Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Roy has offered #2 ranked 6'9" 270lbs center Kennedy Meeks.

He's supposedly been waiting for UNC to offer. We'll see...
    Wasn't the #2 ranked SF in 2013 supposed to have committed to UNC by now? Just curious. I remember reading it was down to KY and UNC and many believed he was a UNC lean.

Roy has offered #2 ranked 6'9" 270lbs center Kennedy Meeks.

He's supposedly been waiting for UNC to offer. We'll see...
    Well, that brings up a question for me. If he is the number 2 guy in his position and is wanting UNC to offer, why was there a wait in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Well, that brings up a question for me. If he is the number 2 guy in his position and is wanting UNC to offer, why was there a wait in the first place?
    He may be the top 2-3 guy in his position, but he's in the late 20s to early 30s in overall rankings, so he's a solid offer, but not a no-brainer. Plus, perhaps Roy was a little gun shy given that K hasn't offered Meeks yet. He ain't used to going out on his own like that.

Troy Williams is the 5 star SF that has said he is down to UNC/UK. Had scheduled an announcement this week, but has since backed off.

Meeks is said to be the #2 center prospect in the class...has had some issues staying in shape.

Meeks is said to be the #2 center prospect in the class...has had some issues staying in shape.
    Kennedy told me he wanted to play on the perimeter. That kid is a goofball though so I'm never sure when he's messing around. He had just hit a game-winning three pointer at Dave Telep's Challenge though so maybe he's a natural.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Hey all, have had a busy week, but will get the 2013 Table updated tomorrow night. With all the offers rolling out this week, keeping up has been a challenge!

K has tossed a very W I D E net out there!

Roy is having a hard time capturing all the names as well. I suspect our list is more complete than his at this point still...

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Needed to be sure there was interest from Coach K first.

Wanted to make sure UCLA would have a scholarship available when he decides to transfer from unc

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Wanted to make sure UCLA would have a scholarship available when he decides to transfer from unc
    Everyone is being very WEARy with this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Hypothetically, if Meeks withdrew from UNC's program mid-season, I'm sure UCLA would take him in a 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Funny stuff. I'm glad you II Drew the same conclusions.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Funny stuff. I'm glad you II Drew the same conclusions.
    There sure has been a boon(e) of these transfer jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Is it too early to talk 2013? A tweet from Reggie Rankin over at ESPN:

@ReggieRankin Just heard Duke is making a move on Jabari Parker. Remember Coach K is from Chicago. Stay Tuned for the latest developments

ESPN has him as the #2 small forward and 6th overall in the class of 2013.

Anybody know any more about Duke's potential interest?

Edit:I am keeping a spreadsheet of the 2013 and 2014 Duke targeted recruits, and per requests from members, I am creating a table in the first post of both threads and will update as things change.
    Duke 2013 Recruiting List As of 5/6/12 (Rankings are from Rivals. I will change to RSCI as soon as they come out with their 2013 Rankings in June)
    Code:
    Position   Name	                  Measurements	Stars	Ovrl Rk	Offer?	Comments
    PG	   Anthony (Cat) Barber	  6'2, 165lbs	5	13		
    PG	   Tyler Ennis	          6'2, 180	5	21		Great passer. Good shooter
    SG	   Matt Jones	          6'4 180lbs	4.3	28	Yes	Verbal Commit!
    SG	   Al Freeman	          6'3, 195lbs	5	25	Yes	13th overall in his class,  #3 SG
    SG	   Robert Hubbs III	  6'6, 180lbs	4	24	Yes	Freak Athlete, Pure Scorer- Per Airowe tweet
    SG	   Daxter Miles	          6'2, 165lbs	3	NR		Combo Guard
    SF	   James Young	          6'6, 200lbs	5	9	Yes	Flying up through the rankings
    SF	   Jabari Parker	  6'7 215lbs	5	1	Yes	#1 Player in his class
    SF	   Ishmail Wainright	  6'5 220lbs	4	32	Yes	Mack Truck
    SF	   Semi Ojeleye	          6'6, 220lbs	4	37		
    SF	   Tyrone Outlaw	  6'6, 190lbs	3	NR		Rising quickly through the ranks
    PF/C	   Austin Nichols	  6'8, 200lbs	4	40	Yes	Great hands, Great length, grew up a Duke fan
    PF/C	   Julius Randle	  6'9, 235lbs	5	3	Yes	Top Power Player in Class, AAU Teammate of Matt Jones
    PF/C	   Marcus Lee	          6'9, 220lbs	4	54	Yes	
    C	   Beejay Anya	          6'8, 255lbs	5	20	Yes	#1 Center in his class, 7'9 Wingspan!
    Ok, here is the latest! 10 Offers are out! Several others are in contact but no offers confirmed yet. A very wide net to say the least, or an all out assault by K and Staff. As always, any suggestions on tweaks to the table or the info is appreciated.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 05-06-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Ok, here is the latest! 10 Offers are out! Several others are in contact but no offers confirmed yet. A very wide net to say the least, or an all out assault by K and Staff. As always, any suggestions on tweaks to the table or the info is appreciated.
    Thanks again for doing this! Very helpful.

