Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Kyrie Irving Just Returned Vigil

And now he integrates himself back into the team - just in time for some REAL fun. It's safe to say I'm pretty geeked.

Let's go Duke!!!

I guess it's time to predict what he'll do in his first game back! I say he'll play 16 minutes, score 11 points on 1) 3, 3) 2's and 2) free throws and have 4 assists. He may even get a rebound or two. And oh, yeah. He'll have the biggest smile in Charlotte!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Kyrie's Back

Posted in this in the Kyrie Cleared to Practice Thread, but worth a re-posting:

Kyrie's Back.JPG
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I guess it's time to predict what he'll do in his first game back! I say he'll play 16 minutes, score 11 points on 1) 3, 3) 2's and 2) free throws and have 4 assists. He may even get a rebound or two. And oh, yeah. He'll have the biggest smile in Charlotte!
    I'll say 13 minutes, 7 pts, 6 assists, 0 rebounds, 2 steals

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Dukestheheat sent me a nice PM about my painting of Kyrie, which I have hanging on the wall next to me. (Well, it's taped to the wall anyways.) Like dth was reminiscing on in his message, I'm so looking forward to seeing that burst of speed again. Hopefully he has it.
    Charlotte is going to blow up when he takes the court. I will be at work, hopefully on my computer so I can see it, but if not, I'm sure it's scene that will be replayed constantly tomorrow evening.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 03-17-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Looking forward to seeing #1 again!

Numbers 1 and 2 together again.

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Dukestheheat sent me a nice PM about my painting of Kyrie, which I have hanging on the wall next to me. (Well, it's taped to the wall anyways.) Like dth was reminiscing on in his message, I'm so looking forward to seeing that burst of speed again. Hopefully he has it.
    Charlotte is going to blow up when he takes the court. I will be at work, hopefully on my computer so I can see it, but if not, I'm sure it's scene that will be replayed constantly tomorrow evening.
    That is a great painting Chris. Good to see it again!

I am stoked about seeing Kyrie again. Not expecting miracles, just glad he made it back and will have a chance to contribute on the floor. You could not have asked for him to be any better on the sidelines all year long while on the mend. It has all been mentioned ad naseum, but I am not sure we can over state both how he carried himself, and the value he likely added to the guys who were playing.

Just a special kid. Too bad we live in an age where we will not have him for 3 or 4 years. No doubt his Jersey would hang in the rafters with the other legends.

Tomorrow at 3 cannot get here soon enough!

The rest of the field just felt something warm trickling down their legs. WELCOME BACK KYRIE!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by papa whiskey View Post
    The rest of the field just felt something warm trickling down their legs. WELCOME BACK KYRIE!!!!!!!!
    After a thread about who was the second best team in the conference (it was us in the regular season) and how we were going to go undefeated (we didn't), maybe we should cool the triumphalist threads and just enjoy the tournament. With luck and health, we will do very well.

Kyrie comes in, plays the greatest 14 minutes in the history of basketball, scores 42 points and calls out the Fab 5 for a 1 on 5 pick up game before the evening session but Jalen declines because Kyrie speaks too fluently...

Actually I would expect 10-12 minutes, a few turnovers, a couple layups and a jumper

Kyrie

It's just like Wojo said a team with Kyrie is better than a team without Kyrie. He will be huge Sunday through the rest of the tournament. We can't expect too muhc or too little. Kyrie is a elite athlete and he will dominate tomorrow, which is good to get his confidence up. Hampton won't know what hit them.

Fear and loathing on the IC board

Quote Originally Posted by papa whiskey View Post
    While I usually resist a visit to the dark underbelly of the universe, the stuff on the IC board is absolutely hilarious. The usual conspiracy theories coupled with a genuine fear of Duke success make for interesting reading.

I am very enthused about Kyrie's return.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    While I usually resist a visit to the dark underbelly of the universe, the stuff on the IC board is absolutely hilarious. The usual conspiracy theories coupled with a genuine fear of Duke success make for interesting reading.

I am very enthused about Kyrie's return.
    I bet I can guess without even looking:

Coach K convinced Kyrie to come back, and in doing so is risking KI's future for the betterment of his own legacy, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada.

The same argument they've made in every Duke-related topic since the turn of the century. They are more focused on Duke then their own damn team, which has always struck me as kind of flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    I bet I can guess without even looking:

Coach K convinced Kyrie to come back, and in doing so is risking KI's future for the betterment of his own legacy, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada.

The same argument they've made in every Duke-related topic since the turn of the century. They are more focused on Duke then their own damn team, which has always struck me as kind of flattering.
    Which is odd, considering that K cannot develop talent to make it in the NBA.

Don't start me on the fact that we cannot develop big men because we have a former point guard teaching them . . . .

It would be funny if it were not so predicable.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Which is odd, considering that K cannot develop talent to make it in the NBA.

Don't start me on the fact that we cannot develop big men because we have a former point guard teaching them . . . .

It would be funny if it were not so predicable.
    I agree OPK. Not speaking of the UNC fan base as whole (or better yet, hole), but man, some of them just live in their own distorted reality. It is like the entire board thinks they are psychologists, and everything K says or does has some kind of deeper evil at its core. I used to head over there from time to time to get a laugh, but it just go so redundant I had to quit altogether. I've been IC sober for a few months now, and I don't plan on going back.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'll let you know what it's like in person..

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    After a thread about who was the second best team in the conference (it was us in the regular season) and how we were going to go undefeated (we didn't), maybe we should cool the triumphalist threads and just enjoy the tournament. With luck and health, we will do very well.
    Those were all said before the injury though so they became irelevant afterwards. I still think if we would have had Kyrie all year we would be undefeated right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke: A Dynasty View Post
    Those were all said before the injury though so they became irelevant afterwards. I still think if we would have had Kyrie all year we would be undefeated right now.
    Well thank God we lost him, then.

Duke would be in a whole heap of trouble if we were undefeated at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ping Lin View Post
    Well thank God we lost him, then.

Duke would be in a whole heap of trouble if we were undefeated at this point.
    how so?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

With apologies to the Angels (circa 1963)...

My point guard's back, and he’s gonna cause you trouble!
    (Hey-la-day-la, my point guard's back)
    We’re op-toe-mistic: look for Mason’s points to double.

You been spreading lies, said our season was all through.
    So look out now, cause he's comin' after you
    (Hey, he knows that you been tryin')
    (And he knows that you been lyin')

He's been gone for such a long time,
    Now he's back and things'll be fine

You're been touting j’hawks and buckeyes,
    Now it’s tourney time, watch us cut them down to size!
    (Hey-la-day-la my point guard's back)

My point guard's back to enhance our reputation.
    If I were UNC I'd take a permanent vacation.
    (Hey-la, hey-la, my point guard's back)

Yeah, my point guard's back
    (La-day-la, my point guard's back)
    Look out now, yeah, my point guard's back
    (La-day-la, my point guard's back)