View Poll Results: Who was MOTM in the win over Oregon?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Singler

158 98.14%
  • Kyrie Irving

1 0.62%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Ryan Kelly

0 0%
  • Miiles Plumlee

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

2 1.24%
  • Seth Curry

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM - Duke vs. Oregon (Nov. 27, 2010)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 98-71 win over Oregon?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Does one even have to think about it? Kyle Singler by a long ways.

Gave it to Kyle. I'm sure getting to play in front of his family and friends back home was one of the highlights of his career. I'm sure it was very meaningful to him that Coach K gave him the opportunity to be featured in this game. Congrats Kyle on a great game.

30 points ties his career high.

How long until it isn't unanimous? Kyle is The Man!

MOTM

Gotta be Kyle.

Kyle stepped up at his hometown game just like Jon did last year vs Iowa State in chi-town.

Hopefully, this will stay unanimous. You have to be pretty cold to not give it to Kyle for a career high in points in his homecoming game. Credit Mason for another nice game as well. 12 boards and 4 blocks while only picking up 2 fouls is pretty good. Now if he can just solve the foul line. He doesn't need to be good, just get it on top of the rim so the ball at least has a chance.

The Kyle Singler Show was quite entertaining, however suspense fans won't enjoy it very much as the outcome was quite predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    Hopefully, this will stay unanimous. You have to be pretty cold to not give it to Kyle for a career high in points in his homecoming game. Credit Mason for another nice game as well. 12 boards and 4 blocks while only picking up 2 fouls is pretty good. Now if he can just solve the foul line. He doesn't need to be good, just get it on top of the rim so the ball at least has a chance.
    I'm not sure there will ever be a unanimous vote on these things, as there have been even more clear-cut situations than today's game. Rotogod gets the contrarian award this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I'm not sure there will ever be a unanimous vote on these things, as there have been even more clear-cut situations than today's game. Rotogod gets the contrarian award this time.
    Start a poll, ask "Do you live on planet Earth?" and put it on the internet and you will probably only get about 95% yes.

Abstain

I didn't vote for anyone. Kyle had a great offensive game. But he and Nolan accounted for 1/2 the turnovers. The game was too sloppy for me to really vote for anyone.

Kyle Singler was awesome. He set the tone early and was consistent throughout the game until he departed with a little over five minutes left.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    I didn't vote for anyone. Kyle had a great offensive game. But he and Nolan accounted for 1/2 the turnovers. The game was too sloppy for me to really vote for anyone.
    Yeah, this was one of those 27 point wins that you just want to give back. How dare someone with 30%+ of Duke's points and 33% of Duke's steals commit ~25% of its turnovers in a team-high for minutes played. What nerve!

Voted Kyle of course! Homecoming for him in front of his whole family and the people there loved him and he put on a show! 2 votes for Andre? My second choice was Kyrie because he had some amazing moves/passes/scores.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I voted for Kyle. No brainer really. Went for 30 while raining 3's in his homecoming game.

Congrats to Kyle Singler, The Man Of The Match

Kyle... he looked like the game was "slow" for him... or that he appeared to be ahead of the game, especially getting free for the 3's.

Jeez, what does it take to get a unanimous vote? The guy was by far the best player on the floor. Dre was good, but not remotely close to Kyle. And Kyrie wasn't even third best today (not that he was bad).
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    not the only one, as it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    Jeez, what does it take to get a unanimous vote? The guy was by far the best player on the floor. Dre was good, but not remotely close to Kyle. And Kyrie wasn't even third best today (not that he was bad).

I would have to strongly disagree with that but its your opinion so hey why not. I would have said Kyrie was the best by far if Kyle would have had 20 or less. Kyrie was def. a strong 2nd today imo.