West screwed his mother in a hotel room during the Boston series. So LeBron quit on his teammates and his hometown. The mistakes of two people caused him to turn his back on thousands and quit. Good for him. Why don't you rationalize that for me.

But don't sit there and say that you hate Cleveland and all of their fans. My guess is you've a. not been to a sporting event in Cleveland, and b. know less than 10 people from the city.
    Actualy I never said that about Cleveland. I said im not sure why I do not like them then I said probably the same reason most fans hate other teams or players. I then just named a few reasons why people tend to hate other teams and players but I never said those were the reasons I did not like Cleveland. What teams do you not like hmm? Should you have to explain every single thing you do not like? I also do not like the Jets in the nfl, UNC in college, nor do I like UK or UCONN. Would like me to explain those as well?

And no I was never a Lebron fan.

I do not recall ever saying the fans did not support him because they did. He was basically their savior, he grew up their and became a star there.

Lebron left because every option was better than Cleveland who in 7 years did not try very hard to make the team better other than add a very washed up Shaq. Not many 25 year old guys would choose cold, dirty, crime ridden Cleveland over Miami where it so happens his friends play for the Heat.

Lebron did not quit either. He was the only player throughout that series with the Celtics who gave a damn. He had one bad shooting night and everyone in Cleveland thinks he quit. They talked about that on espn earlier today and said the same thing I did. He also did do everything he could to bring them a title. Did you ever watch him play? His stats are ridiculous and he played ferociously.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    You've got to be freaking kidding me! You hate Cleveland and their fans because they are cocky, ignorant, their owners show poor character and their teams win too much? WTF?

You're talking about CLEVELAND! The rabid Browns fans in Cleveland have forgotten more about football and baseball than you'll know in your entire life. How are they cocky? They've lived through 60 years of agony and torment. You know why? Because their teams haven't won anything in forever. And regarding judging "owners who have poor character" maybe, since you seem so in awe of LeBron's little fund raiser for BGCA, you should consider how much money people like Al Lerner put back into their communities.

Here's what I think. I think you're a big fan of LeBron, and you have every right to be. But I also think that since you're a fan, you've decided that a bunch of people who are critical of the fact that he promised to do whatever he could to bring a title to the long suffering fans of Cleveland are wrong, and so, you "hate" them.

You also bemoan the fact that the owners in Cleveland didn't surround LeBron with the talent and the people of Cleveland didn't support him. Bull. LeBron left because Delonte West screwed his mother in a hotel room during the Boston series. So LeBron quit on his teammates and his hometown. The mistakes of two people caused him to turn his back on thousands and quit. Good for him. Why don't you rationalize that for me.

But don't sit there and say that you hate Cleveland and all of their fans. My guess is you've a. not been to a sporting event in Cleveland, and b. know less than 10 people from the city.
    have nothing to add to this convo, but did get a chuckle out of the fact that if ANYONE besides a mod had said this it would have been hiatus time

Quote Originally Posted by 365Duke View Post
    have nothing to add to this convo, but did get a chuckle out of the fact that if ANYONE besides a mod had said this it would have been hiatus time
    Really? I don't see that at all.

looks like the cav's hate-fest did exactly what i asked in the OP....woke up the heat....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I'm not a Miami fan, but yes, I hope that they start playing better for my NBA watching's sake. Watching the Heat grind one out over the Wizards or Nets isn't especially interesting to me.

BTW, I think this picture can sum up the rather stupid hatred of Lebron as any.

I think everyone agrees that Lebron made a poor choice in how he announced his move to Miami, but he doesn't need to be vilified to the extent that he has for going to another team. It's a little ridiculous.
    I wonder if LeBron drives Le Car. Nah, he's like '6-8".

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2434 View Post
    How can anyone criticize the behavior of Cavs fans? What were you expecting? He gave up in the Boston series last year and then announces on TV that he is leaving their team and still has made it clear he doesn't think he did anything wrong. Many of you criticize how HB handled his college commitment and would probably boo him at a Duke game but show support of LeBron. You have to put yourselves in the shoes of a Cleveland fan.
    Say what you want about Lebron... but is this claim... that I hear over and over again... really true?

Game FGM-A REB AST STL BLK TO PTS

Game 1 12-24 2 7 3 2 2 35
    Game 2 7-15 7 4 3 2 5 24
    Game 3 14-22 7 1 2 1 1 38
    Game 4 7-18 8 2 1 7 4 22
    Game 5 3-14 7 1 0 3 3 15
    Game 6 8-21 19 10 3 1 9 27

Sure he laid a goose egg in game 5... but how about that triple double effort in game 6 with 19 rebounds, 10 assists, and 27 points? Who quits like that?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    Say what you want about Lebron... but is this claim... that I hear over and over again... really true?

Game FGM-A REB AST STL BLK TO PTS

Game 1 12-24 2 7 3 2 2 35
    Game 2 7-15 7 4 3 2 5 24
    Game 3 14-22 7 1 2 1 1 38
    Game 4 7-18 8 2 1 7 4 22
    Game 5 3-14 7 1 0 3 3 15
    Game 6 8-21 19 10 3 1 9 27

Sure he laid a goose egg in game 5... but how about that triple double effort in game 6 with 19 rebounds, 10 assists, and 27 points? Who quits like that?
    My same exact statement. And as for game 5... not everyone is on fire every night. You will have bad games especially with the other team honning in on you each night.

Let's see South Beach vs. Cleveland. LBJ didn't make his announcement the right way but is he dumb, I think not. That said, I'll take the "mistake on the lake" because my heart can't take the beautiful beaches, hot weather, spicey Latino food and the super hot models. Give me a nice old lady bundled up complete with a babushka, a flat screen, remote control, a cheap lazyboy and a bottle of Carlings Black Lable. Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke: A Dynasty View Post
    And as for game 5... not everyone is on fire every night.
    Especially if certain conspiracy theories have any truth.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    looks like the cav's hate-fest did exactly what i asked in the OP....woke up the heat....
    I think it's 2 things:

1-signing Dampier
    2-someone is finally starting to take the leader role (Wade for the time being)