This seems to be somewhat of a hot topic, so I did some basic math, using pfrduke's +/- calculations. Since the debate started as a discussion of Kyle's role on the team, I calculated our +/- in three groups -- two bigs plus Kyle; two bigs without Kyle; and one big plus Kyle. Here's what it looks like so far:

PRINCETON
-----------
2 bigs + Kyle: 10 minutes; +22 (2.2 plus differential per minute)
2 bigs, no Kyle: 14 minutes; +6 (0.429 pdpm)
1 big + Kyle: 16 minutes; +9 (0.563 pdpm)

MIAMI (OH)
-----------
2 bigs + Kyle: 16 minutes; +9 (0.563 plus differential per minute)
2 bigs, no Kyle: 11 minutes; -3 (-0.273 pdpm)
1 big + Kyle: 13 minutes; +28 (2.154 pdpm)

TOTAL (2 games)
----------------
2 bigs + Kyle: 26 minutes; +31 (1.192 plus differential per minute)
2 bigs, no Kyle: 25 minutes; +3 (0.120 pdpm)
1 big + Kyle: 29 minutes; +37 (1.276 pdpm)

So, after two games, all three configurations have been used for roughly the same amount of time. And the two configurations containing Kyle have had roughly the same aggregate success. It shouldn't be a surprise that our team isn't as good when Kyle isn't on the floor.

Of course, this doesn't take into account other factors. For example, Kyrie almost never played in a "2 bigs, no Kyle" configuration against Miami, which probably has something to do with the poor performance of that configuration, as does the fact that it was that configuration that played the last 6 minutes of the game while we appeared to be coasting. But it's a start. If people like this analysis, I can continue to update it after every game.