Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 1,261 to 1,266 of 1266
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    I too am not worried. 2013 and 2014 look to be coming together nicely. I think we will have a solid team next year even if we don't add Amile, Przemek, or a transfer. I would love to add Amile in particular though, but mostly for what he will be able to contribute AFTER his freshman year.

We fans too often view recruiting at the ground level from which every single recruit is the be all end all. K and company see it from a bird's eye view in which the plan includes not just this recruiting cycle but multiple years into the future. In that context, a recruiting miss is just a bump in the road, not an earthquake.

TP concerned me to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I would've loved for him to come, but mainly because K seemed to be head over heels for the guy (and I trust K). It would've been risky though. If Tony, as a guy who is on record as being concerned about Duke's development of big men, struggled out of the gate, who knows what would've happened. Amile seems the better fit overall.
    Have I missed an announcement or two? The only kid that I know who's in the fold for 2013 and 2014 is Matt Jones.
    Until we get some names on the dotted line consider me a nonbeliever.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Have I missed an announcement or two? The only kid that I know who's in the fold for 2013 and 2014 is Matt Jones.
    Fair enough, but we are in strong position with quite a few talented young men in the coming years.

Parker would have been nice to have as a reserve this year who could hopefully contribute more the following year when MP2 and Ryan are gone. He was more of a luxury recruit than a necessity and we didn't really expect to get him so no need for angst over this. I like the look of the Nichols kid. Hopefully he'll come to Duke and won't fancy himself a one and done player. I like guys who stick around a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Duke will have PT to offer after Ryan and Mason graduate.

Harder to get bigs to come to Duke when MP2 and Kelly are almost sure to start, and were last year except when MP1 was the starter. Can get 4 year guys like Josh and MP3 but that's about it.

Might be PF's having to play center rather than Centers, with them hoping to see MP3 show lots of promise, but Duke will sign a couple PF/C for 2013, even if they are unsuccessful replacing MP1 this year, other than with his bro from the year before wisely redshirted.

As critical is the need for some SF's this year and next, since Dre has at most one year playing at Duke, be it this year or next.

Seth's replacements have already been recruited, vis a vis the need to replace the other 3.

Count me among those who believe we were in a no-win position with Parker. Even though his parents seemed to want him to come here, it was evident that Tony's heart was never really in it.

I just hope he doesn't start believing his own hype and get too hung up on the one-and-done idea. Based on my viewing of the HS all-star games (an admittedly limited sample size), I think he'll be a college player for a while. The NBA is not a lock for him.

In any case, I do believe we have to give props to the UCLA poster Miltk. I must admit that when he came to DBR several months ago and claimed that Shabazz and Parker would end up in Westwood, I thought he was nuts. (I still think he's nuts, but maybe in an insane genius sort of way.) Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by g-money View Post
    Count me among those who believe we were in a no-win position with Parker. Even though his parents seemed to want him to come here, it was evident that Tony's heart was never really in it.

I just hope he doesn't start believing his own hype and get too hung up on the one-and-done idea. Based on my viewing of the HS all-star games (an admittedly limited sample size), I think he'll be a college player for a while. The NBA is not a lock for him.

In any case, I do believe we have to give props to the UCLA poster Miltk. I must admit that when he came to DBR several months ago and claimed that Shabazz and Parker would end up in Westwood, I thought he was nuts. (I still think he's nuts, but maybe in an insane genius sort of way.) Well played.
    Hey, Renardo Sidney left after two years... so, it's possible.

Hopefully Parker has more Barkley in him than Sidney.