ACC Vault - clips, highlights and games

Have you seen this?

http://vault.theacc.com/

Clips, highlights and entire games all the way back to Johnny D, Alarie, Laettner, Hill, JWill, Battier, up through 2010.

Not entire seasons but still entire games!
    Includes Duke playing MJ, Len Bias and lots of games.
    Free. Awesome!
    ~rthomas

Wow, that is really cool. There goes my afternoon. Thanks!

For those of you youngsters who never saw Johnny Dawkins or Len Bias, I suggest watching the March 11, 1984 game.

Maryland took on Duke in Mike Krzyzewski first ACC Championship game. Blue Devil, Johnny Dawkins, helped Duke sustain a lead for most of the game scoring 22 points. However, Tournament MVP, Len Bias, scores 26 points for the Terrapins as Maryland comes back from a first half deficit to win it's first ACC title 72-64.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    For those of you youngsters who never saw Johnny Dawkins or Len Bias, I suggest watching the March 11, 1984 game.

Maryland took on Duke in Mike Krzyzewski first ACC Championship game. Blue Devil, Johnny Dawkins, helped Duke sustain a lead for most of the game scoring 22 points. However, Tournament MVP, Len Bias, scores 26 points for the Terrapins as Maryland comes back from a first half deficit to win it's first ACC title 72-64.
    Looks like they forgot to paint the 3-point line.

You should mail accvault to tell them it's "its" in that case.

It's important to note that it's the ACC Network vault, and not just the ACC vault. Just in case anyone was wondering, this is why there are only Raycom games and such classics as the Miracle Minute are missing. Someone need to go hack into ESPN and steal some game tapes for them to add.

Still a tremendous site even without them.

Rewatching the 1992 ACC championship...

Oh no, not Rodl!
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Rewatching the 1992 ACC championship...
    I must be into self-torture because the first game I looked at was 1992 @ Wake, then 1992 @ unc to see when Hurley injured his knee foot.

Unfortunately there's nothing from the 1990 season. Would have liked to see both games against GIT and NCSU. Pretty sure they were all Raycom.

The 2001 @ Md game shows up often enough on Espn Classic.

Just watched the 2001 ACC Championship where Duke destroyed the Holes. I was at that game so have never seen it otherwise so that was cool to do. Always get to see different angles and things when watching on tv or Internet. And then the classless Brendan Haywood pulling a Lebron and not getting in line to shake hands at the end of the game instead walking straight to the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1206 View Post
    Just watched the 2001 ACC Championship where Duke destroyed the Holes. I was at that game so have never seen it otherwise so that was cool to do. Always get to see different angles and things when watching on tv or Internet. And then the classless Brendan Haywood pulling a Lebron and not getting in line to shake hands at the end of the game instead walking straight to the locker room.
    That was the first one I watched. I wish they had the UNC game from a few days before with Shane's chase down block on Forte.

When you are done with the Duke games, go to 1983 and watch Valvano's team with Lowe and Wittenburg beat Virginia and Sampson in the ACCT, a must win game for NC State to make it to the dance - which they ultimately won.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1206 View Post
    What a fun game that was. I had almost forgotten the magnitude of the beatdown that Duke laid on Carolina, most of it during one brilliant run in the first half.

With nine minutes left in the first half, Duke led by only three points, 23-20. At that moment, one of the commentators (Dan Bonner, I think) said he thought it was going to be a "marvelous game" and he didn't think either team would "run away and hide" from the other. Duke promptly hit back-to-back threes to push the lead to nine and Doherty called a timeout.

Coming out of the timeout, Jason Williams intercepted a pass and went in for an uncontested dunk, and I think that was when Carolina pretty much quit. Joe Forte began jacking up (and missing) shots right and left, and Duke just started running, running, running. By the time there was another break in the action at the 6:07 mark, Duke was up by 16, 37-21. It seemed like Duke could take the ball away from Carolina almost at will, and was getting fast break after fast break. By the 4:23 mark, Duke had doubled Carolina up at 42-21, and Doherty called another timeout. The halftime score was 50-30, and the second half was just a formality.

(As the teams went to the locker rooms at the half, the play-by-play guy made an unintentionally funny comment: "Matt Doherty needs to make some adjustments." Gee, ya think?)

The first place I went was the 2004 ACC Tournament game against NC State. JJ scored 30. According to a buddy of mine, at halftime Sendek told his team something like "once JJ crosses the half-court line, he's open." There really hasn't been a player like him since then.

The quality on this website is pretty atrocious, but I guess I can't complain since it's free. Any other favorites that people could recommend? What year was it when Randolf Childress abused UNC?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post

The quality on this website is pretty atrocious, but I guess I can't complain since it's free.
    If you are talking about the quality of the video, I was wondering about that too - is it pre HD or something?

One fun thing about these is to listen to some of my old favorite announcers. One guy I always liked years ago was Mullins.
    ~rthomas

Started with the '88 ACC title game first...just started it. It's amazing that by the time the player introductions have finished before the tip, it reminds me of so many reasons why I love our Devils and cannot abide the holes. Is it just me or do they have an inordinate amount of lost games for Duke on the site?

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    If you are talking about the quality of the video, I was wondering about that too - is it pre HD or something?
    Well HD technology didn't really come around until the early 2000's, and only in the last three or four years has live HD broadcast become commonplace. But I have no idea what kind of format Raycom stores their archives in. Before making them available online they have to compress the video, and since this is pretty bandwidth intensive they really clobber the image quality.

Also, I imagine they don't want to make really high resolution video available for free, since they need to protect their property rights. This vault website isn't really suitable for playing on a regular TV. It's more a way to get a quick fix while viewing on a PC.