Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

UNC/Barton exhibition

Well, it is 57 to 35 UNC at the half.

So far, Zeller is leading the Heels in pt's. Both Dexter and McDonald are playing well and surprisingly, Justin Watts is playing very well.

Drew had three fouls early and sat out quite a bit. Barnes and Bullock looked out of sorts. Barnes has 6 pt's and Bullock had at least 2 pt's on a dunk. He looked slow on defense and made a really bad pass over the head of McDonald which went out of bounds. Justin Knox is playing well, but hasn't had a chance to do his thing yet. UNC is much bigger and more talented than Barton. Barton has made a few 3's with hands in the faces to keep the score where it is. I think the Heels have 11 TO's.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    Well, it is 57 to 35 UNC at the half.

So far, Zeller is leading the Heels in pt's. Both Dexter and McDonald are playing well and surprisingly, Justin Watts is playing very well.

Drew had three fouls early and sat out quite a bit. Barnes and Bullock looked out of sorts. Barnes has 6 pt's and Bullock had at least 2 pt's on a dunk. He looked slow on defense and made a really bad pass over the head of McDonald which went out of bounds. Justin Knox is playing well, but hasn't had a chance to do his thing yet. UNC is much bigger and more talented than Barton. Barton has made a few 3's with hands in the faces to keep the score where it is. I think the Heels have 11 TO's.
    Thanks for the report, Kong. I think TO's will be key for the Heels this year -- absolutely killed them last year.

My guess is that Carolina will be good but somewhat inconsistent to start, and then health and ability to withstand the wear and tear of the grind will determine how they finish.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanks for the report, Kong. I think TO's will be key for the Heels this year -- absolutely killed them last year.

My guess is that Carolina will be good but somewhat inconsistent to start, and then health and ability to withstand the wear and tear of the grind will determine how they finish.
    Zeller is playing like a man. Very aggressive, unlike last year. I know this is a smaller team, but this is a great sign.

Dexter is looking GREAT.

HB looks horrible. 5 TO's and only 6 points, he is very frustrated.

68-39 with 16 minutes left.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Is the game online or what? Interested to know how you are following the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Is the game online or what? Interested to know how you are following the action.
    watching online

HB isn't playing well and just went back towards the locker room....

update= just a cut

78 to 40

Bullock scores on a 2 on 1 and then hits an open 3 next time down the floor.

Thanks for the updates Kong. I'm actually glad to hear Zeller is playing well, his injuries were unfortunate and I hope the kid stays healthy (though, as a Duke fan who has questions about our interior defense, I'm maybe a little less glad than I would be otherwise ). I have to say I am surprised about HB, have you seen anything specific that you can point to as a reason for his poor play?
    Last edited by IrishDevil; 11-05-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: saw the update about his cut after posting

Is it too early to proclaim Harrison Barnes the biggest bust in college basketball history? I say no.

Zeller has over 20 pts and Kendall Marshall looks great. Incredible passer.

Barnes just turned it over again, he is beyond out of it

94 to 52 with just over 7 minutes left.

John Henson has 10 pts with 10 rebounds and about 6 blocks
    Zeller is getting close to 30
    and HB has 7 pts and 5 TO's.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Does Barton have any size in the frontcourt or is Zeller just dominating smaller players? Also, you have not mentioned Henson, so how is the thin man looking out there?

Interesting about Barnes. Would think he would be dominating in a game like this..

Stunned

thanks for the update, Kong.

Count me as one of the many who was drinking the koolaid about HB. He was supposed to be so good that he looked like a man playing amoung boys. Should I put down the sippy cup?

Kendall Marshall will challenge for the starting spot this year. He is a great floor general. He isn't blazing fast, but man does he make great decisions with the ball.

He threw a full-court pass to Zeller on the break, when they showed the replay from the end of the court, you can see that Zeller wasn't even looking or open when KM threw the pass. Zeller caught it in motion, dunked it, and was fouled. Great play!!

Henson looks a bit thicker, they say he weighs 20 more lbs than last year at this time

9 assists for Marshall

box score

is there a real-time box score for this game?

9 assists for Marshall
    How would you rate the tempo at which UNC is trying to play?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    thanks for the update, Kong.

Count me as one of the many who was drinking the koolaid about HB. He was supposed to be so good that he looked like a man playing amoung boys. Should I put down the sippy cup?
    uh, no. It's an exhibition, he's a freshman. There is still plenty of koolaid to drink.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

108 to 67

9 assists and 1 TO for Marshall, he only had 1 pt
    Zeller had 25pts
    Justin Knox had 13 pts
    Henson had 10pts 9 reb and 6 blocks
    HB had 7 pts, 3 reb, 4 fouls, 2-9 shooting and 6 TO's
    Strickland and McDonald had 12 pt's a piece
    Reggie Bullock had 10 pts
    Justin Watts had 14 pts
    Drew II had 11 pts.

bought all that I could remember

Barton scored a bunch at the end with the walk-on's in, so score is a little closer than it was. Worst bunch of walk-on's I have ever seen in a UNC uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    How would you rate the tempo at which UNC is trying to play?
    They looked really great in transition. Drew still slowly brings it up the court and you can see Roy waving him on to go faster.

One thing that is evident is that UNC looks for that outlet pass to get the ball up the court quickly. They scored a lot of pt's on that secondary break like they did a couple years ago.