Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jnastasi View Post
    Interesting read today on Jabari Parker.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story...hing-situation

I sure hope we can drag him away from the Big 10 or 12 or whatever that conference is called now
    Interesting story, not sure how much it means--seems like Parker's dad wanted to say something nice about Bruce Weber.

One thing I thought was interesting: according to the dad, Jabari has gotten a qualifying ACT score but is taking the test again because he wants a higher score. If true, that suggests he is interested in some schools that have higher than minimally qualifying admission standards. The most academically challenging schools on his current list of offers (according to his ESPN page) are Northwestern, Duke, and UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Interesting story, not sure how much it means--seems like Parker's dad wanted to say something nice about Bruce Weber.

One thing I thought was interesting: according to the dad, Jabari has gotten a qualifying ACT score but is taking the test again because he wants a higher score. If true, that suggests he is interested in some schools that have higher than minimally qualifying admission standards. The most academically challenging schools on his current list of offers (according to his ESPN page) are Northwestern, Duke, and UNC.
    I liked hearing that he's qualified but wants a higher score. Not every top HS player would be interested in sitting through a long test twice. It indicates he values academics (as does putting Northwestern on his list); that can only help Duke.

Remember Joel James, UNC's "project" 6'10" 280lbs post recruit?

He's been working hard and now he's down under 250lbs. He looks a little like Haywood to me. A true post player you guys are gonna love.

Here's a recent March video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hbDz1OfIpaI I ran accross of him.

No telling if Henson or MacAdoo leave, but If they do, UNC will have some options.

The Twins

Are we involved with the Harrison twins? I've seen very little connecting us with them, but I did see a tweet the other day from either Telep or Biancardi indicating we were in the picture. True or false?

How About 2013 Recruiting Duke and North Carolina

How about Duke's recruiting for next year?? Who are the major targets. And a scouting report for Matt Jones??

Quote Originally Posted by sterling View Post
    How about Duke's recruiting for next year?? Who are the major targets. And a scouting report for Matt Jones??
    See http://verbalcommits.com/schools/duke
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I know that but I think Duke should go after Austin Nichols and put the full court press on the young man and Barber. We have a good recruiting class coming in this next year if we can get a commitment from Barber.

Allerik Freeman is Interested

Freeman is a 6'3" 195 guard from North Carolina who now has as his five Villanova, Kansas, Duke, Ohio State, and UCLA. This article briefly describes Duke's picking up its interest in the young man and a very complimentary quote from him about the program and Coach K. Sounds like one to watch.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/18/a...st/#more-71730

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Freeman is a 6'3" 195 guard from North Carolina who now has as his five Villanova, Kansas, Duke, Ohio State, and UCLA. This article briefly describes Duke's picking up its interest in the young man and a very complimentary quote from him about the program and Coach K. Sounds like one to watch.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/18/a...st/#more-71730
    FYI...Freeman is rated #13 overall in 2013 by Scout.com and is #3 SG.

LINK:http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=4876062

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    FYI...Freeman is rated #13 overall in 2013 by Scout.com and is #3 SG.

LINK:http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=4876062
    How redundant would he be with Matt Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    The article did mention that Freeman could play some at the 1, not just 2, so he would provide versatility. It seems that with the interest in Ziegler, Hood, Amile, etc., that versatility is what the coaching staff is focusing on primarily.

Of course, this "casual" interest in Freeman by the Duke staff could be a way to "encourage" other, more highly recruited players, such as Barber, to commit sooner rather than later.

I'm intuiting from very limited info that Matt's the better shooter, but Allerik is multi-skilled, including speed, attack, passing, some PG skills, but also, per ESPN scouting report, "power wing" traits.

Beyond this, however, I'll repeat [some post, some thread] my impression - intuition, making it up?? - that 2011-'12 left an indelible mark on K, fueling a renewed determination to have several big guards and athletic wings at all times, if possible. Rasheed, Matt, Allerik, Rodney, Jabari, Alex, hell yes, killer combos, 3-peat, etc.

Maybe Calipari will leave, and Poythress will transfer to Duke... Yeah, we'll take him, too.

Sounds like he'd be more redundant with Rasheed Sulaimon. Jones appears to be more of a pure SG while Freeman appears to be more of a combo guard like Sulaimon.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I'm intuiting from very limited info that Matt's the better shooter, but Allerik is multi-skilled, including speed, attack, passing, some PG skills, but also, per ESPN scouting report, "power wing" traits.

Beyond this, however, I'll repeat [some post, some thread] my impression - intuition, making it up?? - that 2011-'12 left an indelible mark on K, fueling a renewed determination to have several big guards and athletic wings at all times, if possible. Rasheed, Matt, Allerik, Rodney, Jabari, Alex, hell yes, killer combos, 3-peat, etc.

Maybe Calipari will leave, and Poythress will transfer to Duke... Yeah, we'll take him, too.
    I believe you are correct on all counts here. I think Coach K no longer wants to be small and slowish on the perimeter. He appears to be changing the focus to identify taller, more athletic guards and wings.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I believe you are correct on all counts here. I think Coach K no longer wants to be small and slowish on the perimeter. He appears to be changing the focus to identify taller, more athletic guards and wings.
    Agree. Both you and gumbomoop make the point.

Looking back at the season, the Temple game was an indicator of our vulnerability to bigger, more athletic perimeter and wing players.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I agree with you. Seth, Tyler, and Dre are all good players and can fill needed roles, but to be caught with them as three of your primary back-court players in the same year is a defensive match-up nightmare. Definitely something K wants to avoid in the future.

I know we have a commitment from Matt Jones (SG) and we are heavily recruiting Jabari Parker (SF) and Julius Randle (PF), but does anyone have a somewhat cumulative list of our 2013 targets?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    I know we have a commitment from Matt Jones (SG) and we are heavily recruiting Jabari Parker (SF) and Julius Randle (PF), but does anyone have a somewhat cumulative list of our 2013 targets?
    Anthony Barber, Austin Nichols, Allerik Freeman, Tyrone Outlaw. I've seen in scattered placed some mention of the Harrison twins, but I'm not confident we're actually recruiting them. There may be others...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    Also, Andrew Slater from Watzone's team tweeted that K and Co are watching a few other guys. Not sure if we're actively recruiting them, but all (except Wiggins who is amazing and may actually reclassify from '14 to '13) are 2013 prospects (Beejay Anya (F/C), Tyler Ennis (PG), and Ish Wainright (PF)).

Andrew Slater ‏ @DreDre18 Close
    Coach K and Capel are watching Andrew Wiggins, Anya, Ennis & Wainwright #EYBL #BDN

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Also these guys per Wayne Gooch tweet
    Wayne Gooch ‏ @Bluedevilsreign
    Coach K, Coach Capel and Coach Wojo in Minneapolis watching the likes of Jabari Parker, jahlil Okafor,Tyus Jones and Wayne Selden.