Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Marion mainly plays the 4 for Phoenix.
    Phoenix plays small. With or without Marion, Grant was/is going to play a lot of 4 in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Phoenix plays small. With or without Marion, Grant was/is going to play a lot of 4 in their system.
    I find that surprising. Marion is a great interior defender for his size, but I've never really thought Grant capable of guarding the Tim Duncans etc. I know Phoenix plays small, but having him guard the big men seems like a big mistake in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    I find that surprising. Marion is a great interior defender for his size, but I've never really thought Grant capable of guarding the Tim Duncans etc. I know Phoenix plays small, but having him guard the big men seems like a big mistake in the west.
    He wouldn't have to guard Tim Duncan. Amare Stoudemire or Boris Diaw would. The number of teams with two bigs who are a) larger than Grant and b) capable of scoring on the low block isn't nearly as large as you'd think. Plus, in Phoenix's system, you'd just take advantage of the mis-match at the other end.

I'm also not talking about Grant playing 40 minutes at the 4. But he will play there at times, and he should be fine.

Even when Grant does spend some time at the 4, I expect him to jack up quite a few more 3pt attempts this season than he has any other season in his career. Will be interesting to see how that works out given that Grant has never been known as a perimeter shooter. Though could make it all the more advantageous for him to spend time at the 4.