Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Just announced -- Kevin Reddick will not face any additional penalties from the ACC.
    Unbelievable! He was obviously guilty of fighting. Lady Justice is not blind in the ACC.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Unbelievable! He was obviously guilty of fighting. Lady Justice is not blind in the ACC.
    No she's got on pale blue shades. The only Justice was Choo Choo.

Just announced -- Kevin Reddick will not face any additional penalties from the ACC.

For the second time this season, the ACC has refused to penalize a UNC player for throwing a punch (just check the video that starts this thread).

I guess the ACC has brought in the OJ jury to rule on UNC infractions.
    Truly unfathomable. I thought the "rule" was indiputable based on Henderson's punch, err, blocked shot several years ago. You throw a punch/engage in fighting and you have an automatic 1 game suspension not subject to appeal.(shakes head in utter disgust)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Truly unfathomable. I thought the "rule" was indiputable based on Henderson's punch, err, blocked shot several years ago. You throw a punch/engage in fighting and you have an automatic 1 game suspension not subject to appeal.(shakes head in utter disgust)
    They have different rules, don't they? (They = Carolina)

I'm glad Reddick is playing. One less thing for the Tar Whiners to complain about when they're sent packing sans bell Saturday.

Something else for the wall...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Something else for the wall...
    Send that to swofford and the acc office. I guess no suspension because he didn't bloody anyone's nose.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Rumor has it Carrie Underwood will be there performing her hit, "Before He Cheats" as the Smurfs leave Durham with their horns between their legs, leaving the Victory Bell behind, where it belongs.
    How awesome would it be if the band arranged that and played it, or if someone played it over the loudspeakers? Ah, a boy can dream...

This rivalry has really deteriorated lately, as there is very little respect left on both sides. For UNC, they've beaten us 19 out of 20 times. For Duke, UNC is certainly not a program that we want to model ourselves after, given their problems on (punches, etc) and off (NCAA investigation) the field.

UNC's offense is much improved, and I think they will put up points on us, especially in the second half, which means the pressure will be on the Duke offense to keep up. We will have to be aggressive on offense and execute in the red zone. The one thing I think that is in Duke's favor is that this game might mean a little bit more to Duke than UNC.

As for "Before He Cheats" etc, I dream of the day where we could have that kind of creativity and atmosphere in Wallace Wade. It certainly isn't going to happen with most of the students out of town for Thanksgiving.

So who's going to this game? I was originally 1 of 3, but with my dad and sister out I'm down to just myself, so if anyone is looking for tickets I've got 3 GA tickets (already had 1 extra) that I'm willing to give away for free to a Duke fan.

I just really hope we end the season on the right note, it has been far too long since we beat unc, and we absolutely need to have some positivity going into the offseason...if we lose I think TDD might implode

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    So who's going to this game? I was originally 1 of 3, but with my dad and sister out I'm down to just myself, so if anyone is looking for tickets I've got 3 GA tickets (already had 1 extra) that I'm willing to give away for free to a Duke fan.

I just really hope we end the season on the right note, it has been far too long since we beat unc, and we absolutely need to have some positivity going into the offseason...if we lose I think TDD might implode
    My dad and stepmom need 2 tix. Come join us on Devil's Alley for the last great tailgate of the season, gonna be an awesome menu. Steak (sliced for sandwiches), ribs, oysters, chili, chicken wings, tons of other stuff.
    So looking forward to this game. There is going to be an insane amount of baby blue there, once again thanks to the 'Bama fans. If you can, come out and show your true colors. GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Woooohoooo! Good news on the injury report!

Duke injury report vs UNC
    TE Brett Huffman (lower body) – PROBABLE
    OG Brandon Harper (lower body) – QUESTIONABLE
    TE Brandon King (hand) – QUESTIONABLE
    LB Kelby Brown (lower body) – OUT FOR SEASON (Surgery pending)
    S Quan Stevenson (lower body) – OUT FOR SEASON (Surgery)

To see Huffman as probable is really good news, especially since this is his last game in a Duke jersey. I would love to see Brandon King be able to be in the game as well. On the whole, that's a great looking report for the end of the year, even though Brown will be sorely missed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

It's getting closer! Just over 28 hours until our boys start to bring down the law on Butch and the Boys in Baby Blue! Holden Thorpe won't do it - he's a willing co-conspirator. John Swofford won't do it. The NCAA may do it...sometime next year. For now, it's up to Dave Cutcliffe and the might Blue Devils to follow State's example and lay some justice smackdown on those Dirty Holes.

Rob Daniels, over at the ACC Sports Journal, is predicting a 25-23 Duke victory:

http://www.accsports.com/articles/20...iew-nov-26.php
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    My dad and stepmom need 2 tix. Come join us on Devil's Alley for the last great tailgate of the season, gonna be an awesome menu. Steak (sliced for sandwiches), ribs, oysters, chili, chicken wings, tons of other stuff.
    So looking forward to this game. There is going to be an insane amount of baby blue there, once again thanks to the 'Bama fans. If you can, come out and show your true colors. GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!
    Sounds great, I'll be there (with the tickets)!

Woooohoooo! Good news on the injury report!

