Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
I read the article on the front page of DBR; and I wanted to get the opinions of those that may have seen more footage of Andrew Wiggins than myself in regards to what makes Wiggins really special. And with the real possiblility that Wiggins my reclassify to the 2013, who is the better player between Jabari and Wiggins and why? Would you rather have Wiggins over Parker for Duke's recruiting class of 2013 if Wiggins reclassified and you had to pick between the two? I like Jabari. I think he has a more versatile skillset and will project to be a better pro player; but I admit that I'm biased towards Jabari imo.
Well, you're talking about the #1 and #2 prospects in the country if Wiggins reclassifies. It's hard to describe what makes Wiggins special. He was easily the best player on the floor against the USA team despite being a year younger than anyone else on the floor (in some cases as much as 3 years younger). He's very explosive, very long, very good at every facet of the game. I haven't seen Parker at all, so I can't comment on how he compares to Wiggins. But I'll say that based on what Wiggins did against the US seniors, if Parker is better then Parker is the best prospect in a long time. My guess is that Wiggins becomes the #1 prospect in whatever class he chooses. And he'll likely be a #1 draft pick when he decides to turn pro.

Parker is a little bigger and from the scouting reports does a bit of everything. Wiggins is apparently much more explosive athletically. Both have plenty of size to play the SF in college, while Wiggins will likely move to SG in the NBA.

Side note: for anyone still debating the reclassification issue and whether Murphy should be considered a freshman next year, take a look at the ages of the US team. Murphy is two years younger than Mitch McGary, 4 months younger than Kaleb Tarczewski, and only 3 months older than Kyle Anderson and Tony Parker and 5 months older than Shabazz Muhammad. So he's very similar in age to those guys, but with a year's worth of collegiate experience under his belt.