Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    NorthstarBball Alex Schwartz
    by DukeHoopBlog
    Tony Parker said of his favs, "OSU, Duke & Memphis are my top [schools].Kansas & Texas are coming up." If he had to sign tomorrow? "Ohio St"
    3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Quote Originally Posted by trey_dre20 View Post
    NorthstarBball Alex Schwartz
    by DukeHoopBlog
    Tony Parker said of his favs, "OSU, Duke & Memphis are my top [schools].Kansas & Texas are coming up." If he had to sign tomorrow? "Ohio St"
    3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Ouch! He would be perfect for Duke, maybe he'd sign with Duke the day after!

Quote Originally Posted by trey_dre20 View Post
    But he isn't signing tomorrow so all is good.
    Bob Green

I imagine OSU is telling him he can step in for Sullinger, since it's almost guaranteed he will go pro after this year.

For us, he can step in for Sheldon Williams, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePublisher View Post
    I imagine OSU is telling him he can step in for Sullinger, since it's almost guaranteed he will go pro after this year.

Shelden.

With an E.

Thank you for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Shelden.

With an E.

Thank you for understanding.
    Will Austin be stepping in for JJ Reddick, or Gerard Henderson, or Nolen Smith, or Kyrie Erving, or John Schyer?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

But of course, Ohio State already has an elite post player ready to step in to fill Sullinger's shoes...Amir Williams, who probably won't be getting as many touches as a freshman that he expected but will be poised to take over as a sophomore if/when Sullinger departs. A freshman Tony Parker may very well be better than a sophomore Amir Williams when all is said and done, but he certainly won't have a starting spot guaranteed at OSU (nor at Duke clearly, but as of now the post competition looks to be a little stiffer at OSU for 2012-13).

according to an ESPN insider article, parker's down to Ohio st., Memphis, and Duke.

From the article: "Duke has the history and a coaching staff he connected with."

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    according to an ESPN insider article, parker's down to Ohio st., Memphis, and Duke.

From the article: "Duke has the history and a coaching staff he connected with."
    What the hey?

No unc?

Everyone knows we don't develop big men

Come to Durham, Mr. Parker!

Unofficial visit today

I saw on the twitter that Tony Parker is on campus today for an unofficial. Anyone got any details?

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I saw on the twitter that Tony Parker is on campus today for an unofficial. Anyone got any details?
    Nope, but it seems like since he

1) Is planning to decide ~August
    2) Would pick OSU as of today
    3) Will be visiting OSU in July

Today should be an extremely important day...

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I realize people take things said on twitter too literally sometimes, but here's what Parker said just before he left for Duke:
    Going Out of town, again tomorrow not excited about it
    http://twitter.com/#!/tonyparker32

Obviously, he could just be sick of traveling and want to stick around at home, which is understandable, but I'd still think he should be excited to visit Duke. I'd imagine he'll change his mind once he steps foot on campus. If not, it appears the staff is casting a wider net for a post player in the class of 2012 so I'm not too worried, but I'd love to have TP on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I realize people take things said on twitter too literally sometimes, but here's what Parker said just before he left for Duke:

http://twitter.com/#!/tonyparker32

Obviously, he could just be sick of traveling and want to stick around at home, which is understandable, but I'd still think he should be excited to visit Duke. I'd imagine he'll change his mind once he steps foot on campus. If not, it appears the staff is casting a wider net for a post player in the class of 2012 so I'm not too worried, but I'd love to have TP on board.
    Again, I explicitly stated people take things on twitter too literally and was saying he's probably just tired of traveling...and I get negative (anonymous) comments back for saying that? Sorry...Was just trying to be helpful with a link to Tony's twitter and that's the only thing I saw about his trip on it. We probably won't hear anything about his perceptions for a couple days. I haven't ever heard anybody ever say a trip to Duke went badly though.

Hey man, selling begins when the customer says "No"...and K can sell, baby!!!!

I saw some recruit on campus today walking with Wojo, Capel, and a couple of other folks. I did not get a good look at the kid, but he appeared to be about 6'9 and pretty skinny. It did not occur to me that it may have been TP since he is much beefier.

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    I saw some recruit on campus today walking with Wojo, Capel, and a couple of other folks. I did not get a good look at the kid, but he appeared to be about 6'9 and pretty skinny. It did not occur to me that it may have been TP since he is much beefier.
    Judging from other threads, that was probably Brannen Greene.

I'm taking this literally.

EvanDanielscout Evan Daniels
    Tony Parker made a trip to Duke this week for an unofficial visit...
    20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

And this...

tonyparker32 tony parker
    At duke coolin it
    3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Again, I explicitly stated people take things on twitter too literally and was saying he's probably just tired of traveling...and I get negative (anonymous) comments back for saying that? Sorry...Was just trying to be helpful with a link to Tony's twitter and that's the only thing I saw about his trip on it. We probably won't hear anything about his perceptions for a couple days. I haven't ever heard anybody ever say a trip to Duke went badly though.
    That's obnoxious. Who still gives anonymous negative feedback here?

And frankly, you're right. I mean, I'm sure he's just tired of being on the road - probably understandably so - and I can't really hate on a kid for posting a status update on his personal twitter account... BUT, if a 2 hour flight/6 hour drive outweighs your excitement for visiting the Duke Basketball program and being the honorary person guest of Coach K and co., then I can't imagine the prospect of playing for Duke is very exciting or desirable to you.

Hopefully K sold him and sold him well today because I'd love to have him; otherwise, this is starting to feel more like the Tyler Adams saga, and I hope we move the full-court press on to Mitch McGary. The impression I get is that Mr. and Mrs. Parker are more interested in Duke than Tony... hopefully that changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    That's obnoxious. Who still gives anonymous negative feedback here?

And frankly, you're right. I mean, I'm sure he's just tired of being on the road - probably understandably so - and I can't really hate on a kid for posting a status update on his personal twitter account... BUT, if a 2 hour flight/6 hour drive outweighs your excitement for visiting the Duke Basketball program and being the honorary person guest of Coach K and co., then I can't imagine the prospect of playing for Duke is very exciting or desirable to you.

Hopefully K sold him and sold him well today because I'd love to have him; otherwise, this is starting to feel more like the Tyler Adams saga, and I hope we move the full-court press on to Mitch McGary. The impression I get is that Mr. and Mrs. Parker are more interested in Duke than Tony... hopefully that changes.
    Wouldn't this be the opposite of the Tyler Adams saga? Tyler committed early without having visited campus or developing much of a relationship with the staff (I am making an assumption here as compared to other Duke recruits) and then reconsidered later. Parker has been recruited by Duke for awhile now, has made it to campus, is developing a relationship with the staff and doesn't seem to be in any hurry to commit. This doesn't feel at all like Tyler Adams (which was a pretty short saga) except they are both solid power forwards.

I agree that McGary would be nice, or Parker or whatever big the staff feels would be a good addition and the big guy agrees.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”