Not to question, I probably just missed it, but when did we officially offer James Young and Beejay? I'm really happy we did as either would be a fantastic get.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post

Not to question, I probably just missed it, but when did we officially offer James Young and Beejay? I'm really happy we did as either would be a fantastic get.
    Info per twitter from several of the Duke guru's, along with Rivals, and ESPN. I show offers for all 10 from those various sources. If any of the "Yes" or "NO" are incorrect, let me know and I will make the changes in the table.

Info per twitter from several of the Duke guru's, along with Rivals, and ESPN. I show offers for all 10 from those various sources. If any of the "Yes" or "NO" are incorrect, let me know and I will make the changes in the table.
    Great chart guys. Thx. I am loving this "wide net" theory this year. Any thoughts on how many we (a) WANT to get in the 2013 class, and (b) total we will ultimately get?

My suggestion is to add a column to at least show thewstate they are each from. Useful info.

Ish Wainright Blog

Here is a little blog by Ish. He gives a shout out to Duke. I didn't realize that he had been committed previously to Mizzou.

LINK

"I know everyone wants to know about my recruitment. I’m not saying names because I might leave somebody out and I don’t want to do that, but my recruitment has been great so far. I know I said that my parents want Duke at the top of my list, but it’s still early and I don’t have a top one or two or three or anything like that. I will say this about Duke, though, [head] coach [Mike] Krzyzewski is a livin’ legend! The program is great!! And I know my man [class of 2013 shooting guard] Matt [Jones] told [NRS founder] Josh [Paunil] that he’s been recruiting me and every time I see him he says something!! Lol, he keeps telling me, ‘Duke is where it’s at!’"

Still trying to figure out the Beejay Anya situation which I asked about in this or another thread; according to this April 29 quote from Anya at the Nike EYBL in Hampton, Duke has been in touch with Anya but hasn't offered: "On who has contacted him recently: “Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Kansas, Ohio State and Indiana. All of them have offered except for North Carolina and Duke.” " http://recruitingspotlight.wordpress...irst-two-days/

Can't help noticing the other team that has been in touch but hasn't offered; if the Duke offer is forthcoming we can expect the UNC offer to be right behind...

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post

Did a little research. Rivals shows Beejay as having a Duke offer. I could not find the source for James Young, but could have sworn that one came from twitter. Maybe Airowe can confirm either way. If we learn he does not have an offer yet, I will edit that out of the table. Thanks

Did a little research. Rivals shows Beejay as having a Duke offer. I could not find the source for James Young, but could have sworn that one came from twitter. Maybe Airowe can confirm either way. If we learn he does not have an offer yet, I will edit that out of the table. Thanks
    Thanks for following up!