View Poll Results: Who was the Man-of-the-Match?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Singler

3 2.03%
  • Nolan Smith

12 8.11%
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Ryan Kelly

0 0%
  • Kyrie Irving

126 85.14%
  • Andre Dawkins

7 4.73%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%
  • Seth Curry

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Ty Thornton

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MOTM: Duke vs Kansas State (Nov. 23, 2010)

Who was the Man-of-the-Match against Kansas State?
    Bob Green

kyrie
    April 1

Kyrie, with props to Dawkins silky smooth jumper

Kyrie was super, scintillating, sensational!!!

Allot of players really played well tonight:

Mason looked solid again.

Andre has REALLY improved from last season. Kid would be starting for just about any team in the country right now.

But I voted for KI who just DOMINATED Pullen all game long.

Kyrie just shredded a preseason All-American in Pullen... again... and again. Most importantly, by dismissing him on the offensive front, he gutted any sense of energy that Pullen had on the floor. Pullen is a kid who lives off energy. He's vocal and streaky. Kyrie just mentally squashed him.

I don't think Pullen has had to ever guard the likes of a PG like Kyrie, and looking at what Pullen said in his pre-game comments, he was expecting to be guarded by Nolan. Surprise!

Kyrie was jaw dropping. Could you possibly imagine him with Austin Rivers next to him next season.

Sorry, I rather have Kyle and Nolan next to him. This season is going to be so much fun. Go Duke!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Andre has REALLY improved from last season. Kid would be starting for just about any team in the country right now.
    seth and andre would start on just about any other team in the country....except maybe UNC...i think roy likes what he has right now
    April 1

Nolan guarded Pullen almost the entire game. The only 3 Pullen hit was on a switch when Kyrie was late getting back to Pullen. Coach K even addressed the fact that Nolan checked Pullen in his post game interview with Vitale.

Most valuable

Kyrie wins tourney MVP. Amazing!

Kyrie!

My vote for best point guard in the country. They had no answer for KI. Imagine a day in March when more of those slashes to the basket find the bottom of the net. Awesome baby! The whole team made me proud tonight to be a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    Nolan guarded Pullen almost the entire game. The only 3 Pullen hit was on a switch when Kyrie was late getting back to Pullen. Coach K even addressed the fact that Nolan checked Pullen in his post game interview with Vitale.
    I think Coach K said that Nolan guarded Pullen when Kyrie was out. To me it looked like Nolan guarded him most of the first half and Kyrie guarded him most of the 2nd half. Both get praise for holding him to a very subpar game. Go Duke!

Nolan

It was a team effort, but Nolan set the tone of the defense on Pullen. I love this group!

Smile Where's Casey on the ballot?

I vote Kyrie, but how about some love for Casey Peters? Our winning percentage is off the chart whenever he's on the court...

Kyrie's penetration was huge tonight. He made some really tough shots at the rim and drew plenty of attention from the defense. What's scary is that he also made some freshman mistakes a long the way... so we can expect better games to come!

I could've sworn Pullen played for K-State. Oh well, big important win for The Great One - 800!!!

Great tweet from Dave Telep of ESPN:

"Watch college basketball closely this year. When you find a PG who is better finisher than Kyrie Irving (left or right) please report back"

http://twitter.com/#!/DaveTelep/status/7301711110602752

Kyrie Irving is Duke's best player and will be a serious NPOY candidate. I am not kidding.

What a pleasure to vote for Irving; his performance reflects a maturity and skill level that belies his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    What a pleasure to vote for Irving; his performance reflects a maturity and skill level that belies his experience.
    Coach K. Look at this fine team so early in the season! Gives me goosebumps!