Thread: Goon Squad

Goon Squad

The Crazies continued to be fantastic last night. Now we have the toothpaste school coming in on Friday night. If any of the members of the Goon Squad read this board, I would love to read post game thoughts on your cheers and the reactions of the other teams. Keep it up Crazies and us Uper Crusties will give you support!

It was rowdy in there last night (and I was watching on tv.) It almost sounded like a late season ACC contest.

The Goonies are bringing the Crazies to a whole new level. Keep bringing it.

Maybe I've missed something, but who are the goonies in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Maybe I've missed something, but who are the goonies in this case?
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by cascadedevil
    The entire student body was great, but especially the group of students sitting directly across from the Duke bench and into that corner. I could not make out all of the taunts and cheers, but several that I did understand made me smile and cheer all that much lounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozyb View Post
    This particular group of students is a new group that calls themselves "the Goon Squad." They are made up of 9 fraternities on campus that organized together to take advantage of the Line Monitors big group rules. They'll be organizing for 7-8 games this year with the next one being Friday. They should be larger next time since Sunday was the first time.
    I think this is a good move on the Line Monitors' part to encourage large groups. Particularly since the Cameron Crazies, fairly or not, were being seen as "nerdy" by some segments of the student population in recent years. And it was seen as "uncool" to be a part of it (again, only by a certain contingent), so I think that perception is universally changing...

Hmmm

Nerds are uncool, Frats are cool? I think I've seen that movie somewhere, although I'm fuzzy on the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    Nerds are uncool, Frats are cool? I think I've seen that movie somewhere, although I'm fuzzy on the ending.

<

Oh, I thought you said the Goonies...
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Cool" kids definitely help. For the last few years we heard it was not "cool" to be in the Crazie croud and their lack of enthusiasm and creativity helped support this perception. Roughly 10% of our student body play a sport and many of those students are the frat students this thread is talking about. They're leaders on the fields and courts and they need to be the "face" of Duke, imho. This is a positive move and our atmosphere is getting back to where it was historically. Go Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    Don't worry there will be a sequel.