Thread: Duke #1 Jersey

Duke #1 Jersey

I was wondering if anyone has seen #1 jersey's for sale? I searched on goduke.com and a few other sites and all I could find was #2 & #12 mostly. I was hoping Kyries jersey would be available for purchase. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jaygdevil11 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has seen #1 jersey's for sale? I searched on goduke.com and a few other sites and all I could find was #2 & #12 mostly. I was hoping Kyries jersey would be available for purchase. Thanks!
    Officially, it's not for sale, and it won't be. Only a few jerseys are selected every year for marketing, and this year it is only Nolan and Kyle. You might be able to find some other numbers somewhere, but those are older jerseys from previous players (3, 15, 30). Or they're not the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Officially, it's not for sale, and it won't be. Only a few jerseys are selected every year for marketing, and this year it is only Nolan and Kyle. You might be able to find some other numbers somewhere, but those are older jerseys from previous players (3, 15, 30). Or they're not the real deal.
    That makes sense, thank you for the insight

They salesman at the bookstore

When I was at CTC I was really hoping to get the #1 jersey. I was told the exact thing that has been stated above posts...that it was #12 and #2. He said maybe next year depending on if Kyrie stays..

There is a stitched Kyrie Duke jersey on Ebay signed. It is the black jersey with white letters. Its not authentic but it looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj59 View Post
    There is a stitched Kyrie Duke jersey on Ebay signed. It is the black jersey with white letters. Its not authentic but it looks very good.
    Yeah... that looks pretty darn sketchy. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that neither the jersey or the signature are authentic.

I would say since Nike isnt making the jerseys its not authentic but I can say the Kyrie autograph is real. I saw this jersey being signed by Kyrie when he signed my basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Yeah... that looks pretty darn sketchy. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that neither the jersey or the signature are authentic.
    It is a real signature as I was there when it was signed the weekend of CTC

Quote Originally Posted by jaygdevil11 View Post
    I saw one for sale on ebay. It was the #1 jersey without Kyrie name so I asked if I could get his name added to the back & was told it is illegal to have an student athelete's name on the back of any jersey. Never knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    I saw one for sale on ebay. It was the #1 jersey without Kyrie name so I asked if I could get his name added to the back & was told it is illegal to have an student athelete's name on the back of any jersey. Never knew that.
    The NCAA doesn't permit institutions to sell or market jerseys with player names (they are technically amateurs after all), but I don't know of any law that makes it illegal for someone to add it after the fact. It sounds like the seller is just misinformed, and/or doesn't want to front the cost.

Isn't there a website where you can order custom made authentic jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    The NCAA doesn't permit institutions to sell or market jerseys with player names (they are technically amateurs after all), but I don't know of any law that makes it illegal for someone to add it after the fact. It sounds like the seller is just misinformed, and/or doesn't want to front the cost.
    This is the reply I received:

hi, you can see a photo of the back of the jersey if you go to the bottom of the listing..since he is amature, a name cannot be applied to the back of the jersey, then sold (not legally, at least)

thanks
    jjt

I won't say the jersey I did order since my son may read this board.

I think if you take a jersey to an imbroidery/jersey shop they can add a name without running afoul of the NCAA.

-jk