Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Kyrie Rookie of the Week

Congratulations to Kyrie for the co-rookie of the week award. He's off to a great start. Hopefully this is the first of many for the season.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Here's a link to the official press release: http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskb...111510aaa.html
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

We should keep a running tally of Barnes, Kyrie, and CJ Leslie wining this award as I bet they are going to dominate it.

Current results--

Kyrie Irving - 1
    CJ Leslie - 1
    Harrison Barnes - 0, zero, nil, nada, null set, nix, none, naught, zip, zilch, goose egg, naid (Irish), noll (Swedish), zeru (Sardinian and Corsican), cero (Spanish), meden (Greek), zro (Armenian), nulis (Lithuanian), nulle (Latvian), nula (Czech), sunya (Sanscrit), ling (Cantonese), sefr (Persian), sifuri (Swahili), iqanda (Zulu)

---Jason "didn't you always want to know how to call someone a zero in Zulu?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    We should keep a running tally of Barnes, Kyrie, and CJ Leslie wining this award as I bet they are going to dominate it.

Current results--

Kyrie Irving - 1
    CJ Leslie - 1
    Harrison Barnes - 0, zero, nil, nada, null set, nix, none, naught, zip, zilch, goose egg, naid (Irish), noll (Swedish), zeru (Sardinian and Corsican), cero (Spanish), meden (Greek), zro (Armenian), nulis (Lithuanian), nulle (Latvian), nula (Czech), sunya (Sanscrit), ling (Cantonese), sefr (Persian), sifuri (Swahili), iqanda (Zulu)

---Jason "didn't you always want to know how to call someone a zero in Zulu?" Evans
    Harrison Barnes - efes (Hebrew)

HB- "erozay" - Pig Latin

I thought we were never allowed to mention Barnes by name on here

Congrats Kyrie!

Harrison Barnes - Rei (Japanese).
    Bob Green

You guys will like this.

This morning, I emailed a buddy of mine who happens to be a big Carolina fan who laid it on me when cough cough Barnes decided to go to Carolina. So this morning I sent him an email with the Irving linked. Address in the message title was Irving 1 Barnes 0.

Quote Originally Posted by cbnaylor View Post
    You guys will like this.

This morning, I emailed a buddy of mine who happens to be a big Carolina fan who laid it on me when cough cough Barnes decided to go to Carolina. So this morning I sent him an email with the Irving linked. Address in the message title was Irving 1 Barnes 0.
    I like that, but the elephant in the room is what did his reply say?

That CJ Leslie kid did pretty well too:

17 points in the exhibition game (although likely not considered), and then 21 points, 6 boards, 6 assists and 7-10 from the floor in the opener.

Current results--

Kyrie Irving - 1
    CJ Leslie - 1

A very elegant proof that Jason Evans knows nothing

Yes, but..

Current results--

Kyrie Irving - 1
    CJ Leslie - 1

Could you provide a pronunciation guide?

I didn't get to see the game vs Colgate, however, I did see the Miami(Ohio) game this week. Versus Miami O, Kyrie had a sub par game in terms of minutes, but was very effective while in the game. How was his stat line vs Colgate? What are his chances for back to back Rookie of the week honors?

Were there any other freshman this week who are more deserving? I know that HB shouldn't get the nod over Kyrie after Friday's performance.

Unfair to Barnes . . .

Yes, I think we are being unfair to Barnes. Last night, for example, Barnes was zero for twelve (if I remember correctly) in UNC's loss to Minnesota; would't that clearly make him the biggest Rookie DISAPPOINTMENT of the Week?

Quote Originally Posted by hedevil View Post
    I didn't get to see the game vs Colgate, however, I did see the Miami(Ohio) game this week. Versus Miami O, Kyrie had a sub par game in terms of minutes, but was very effective while in the game. How was his stat line vs Colgate? What are his chances for back to back Rookie of the week honors?

Were there any other freshman this week who are more deserving? I know that HB shouldn't get the nod over Kyrie after Friday's performance.
    Let's see how the State kids do against Georgetown without Tracy Smith. One of them could earn a nod this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    Yes, I think we are being unfair to Barnes. Last night, for example, Barnes was zero for twelve (if I remember correctly) in UNC's loss to Minnesota; would't that clearly make him the biggest Rookie DISAPPOINTMENT of the Week?
    Absolutely correct.

Back to our sensational Fr., Kyrie ought to be winning the (at least) co-Rookie of the Week this week, too. 13ppg, 5.5apg, 4rpg etc., but his play has been so electrfying AND consistent that they don't completely convey how huge his effect is on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Let's see how the State kids do against Georgetown without Tracy Smith. One of them could earn a nod this weekend.
    So much for that. Not an impressive outing for the Pack. I like Kyrie's odds of at least sharing it.

Unhappy McKie gets rookie of the week

I agree with those who thought Kyrie had a good shot, but Travis McKie of Wake got the rookie of the week award. Here's the link.

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskb...112210aaa.html
    Last edited by Kathy S; 11-22-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Correct McKie's first name

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy S View Post
    I agree with those who thought Kyrie had a good shot, but Travis McKie of Wake got the rookie of the week award. Here's the link.

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskb...112210aaa.html
    It appears to be deserved, based on those numbers. Congrats to Travis (who has apparently been nicknamed "Tony" by the ACC).

Congratulations to Travis.

And a new week begins...