Duke's 21st Century Charge - Brodhead interviews Battier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PTA...ature=youtu.be

~30 min

Shane talks about why he chose Duke, the only time he was yelled at while at Duke, what it means to be the "no-stats all-star," his political aspirations, his image presence in China, his life after Duke, and his charity. What a great representative of our university.

http://takechargefoundation.com/

Vote Battier in 2020!

This is an awesome video and reminds me why Battier is my favorite Duke player ever.

This thread surprises me. It surprises me in that it has received so little attention from the fans around here. What's worse is that the DBR staff has not linked this video, as far as I can tell. Well, to the top of the board for another try.

Is it true that Battier's Take Charge Foundation was nearly named "Flop in the Lane and Hope You Get the Call Foundation"?

Just kidding; what an impressive guy. His popularity and influence in China is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    This thread surprises me. It surprises me in that it has received so little attention from the fans around here. What's worse is that the DBR staff has not linked this video, as far as I can tell. Well, to the top of the board for another try.
    Agreed. Same thing happened after I began a thread with a link to the 100 years of Duke documentary to watch for free online. Maybe 2-3 replies total.

Some things that you think would stick on DBR don't.

Thanks for the bump... and with that, another bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    I thought it was well worth my time. Thanks Devilhorns for the post.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    Agreed. Same thing happened after I began a thread with a link to the 100 years of Duke documentary to watch for free online. Maybe 2-3 replies total.

Some things that you think would stick on DBR don't.

Thanks for the bump... and with that, another bump!
    I wouldn't give up on it too quickly... it is a long piece, and I know I personally have not had the time during the work week to give it the time it needs, especially considering I can't watch it sitting on the couch