Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Class of 2009 for UNC

Kong mentioned this in an earlier post; but I wanted to get feedback on this: Am I offbase in saying that I think Strickland's skills are terrible for a guy that was a highly rated recruit coming out of HS?

I have to admit that I'm personally biased against Strickland based off his negative comments about Duke and the supposed "lack" of freedom in Duke's system; but saying that, I look at Strickland and all I see is a guy that takes bad shots and needs to slow himself down a notch or two when he plays. And while I don't like Bullock that much either, I think he needs to start over Strickland. I'm wondering if Roy ia afraid of losing guys on the team like Drew Strickland and McDonald if he starts all 3 freshment on teh perimeter. As a poster noted earlier, I think that would give UNC the best chance for success.

I am wondering if Roy is trying to buy a bit of time for the freshmen to adjust to college ball and also give Drew and Strickland time to prove themselves. This is the only reason I can imagine that Roy isn't playing the freshmen more. Even if the freshmen create mistakes on defense, their ability to score should override that, or at least help overall. With no other scorers in our backcourt, it will always put tremendous pressure on HB to create his own shots. If Drew cannot distribute or create and Strickland can only score on the break, having playmakers willing and able to create for themselves and for others is vital. Maybe Roy is buying a little time before he hands over the keys to the freshmen. Too much pressure on these kids may lead to additional stagnant starts like it did for HB.

Boy, KI looked great last night. He puts pressure on defenses the way Lawson did his Junior year. Wish he was a Heel, but I will settle for him being a one-and-doner.

New slogan:

"UNC - The Freedom To Underachieve"

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    I am wondering if Roy is trying to buy a bit of time for the freshmen to adjust to college ball and also give Drew and Strickland time to prove themselves.
    I don't think it is a question of adjustment for the freshmen.

Barnes has been exposed as a total fraud in the basketball department.
    Kendall Marshall is way too slow to make a huge difference consistently unless you play Hofstra and UNCG every game.
    Reggie Bullock has a bum knee
    All freshmen need leadership at some level on the court. Who at UNC fills that role?exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    I don't think it is a question of adjustment for the freshmen.

Barnes has been exposed as a total fraud in the basketball department.
    Kendall Marshall is way too slow to make a huge difference consistently unless you play Hofstra and UNCG every game.
    Reggie Bullock has a bum knee
    All freshmen need leadership at some level on the court. Who at UNC fills that role?exactly.
    (1) a fraud? seriously? he has played 7 or 8 games. He may not be an all american, but I bet every single coach out there would take him in a heartbeat (except for K - you only get one bite at the Duke apple). thats no fraud.

(2) try telling that to Jon Scheyer.

I think the fact of the matter is they are freshmen and their supporting cast is just not very good. I hate UNC just as much as the next Duke fan, but to downplay the talent they have is silly. If their coach adjusted his style to his players they would be pretty darn good, I think.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    (1) a fraud? seriously? he has played 7 or 8 games. He may not be an all american, but I bet every single coach out there would take him in a heartbeat (except for K - you only get one bite at the Duke apple). thats no fraud.

(2) try telling that to Jon Scheyer.

I think the fact of the matter is they are freshmen and their supporting cast is just not very good. I hate UNC just as much as the next Duke fan, but to downplay the talent they have is silly. If their coach adjusted his style to his players they would be pretty darn good, I think.
    Thank you for saving me from having to reply to that absolutely absurb post.

I feel bad for HB. I think he came in with so much hype and such high expectations that it would be hard for anyone to live up to the advance press. Most freshman, whether in sports or academics, suffer when they move from being a big fish in a small pond to being a small fish in a big pond. It takes a while for them to find their legs. I suspect that HB will successfully make the adjustment - I hope, however, that he reverts to the current form anytime the tar heels play Duke.

I want Harrison to fail so badly that he has to transfer to Iowa State just due to the embarassment of his failure at UNC. I say this because he made his bed, and he needs to lie in it. He has hyped himself up to a ridiculous level, and he did it before he even played a game. He had a nickname for himself. He had the ridiculous decision. He had all of this ridiculous stuff, so honestly, I want him to fail. I don't wish as much towards any other player who chose UNC over us, so I don't think it is just due to the rivalry... he just annoys me. It makes it worse that despite him playing terribly, people are still kissing his butt. The denial of his ineptitude, and even overrated stature is getting me more against him. Vitale saying "he is still going to be such a special player" sickens me... Maybe it is just me, but I wouldn't mind him just completely failing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arv-P1UyCyQ

in this video, HWNSNBM actually comes across as a nice kid, but listen closely to his statements to kyrie about the UNC program "closing the gap" on K. He clearly regurgitates roy's spiel...

this whole thing seems so funny now...he may turn out to be a great player, but it better be soon...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Carolina discussion is now taking place here.
    Bob Green