View Poll Results: Who was MOTM in the season-opening win over Princeton?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Singler

59 29.65%
  • Nolan Smith

74 37.19%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Kyrie Irving

63 31.66%
  • Seth Curry

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

3 1.51%
  • Ryan Kelly

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MOTM vs. Princeton (11/14/2010)

I'm on my Blackberry or I'd start it. A little rusty around here, no?

Kyle gets the nod over Nolan. The tiebreaker was the swan dive into the crowd. Ya gotta love it.

Kyrie. A freshman coming in w more hype than any freshman in 10 years and was one assist away from a double double. Gotta be Kyrie.

Yikes!

Jumbo has to work, and we fall apart I'll put it up.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Yikes!

Jumbo has to work, and we fall apart I'll put it up.
    Beat you to it.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

*laugh* I was in midpost Feel free to wipe mine out Check the format though, usually includes date of the game in the title.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    *laugh* I was in midpost Feel free to wipe mine out Check the format though, usually includes date of the game in the title.
    Yep, did that, too.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

*laugh* Excellent!

I went with Nolan.

Kyle was great, but did pick up some fouls and had to sit a bit. Plus, his assist and rebound numbers were not amazing.

Kyrie had an AMAZING statline, but did shoot under 50 percent for 2. He also had a foul. For shame!

Nolan had the most points, tied for most rebounds. Shot a solid 66%. The 4 TO was his only downer.

Hah. That is an awesome game, to have to compare a TOTALLY dominant Kyle Singler who was unstoppable, a freshman who in his first game had a 9:1 A to TO ratio and shot 50 percent from 3 and while also being tied for first in rebounds, and Nolan Smith's 66% shooting and 22 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 assists. And I didn't even consider Seth Curry who had 14 points and 3 rebounds while shooting 60% from three.

I voted for Kyrie Irving because of his nine assists and only one turnover performance. Singler and Smith are going to be the heart and soul of this year's team, and they will earn my MOTM vote many times, but Coach Krzyzewski changed the way we play because of the skills Irving displayed today so my initial 2010-11 MOTM goes to Irving.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Kyle gets the nod over Nolan. The tiebreaker was the swan dive into the crowd. Ya gotta love it.
    The swandive into me (pretty much - I was the band member right at the end) was a bit terrifying. Looked worse on TV, for sure. Definitely gets my vote.

Nolan led this team. He brought it up a fair bit even when Kyrie was in; ran the team when Kyle was out; and had the best drive of the night.

The kid's a winner, and a great example. As Len Elmore noted, he is there for Kyrie and will be a steady force to help shape and guide him. Great game.

I voted for Kyle. Nolan and Kyrie were of course great but Kyle looked like the best player on the floor and had two terrific plays on the defensive end where he batted the ball away on back cuts. Those were senior star type plays and were made before Duke finally pulled away.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

A/T ratio of 9 plus a FTA/FGA of .6 nets Irving my vote

After 1 game as a Blue Devil, Kyrie as a 9 to 1 assist to turnover ratio. I'm just sayin'...

kyle

Lots of good choices in this game.

I go with Kyle. He hit some big shots in the first half when the rest of the team was strung to tight. His on the court leadership allowed the team time to find their stroke.

Kyrie gets my vote - not only the 9:1 A:TO ratio, but shooting well...in his first game. The steal/breakaway with the layup against two defenders was solid. Normally I would want him to pass in that situation, but I think he actually made a really intelligent move by going straight to the hoop without getting touched.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    i've had the honor of catching both scheyer and kyle in games now!
    April 1

I think we have a "new" big three. Gave nolan the nod just barely over Kyrie...kyle was of course great as always.

Nolan Smith. He looked unstoppable out there.

Kyrie was outstanding, Nolan was great, but Kyle was completely locked in, minus the fouls. For a stretch, he WAS our halfcourt offense. If Kyle is able to knock down looks like he did tonight, we're going to score a lot of points.