Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Quinn was really broken up about the performance. Not indicative of the kind of talent, or potential, his work ethic has helped him achieve.
    I can only imagine. These kid's performances are so scrutinized every time they hit the floor, it must be emotionally wearing. Lord forbid an off day surfaces from time to time.

Personally, I can't wait for Quinn to suit up. Maybe we can get tOSU in the ACC/Big 10/11/12 Challenge next year so he gets another shot at Scott.
    Last edited by JohnGalt; 01-19-2011 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Oops.

He was on the espnu the other night when oak hill then ranked #1 was beaten. He looked more like the son of an nba coach playing the point for some middle of the road acc team than the point guard leading the #1 HS team in the country. That said Nolan has become a superstar in four years. Hope Quinn does the same. Not everyone can come in and instantly amaze like Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    He looked more like the son of an nba coach playing the point for some middle of the road acc team than the point guard leading the #1 HS team in the country.
    What does this even mean? Are point guards on good high school teams somehow better than "the son of an NBA coach playing the point for some middle of the road ACC team"?

Quinn is a top 20 prospect. Did you really expect him to be as good as Kyrie (a top 3 prospect coming out of high school)?

Quinn was one of the "Standout Player"s of the Presidential Hoopfest. Said he "did a great job of controlling the tempo, creating for teammates and picking his spots for his own offense, finishing with a game-high 28 points."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6144072

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    What does this even mean? Are point guards on good high school teams somehow better than "the son of an NBA coach playing the point for some middle of the road ACC team"?

Quinn is a top 20 prospect. Did you really expect him to be as good as Kyrie (a top 3 prospect coming out of high school)?
    I think this was more of a backhanded shot at Larry Drew II than at Cook.

Sidiki Johnson and Ben McLemore kicked off team

Note that Quinn's teammates Sidiki Johnson and Ben McLemore have been kicked off the team for violating an undisclosed team rule. They are not only no longer on the team, but they are no longer students at Oak Hill. Johnson has signed a LOI to go to Arizona. McLemore is uncommitted, but is choosing between Kansas and Missouri. Don't know if this jeopardizes their college careers, but I'd imagine not...although Bill Self seems like a stand up guy so I'd imagine he's want more information on it. And if they're no longer students at Oak Hill, they better be enrolling elsewhere so they can graduate on time.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/02/21/j...from-oak-hill/