Duke injury report vs UNC
    TE Brett Huffman (lower body) – PROBABLE
    OG Brandon Harper (lower body) – QUESTIONABLE
    TE Brandon King (hand) – QUESTIONABLE
    LB Kelby Brown (lower body) – OUT FOR SEASON (Surgery pending)
    S Quan Stevenson (lower body) – OUT FOR SEASON (Surgery)

To see Huffman as probable is really good news, especially since this is his last game in a Duke jersey. I would love to see Brandon King be able to be in the game as well. On the whole, that's a great looking report for the end of the year, even though Brown will be sorely missed.
    Man I really hope Huffman and King can get in for some snaps...I've hated watching both guys have their seasons derailed by injuries, both were good players for us the past several years (although I do feel we really underutilized King as a lead blocker...a discussion for another time I suppose, and a moot point now).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Rob Daniels, over at the ACC Sports Journal, is predicting a 25-23 Duke victory:

http://www.accsports.com/articles/20...iew-nov-26.php
    What a crazy score...guess he's expecting some missed extra points, 2 point conversions, or safeties in this game. Of course, none of that would surprise me, so why not?

Here is Patrick Cacchio's Duke-Carolina game preview - http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/11/b...s-in-an-upset/

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

What a crazy score...guess he's expecting some missed extra points, 2 point conversions, or safeties in this game. Of course, none of that would surprise me, so why not?
    His scores for all acc games:
    30, 23, 18, 7, 17, 6, 27, 21, 31, 28, 22, 17, 13, 7, 24, 3.

7 of those scores seem unlikely without a weird mishmash of safeties and missed extra points.

milestones

A couple of Duke players are within reach of some significant milestones in the UNC game:

-- Perhaps the most significant is Connor Vernon's assault of Wes Chesson's 40-year-old record for total receptions in a single season. Wes had 74 catches in 1970 ... Connor has had 68 going into the UNC game. He needs seven catches to break the record (a total he's matched or bettered five times this season).

PS I realize that Chesson recorded his 74 catches in a 10-game season, while Connor has 12 games to beat him Still, the record is for total catches ...

-- Vernon also needs 82 receiving yards to reach 1,000 on the season (a total he's bettered six times this year). He would be the sixth receiver in Duke history to reach that milestone (Donovan Varner did it a year ago).

-- Vernon is also battling to be the ACC's leading receiver in both catches per game and receiving yards per game. He currently leads in receptions per game (his 6.18 per game is a full catch per game ahead of No. 2 Leonard Hankerson of Miami at 5.18). Connor's 83.5 yards per game is No. 2 in the ACC, behind Hankerson's 87.1 yards per game.

-- Sean Renfree needs 111 yards passing (a total he's topped in every game this year) to reach 3,000 for the season. He would be just the fourth QB in Duke history to reach that milestone (Bennett did it twice). With 197 yards (a total he's topped eight times this year) Renfree could finish with the third-best single season passing total in Duke history. He would need 442 yards to catch Thad Lewis for second place on the list.

-- Renfree, despite his interception problem at midseason, has now thrown 157 straight passes without an interception. That's the third-longest streak in Duke history. He needs 13 passes without an INT to pass Ben Bennett for second place ... Thad Lewis holds the record with 206 straight passes without an INT.

Just some interesting sidelights to match in addition to the outcome of the game.

A couple of Duke players are within reach of some significant milestones in the UNC game:

-- Perhaps the most significant is Connor Vernon's assault of Wes Chesson's 40-year-old record for total receptions in a single season. Wes had 74 catches in 1970 ... Connor has had 68 going into the UNC game. He needs seven catches to break the record (a total he's matched or bettered five times this season).

PS I realize that Chesson recorded his 74 catches in a 10-game season, while Connor has 12 games to beat him Still, the record is for total catches ...

-- Vernon also needs 82 receiving yards to reach 1,000 on the season (a total he's bettered six times this year). He would be the sixth receiver in Duke history to reach that milestone (Donovan Varner did it a year ago).

-- Vernon is also battling to be the ACC's leading receiver in both catches per game and receiving yards per game. He currently leads in receptions per game (his 6.18 per game is a full catch per game ahead of No. 2 Leonard Hankerson of Miami at 5.18). Connor's 83.5 yards per game is No. 2 in the ACC, behind Hankerson's 87.1 yards per game.

-- Sean Renfree needs 111 yards passing (a total he's topped in every game this year) to reach 3,000 for the season. He would be just the fourth QB in Duke history to reach that milestone (Bennett did it twice). With 197 yards (a total he's topped eight times this year) Renfree could finish with the third-best single season passing total in Duke history. He would need 442 yards to catch Thad Lewis for second place on the list.

-- Renfree, despite his interception problem at midseason, has now thrown 157 straight passes without an interception. That's the third-longest streak in Duke history. He needs 13 passes without an INT to pass Ben Bennett for second place ... Thad Lewis holds the record with 206 straight passes without an INT.

Just some interesting sidelights to match in addition to the outcome of the game.
    Great stuff, and exciting to think that we have two more seasons of Sean and Conner. The record I'm most looking forward to is seeing Coach Cutcliffe ring the Victory Bell for the 1st time!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Will see you guys tomorrow, and I found 2 tickets for you, but Acy came through first so you were double covered! Looking forward to it. Our guys just have to win this game. We are long overdue in handing the heels their due.

Let's go Duke!!