Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1266
    So I guess TP should have started notifying the runners up by now so he can get through the full list by 4:00PM EST

the new age of recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    It would seem like Ohio State, Georgia, and Memphis make the most sense from a PT perspective (at least in year 1). Duke joins that mix in year 2. My guess is he goes to Ohio State to be "the next Sullinger."
    It seems strange to me that a recruit would make a college decision based on playing time in year 1 when said recruit does not appear to be a 1-and-done type talent. However, this does seem to be a more common theme than I can remember it being in the past --- even looking back just a few years.

Bruinsball.com’s Brett Pierce on Sunday wrote: “We have continued to hear for a few weeks now that Tony Parker is likely heading to UCLA to join his former AAU coach, Korey McCray (now an assistant at UCLA), and his friends/UCLA signees, Shabazz Muhammad, Kyle Anderson, and Jordan Adams. ... I just got the final word from my sources that Parker is going to sign with UCLA. While nothing is ever 100 percent in the recruiting game, I cap it at 90 percent that Parker will be a Bruin, 9 percent that he will head to Georgia to stay close to home, and 1 percent that he will choose elsewhere.”
    This, the fact that Shabazz specifically mentioned him by name as "hopefully joining him" during his big announcement all combined with the fact we are suddenly hearing a lot more about offers to the Polish seven-footer Karnowski and the official offer to Nichols, make me think TP will not be a Dukie.

...but I will still have my fingers crossed at 3. I could see another Shelden Williams or possibly Elton Brand if he worked hard and stayed long enough.

Watching TP announce

Are those that choose to watch the announcement going to be watching here?

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...oday-uga/?cp=2

Just wondering if there is a better place to watch. Again, for those that choose to watch. I know some do not like to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by HDB View Post
    It seems strange to me that a recruit would make a college decision based on playing time in year 1 when said recruit does not appear to be a 1-and-done type talent. However, this does seem to be a more common theme than I can remember it being in the past --- even looking back just a few years.
    Parker is almost certainly not a one-and-done type of talent. But he probably doesn't think of himself as a guy who isn't a one-and-done type of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by CUNKNNK View Post
    This, the fact that Shabazz specifically mentioned him by name as "hopefully joining him" during his big announcement all combined with the fact we are suddenly hearing a lot more about offers to the Polish seven-footer Karnowski and the official offer to Nichols, make me think TP will not be a Dukie.

...but I will still have my fingers crossed at 3. I could see another Shelden Williams or possibly Elton Brand if he worked hard and stayed long enough.
    Looks like UCLA will get another Josh Smith.

recruiting help

If TP chooses UCLA someone should write an investigative article for Yahoo blowing the lid off how Duke's coaching staff really doesn't pay attention to what the men's basketball team is up to off the court. That may work out very well for UCLA recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    If TP chooses UCLA someone should write an investigative article for Yahoo blowing the lid off how Duke's coaching staff really doesn't pay attention to what the men's basketball team is up to off the court. That may work out very well for UCLA recruiting.
    Or just start hiring AAU coaches on short term contracts.

No surprise here...

It's 4:03 and TP is not yet on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Yeah and I just lost the stream. Someone please post when he decides.

espn NOT reporting this?>
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I wouldnt be shocked if he postponed

No surprise here... It's 4:03 and TP is not yet on stage.
    I hope you're not implying that he's slow and insufficiently athletic to make it up there on time?!

Go Duke!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

now it says "this video is private"....guess they knew i was a dukie..
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    This is what I deserve for being preoccupied with recruiting...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    It says that on the Miller Grove website, but I am still getting it on the AJC site, albeit it is glitchy: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...p-m-today-uga/

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Its Georgia

The Atlanta Journal Constitution twitter feed says there are 8 guests scheduled to speak BEFORE TP makes his announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Its Georgia
    Well that's a surprise. Oh well back to the drawing board...

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Its Georgia
    Is this a guess, speculation or a hunch or did you see something I didn't?