Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    In an interesting training technique, Parker played the entire game with Manute Bol on his back.
    Dark.

FYI... Rumors abound that Danny Manning will be taking the head gig at Tulsa. Not good for KU's chances with Parker (or Julius Randle, for that matter). Hard to be upset about it, he deserves his shot and has done more for KU than anybody.

Regardless, I'm on Cloud 9 this week. Will worry about it next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Dark.
    Oh man. I couldn't figure out that response, so I googled -- lest any of you think I'm a monster, I COMPLETELY forgot Manute Bol died. I obviously take that back, lest it be viewed as a horrible joke. (It wasn't a great joke to begin with, but I totally didn't mean it like THAT.) Apologies if anyone was offended, I feel like a total jerk.

Moving past my foot-in-mouth sense of humor, here's an interview with Parker from the MCDAA Game. He gives his thoughts on Lehigh beating Duke at the 2:42 mark. He does think Duke will bounce back next year, which is good.

http://memphisroar.com/2012/03/mcdaa...ker-interview/

Manning to Tulsa

Appears this is a done deal - may affect Tony given that I presume Manning is given the lion's share of credit for big man success out of KU

Jeff Goodman ‏ @GoodmanCBS
    Danny Manning done deal to Tulsa, sources confirmed to CBSSports.

My Call

Having been patient and listened to the various rationales and speculations here as to the outcome of the final recruiting decisions for 2012, here's my Prediction(s). Parker and Jefferson to Duke, Muhammad to UCLA, and Ziegler to somewhere else. If this works out our frontline will have the needed depth for next year and will have a sound foundation for several years to come as neither look to be short timers.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Appears this is a done deal - may affect Tony given that I presume Manning is given the lion's share of credit for big man success out of KU.
    Well, unless Kansas hires Eric Chenoweth to be its next Big Man Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    What is Chenoweth doing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Appears this is a done deal - may affect Tony given that I presume Manning is given the lion's share of credit for big man success out of KU

Jeff Goodman ‏ @GoodmanCBS
    Danny Manning done deal to Tulsa, sources confirmed to CBSSports.
    Is Manning tall enough to coach big men? If so, should we expect Tulsa's guard play to suffer due to his inability to coach "small men"?

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Forget Eric Chenoweth. KU needs to hire Greg Ostertag to retain credibility with post recruits.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Down to Three. Duke still standing. Or is it?

According to some guy who has a blog The Memphis Roar, Tony Parker has cut his list to three...UCLA, Memphis and Duke!! Blogger quotes Tony's father. However, Mr. Parker later retracted that statement saying Tony will decide later on. Oy! Take it for what it's worth and enjoy.

http://http://memphisroar.com/2012/0...-one-of-three/

As if we needed any more negative vibes leading up to announcement day, Tony Parker tweeted a few hours ago that he was heading over to practice (I'm not sure for what) with Shabazz and Kyle Anderson. That's committed-to-UCLA-already Kyle Anderson. Not sure if Tony was trying to tease something, or be sly, or what, but seems a bit unlike him to be so specific on a basketball-related matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    As if we needed any more negative vibes leading up to announcement day, Tony Parker tweeted a few hours ago that he was heading over to practice (I'm not sure for what) with Shabazz and Kyle Anderson. That's committed-to-UCLA-already Kyle Anderson. Not sure if Tony was trying to tease something, or be sly, or what, but seems a bit unlike him to be so specific on a basketball-related matter.
    I think that trying to understand anything an 18 year old kid says is a fool's effort.

A lot of these kids are buddies and practice together all the time. Think about how you read stories that UNC and Duke players hang out off the court all the time. Heck, Dexter Strickland dates Austin Rivers' sister.

There's a major gap in fan loyalty and player loyalties. Players often treat basketball for what it is - a game they like playing. Fans treat it as if it's life.

Nike Hoop Summit

I guess you chose to not read Marcus Paige's name in that VERY same tweet.

If you examine things one by one then chances are you'll never get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I guess you chose to not read Marcus Paige's name in that VERY same tweet.

If you examine things one by one then chances are you'll never get it right.
    No, I saw it, but it wasn't relevant. Paige is committed already. The issue was Parker and Muhammad, both of whom have UCLA at or near the top of their lists, hanging out with UCLA's star recruit, and Parker wanting everyone to know about it.

Oops, He Did it Again

Parker tweeted again a few hours ago, to wit: "The bros finna go and get something to eat" and then referred specifically to Kyle Anderson and Shabazz. So that's twice in one day, after not mentioning either of them in the several months I've been kinda sorta monitoring the tweets, that he mentioned hanging with these two guys, and it he just happens to put it out there a few days before commitment day.

I know, nobody knows anything, and they're all just kids, and maybe TP is trying to throw people off the scent. Or not. All I can say is I have a hard time believing the appearance of these tweets today is an accident or a coincidence. Sumpin is up. And I would not be unhappy about it if I was UCLA.

Parker tweeted again a few hours ago, to wit: "The bros finna go and get something to eat" and then referred specifically to Kyle Anderson and Shabazz. So that's twice in one day, after not mentioning either of them in the several months I've been kinda sorta monitoring the tweets, that he mentioned hanging with these two guys, and it he just happens to put it out there a few days before commitment day.

I know, nobody knows anything, and they're all just kids, and maybe TP is trying to throw people off the scent. Or not. All I can say is I have a hard time believing the appearance of these tweets today is an accident or a coincidence. Sumpin is up. And I would not be unhappy about it if I was UCLA.
    It's certainly your right to hang on every tweet from an 18yr old. And maybe there is "sumpin up." If so, so what. We'll still have a good team next year. We gotta chill out folks. The world is not about to end.

No, I saw it, but it wasn't relevant. Paige is committed already. The issue was Parker and Muhammad, both of whom have UCLA at or near the top of their lists, hanging out with UCLA's star recruit, and Parker wanting everyone to know about it.
    The fact that he teased the UNC recruit - a potential rival for him and Shabazz also cannot be excluded. But hey - I'm in law school, I could be too objective here. LOL!

Could it also be possible that this is the first time that he has hung out with Shabazz and Anderson in several months (or second if he also hung out with them at the McDonald's game?) I hope they have a good time hanging out and he and Shabazz go to Duke. If not, I hope and expect he and Shabazz will be happy with their choice wherever they end up.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”