Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reilly-Feinstein thread on the front page

Seriously, I have to say, this just adds fuel to the fire I have against the Duke-hating Feinstein. Has there every been a more bitter, miserable human being in the world of sports? We trash on guys like Calhoun, Calimari, etc, but as much as I dislike both of them, I'm sure they have redeeming qualities.

Feinstein, on the other hand... I can't wait until the Post finally gets rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    Seriously, I have to say, this just adds fuel to the fire I have against the Duke-hating Feinstein. Has there every been a more bitter, miserable human being in the world of sports? We trash on guys like Calhoun, Calimari, etc, but as much as I dislike both of them, I'm sure they have redeeming qualities.

Feinstein, on the other hand... I can't wait until the Post finally gets rid of him.
    That is a great article! Hits the nail on the head with regards to seeing everything as a black/white (i.e., race) issue.

Feinstein is a very unhappy, bitter man and it is a shame because he has talent, but I will not read his work anymore just because of things like this blog...

Oh and to answer your question... yes his name is Billy Packer.

De-lightful article. One blowhard calling out another. Feiny fancies himself quite the provocateur, usually sneering at the rest of us, the "little people."
    Hardy har har.

Can we take up a collection to send Feinstein to unc's school of journalism, then we could call him a tar heel and not have him associated with Duke.

Calling Shanahan a racist is foolish, embarrassing, and just sloppy, inept journalism.

Feinstein is to journalism what Nifong was to the legal profession.

Has it been an underlying trend that Feinstein wants to jump on the race bandwagon? First there was the lacrosse case where he quickly drew his false assumptions and now there is something like this. Has something changed with John over the past decade? I don't remember him coming across this bitter in the past and always on the attack. Is he now the white Jason Whitlock?

I must say, it is always entertaining to see a columnist go after another columnist. It's a refreshing change.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Has it been an underlying trend that Feinstein wants to jump on the race bandwagon? ... Is he now the white Jason Whitlock? ...
    You owe Jason an apology

Feinstein is officially irrelevant after the Shanahan accusation. Remember how he said Coach K was done and wasn't what he used to be? Feinstein is a fat, bitter stain for Duke University. I can't believe he got into Duke.

I have mixed feelings about this. I agree with much of it, but Reilly's shtick (even in this article) is so galling that I hate agreeing with him.

This is like watching UNC play UK. Yeah, it's nice that one will lose, but it's a bummer that one will win.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Has it been an underlying trend that Feinstein wants to jump on the race bandwagon? First there was the lacrosse case where he quickly drew his false assumptions and now there is something like this.
    Two is a trend?

I really can't fault Feinstein for not taking at face value any explanation that involves Rex Grossman understanding something.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Feinstein is to journalism what Nifong was to the legal profession.
    Cogent observation - humorous, but perceptive - nicely done.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    They talked about his comments on Monday Night Football, I enjoyed watching Deion Sanders basically say that Feinstein has no idea what he's talking about.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Talking This Situation Required the 'Old Ball Coach'

Shanahan is way too uptight to handle the explanation of benching a star quarterback for the two-minute drill at the end of the game.

Now lets find an expert at this -- say Steve Spurrier -- and let me channel the 'Old Ball Coach:'

"Well, we weren't doing so well, and Rex has had some good practices and knows Kyle's system, so I thought we'd try him for a few plays. Well, it wasn't such a good idea. I guess we all learned something."

Translation: "We were screwing up; I tried something different; it was even worse; next play; end of story."

More to the point, Spurrier always played multiple QBs, even with the Redskins ("Come here Rex, I think RB-34X wide will work. You think you can make that throw? Good. Lets try it after the next first down.") So he never would have had to deal with a situation that made a simple player substitution into a presidential impeachment.

sagegrouse
    'BTW, everyone notice that the Old Ball Coach whipped Florida last night, 36-14, in Gainesville. He is headed for the SEC Championship game'

In Mr. Feinstein's defense, it's not been about the truth for a long time. Just 'cause... Just cause.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Shanahan is way too uptight to handle the explanation of benching a star quarterback for the two-minute drill at the end of the game.

Now lets find an expert at this -- say Steve Spurrier -- and let me channel the 'Old Ball Coach:'

"Well, we weren't doing so well, and Rex has had some good practices and knows Kyle's system, so I thought we'd try him for a few plays. Well, it wasn't such a good idea. I guess we all learned something."

Translation: "We were screwing up; I tried something different; it was even worse; next play; end of story."

More to the point, Spurrier always played multiple QBs, even with the Redskins ("Come here Rex, I think RB-34X wide will work. You think you can make that throw? Good. Lets try it after the next first down.") So he never would have had to deal with a situation that made a simple player substitution into a presidential impeachment.

sagegrouse
    'BTW, everyone notice that the Old Ball Coach whipped Florida last night, 36-14, in Gainesville. He is headed for the SEC Championship game'
    I am sure, to the great sadness of Stray Gator.

Peter King calls out Feinstein in today's MMQB. What a fool (Feinstein, not King).

Breaking news . . .

I do not have the details, but DC's all news radio station (WTOP) just announced that the Redskins and McNabb have reached a multi-year, multimillion dollar contract extension. That surely sounds like Shanahan is racially biased against McNabb. More Feinstein garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    I do not have the details, but DC's all news radio station (WTOP) just announced that the Redskins and McNabb have reached a multi-year, multimillion dollar contract extension. That surely sounds like Shanahan is racially biased against McNabb. More Feinstein garbage.
    FIVE YEARS $78 million dollar contract......I guess Shannahan is really a racist.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    FIVE YEARS $78 million dollar contract......I guess Shannahan is really a racist.
    Fienstein will say this is a coverup move to hide the racism.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    There will always be a unique subset of people who are more enamored with being spectacularly bad at what they do, rather than dignified and good. Think Lenny Wirtz, Dale Brown or Dee Snider.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    I am sure Dan Snyder would be willing to pay almost $100M to cover-up Shanahan racism. Get real.