Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1266

Twitter Searches

Josh Pastner with a, shall we say, minor recruiting "violation". Pretty funny quote from him.

“My wife was yelling at me because I was on the phone too loud. I was waking [the couple's infant daughter] up and waking my wife up because I had the TV on. She was complaining that I not only woke my daughter up, but I also woke the baby inside her up because she’s pregnant.”

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    These "package deal" myths are ridiculous. Kids say things like that all the time, but it doesn't typically work out. It's like a young kid saying "I want to be an astronaut when I grow up". Sounds like a nice idea, but reality hits at some point between point A and point B. In theory it could work if the two or three or however many prospects were all pretty much of equal caliber. Then they could move together over time without one or more being left behind. Shabazz >> Tony. Thus, it can't work. I also don't think Mama Parker would buy the "but I want to hang out with Shabazz for a year!! (and be really far away from you)" argument.
    Yeah. It seems as if those package deals actually happen more in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    These "package deal" myths are ridiculous. Kids say things like that all the time, but it doesn't typically work out. It's like a young kid saying "I want to be an astronaut when I grow up". Sounds like a nice idea, but reality hits at some point between point A and point B. In theory it could work if the two or three or however many prospects were all pretty much of equal caliber. Then they could move together over time without one or more being left behind. Shabazz >> Tony. Thus, it can't work. I also don't think Mama Parker would buy the "but I want to hang out with Shabazz for a year!! (and be really far away from you)" argument.
    there is no bazz/parker package. never EVER was. there was a KYLE/bazz package that solidified when kyle committed. UCLA only got hot and heavy with tony when he came out and said he wanted to play with kyle,,,followed by his eventual OV to westwood. and oh btw there was the adams/mccray relations. therefore it is NOT the chance to play with 1done bazz, but to play with possibly/probably 2done kyle, however even at that a "kyle/parker package" was never mentioned. kyle was more like an influence.

in the beginning there was talk of a fab five-type class. that was back when UCLA had dominic artis and was still moving in on goodwin. other than kyle/bazz, that 5 or 6 man group was the only "package" parker considered.

however, i'm sure the delay has been about the POSSIBILITY that kyle might 1done, meaning does UCLA have enough left to attract parker.
    Last edited by miltk; 04-20-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Announcement Monday?

Is Parker still thought to be announcing Monday at 4:00?

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Is Parker still thought to be announcing Monday at 4:00?
    That's what he said via Tweet yesterday. Although I assume that, given Tony's history, that is subject to change.

Wow, very quiet on the TP front with an announcement expected tomorrow...

I don't take the silence as an overly positive sign for the home team.

Quote Originally Posted by HDB View Post
    It's late/early. People need sleep... except me apparently

Quote Originally Posted by HDB View Post
    I'm pretty certain it's quiet everywhere with respect to Tony, not just in Duke circles. The only recent buzz has been surrounding UCLA, but even that has faded somewhat given the quietude of TP's camp itself over the last week or so. Rest assured, if TP stays on schedule, then it'll get quite a bit noisier late this afternoon.

From AJC about TP: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...p-m-today-uga/

I've watched him and he just seems to be unimpressive against "elite" talent. I know they were All-Star games, but still.

I think Coach K could mold him into Elton Brand kind of player, but only if he's willing to work at it.

Quote Originally Posted by summerville View Post
    From AJC about TP: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...p-m-today-uga/

I've watched him and he just seems to be unimpressive against "elite" talent. I know they were All-Star games, but still.

I think Coach K could mold him into Elton Brand kind of player, but only if he's willing to work at it.
    There's a link at the end of that article leading to bruinsball, which says that a source reported Sunday he was signing with ucla. Given the fact that this isn't the first time a source has said this recently, I don't have very high hopes but I will still wait until 4pm before I give up!
    Trinity '09

Zagoria on Parker.

Concerns about playing time at Ucla.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Zagoria on Parker.

Concerns about playing time at Ucla.
    It would seem like Ohio State, Georgia, and Memphis make the most sense from a PT perspective (at least in year 1). Duke joins that mix in year 2. My guess is he goes to Ohio State to be "the next Sullinger."

Expect that Parker chooses another school. Hope that he chooses Duke.

I had a dream last night that Parker committed to Ohio State, okay more of a nightmare.

I just wanted to post that so that I can claim to have psychic powers if I turn out to be right.

I'd rather have Tony Parker than an inability to control psychic powers.

But what if you can control those psychic powers?

I'd probably opt for winning the lottery first. Then, go after world peace.

I'm confident Parker will not pick Duke. Then again, I'm confident he won't pick Georgia, UCLA, Kansas, Ohio State, Memphis, or anyone else.

Not sure what that says about my psychic powers. Or reasoning abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I had a dream last night that Parker committed to Ohio State, okay more of a nightmare.

I just wanted to post that so that I can claim to have psychic powers if I turn out to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    That remind me of one of the Deep Thoughts from Jack Handy/SNL, "I'd rather be rich than stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

I'm confident Parker will not pick Duke. Then again, I'm confident he won't pick Georgia, UCLA, Kansas, Ohio State, Memphis, or anyone else.

Not sure what that says about my psychic powers. Or reasoning abilities.
    Somehow, I suspect you'll be more right than wrong with this exhibition of both your psychic powers and reasoning abilities.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Then, go after world peace.
    You must have really not liked his elbow to James Harden.

My mind has a mind of its own.

How meta.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    You must have really not liked his elbow to James Harden.
    Kudos.

RE: Mr Artest/Peace. At what point do we detect a trend?