Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeballboy88 View Post
    I hear Roy told Julius Randle a while back that he was his main target and was going to go after him hard.
    Was this before or after Isiah Hicks' commitment?
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Britt to Announce 29th

Per Evan Daniels. Seems like we never got too involved with him - perhaps because we're liking what we have in Tyler and Quinn? Or perhaps we like Tyus Jones in 2014?

@EvanDanielscout
    Evan Daniels
    Nate Britt will announce his college decision on November 29th, per his father. Big news.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Per Evan Daniels. Seems like we never got too involved with him - perhaps because we're liking what we have in Tyler and Quinn? Or perhaps we like Tyus Jones in 2014?

@EvanDanielscout
    Evan Daniels
    Nate Britt will announce his college decision on November 29th, per his father. Big news.
    Here is a short article on Nate Britt's choice. The Maryland fans really, really want to believe they will get him, but a lot of folks seem to think he will go to UNC.

-Jason "Britt is a very steady PG, thought not the athletic burner that Carolina had in Felton or Lawson" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

If Britt picks UNC, what does that mean for their Class of 2012 point guard Marcus Paige? Over on Scout Paige is top 30 in 2012 and Britt is top 20 in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    If Britt picks UNC, what does that mean for their Class of 2012 point guard Marcus Paige? Over on Scout Paige is top 30 in 2012 and Britt is top 20 in 2013.
    One of them gets to be Quentin Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    One of them gets to be Quentin Thomas.
    That would seemingly scare Britt away since the two are not ranked all that far apart and Paige would have a year in the system. Perhaps his confidence in his abilities is his biggest strength.

With Matt Jones now on board with Duke for 2013 where does that put us with Julius Randle? Is it true that we have not given him a scholarship offer? According to Scout we have given one to Jabari Parker but not Randle. Why not?
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    With Matt Jones now on board with Duke for 2013 where does that put us with Julius Randle? Is it true that we have not given him a scholarship offer? According to Scout we have given one to Jabari Parker but not Randle. Why not?
    Randle is a high priority and he knows it. Having Jones on board can't hurt. But they are not a package deal.

Insiders say the two have talked and are excited to play together.
    If its not UNC, it will be a shock. All sources I've seen say UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Insiders say the two have talked and are excited to play together.
    If its not UNC, it will be a shock. All sources I've seen say UNC.
    Thanks Wheat. Got any insight into what the differences in their games and strengths are?

Thanks Wheat. Got any insight into what the differences in their games and strengths are?
    Sorry, I have no real insight, since I've never seen them play other than YouTube stuff. It's interesting that both are lefty's. a new RW trend, it seems. And it's interesting to me that both use a little hesitation move with the dribble a lot. I've always liked that with players, it creates space and shows a good "feel" for the game most of the time.

From what I gather on these internets, Paige seems to be the more true PG.

Britt looks to be the combo who wants to penetrate/score, and likes to shoot it.

Sorry, I have no real insight, since I've never seen them play other than YouTube stuff. It's interesting that both are lefty's. a new RW trend, it seems. And it's interesting to me that both use a little hesitation move with the dribble a lot. I've always liked that with players, it creates space and shows a good "feel" for the game most of the time.

Britt looks to be the combo who wants to penetrate/score, and likes to shoot it.

It's hard to speculate what rosters will look like more than a few years into the future. However, given that if both were to commit it is likely that Barnes will be gone to the NBA along with the graduating Strickland by the time they both could set foot on the court together. I could easily see a lineup that includes both point guards on the court along with Hairston or Bullock at the 3, at least for some stretches of the game. Also, remember Duhon committing right behind Jason Williams is precedent that not only can two top point guards commit in back to back years, but they can also thrive on the court together during the same season.

Roy can't win without a left-handed point guard.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

The Washington Post, citing multiple sources, is saying Britt will commit tonight to UNC over MD, Georgetown, and others.

Randle

Sounds good to me

"There is a high chance I go to Duke," Randle told Five Star. "But I'm looking everywhere, I'm wide open."

Link

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Sounds good to me

"There is a high chance I go to Duke," Randle told Five Star. "But I'm looking everywhere, I'm wide open."

Link
    Sounds like cognitive dissonance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Sounds like cognitive dissonance to me.
    Indeed - perhaps par for the course at his age and stage of prefrontal cortex development. That said, I feel like "I'm wide open" is an automatic add-on to any recruit's hint at preferences and, as we all know, often does not mean much. I do think his statement about Duke, particularly taking into consideration other clues like the commitment of Mr. Jones, etc., is interesting and may be more of a sincere sentiment rather than practiced strategic verbiage. Far too early to tell though probably.

Frankly, I miss the days of opening up the ACC Handbook to find out what recruits K had signed.

I bet the coaching staff misses those days, too.

I have a question. So, am I correct in thinking the 2013 class is the first graduating class which will be affected by the new 20 year-old NBA age limit? If we somehow get Jabari AND Julius Randle for 2 years . . . WOW. That would be something.

Julius Randle

I came across this article about Julius Randle. Apparently there is a quote from him which states:

"There is a high chance I go to Duke"

He also mentions that he is wide open right now, but I haven't heard this kind of quote from him before today so I wanted to get everyones thoughts...

http://fivestarbasketball.com/commit...for-the-future