Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Why so rude?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm pretty sure the lack of "chatter" on this message board will play a pretty small role in the recruitment of Tony Parker.
    I never really post on here, but I do check it daily for updates on Duke basketball. The more I visit the site, the more I notice the amount of rude, nonsensical posts that are unwarranted. For example, the posts above. All the guy was saying was that he is concerned about the lack of talk of Parker. In return, he is granted a smart aleck response that doesn't contribute anything to the conversation. I don't care if you are a well-respected insider or someone that posts once a year like myself, but there's no real reason to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by tydotscott View Post
    I never really post on here, but I do check it daily for updates on Duke basketball. The more I visit the site, the more I notice the amount of rude, nonsensical posts that are unwarranted. For example, the posts above. All the guy was saying was that he is concerned about the lack of talk of Parker. In return, he is granted a smart aleck response that doesn't contribute anything to the conversation. I don't care if you are a well-respected insider or someone that posts once a year like myself, but there's no real reason to be rude.
    I fail to see how the quoted post is rude. At all.

I'm pretty sure the lack of "chatter" on this message board will play a pretty small role in the recruitment of Tony Parker.
    But it worked so well with John Wall?

-Jason " " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    But it worked so well with John Wall?

-Jason " " Evans
    It would be interesting, of the recruiting threads on this board that are of the highest post count, what percentage of those recruits did we actually land?

This question also advances jimsumner's statement which I also feel is NOT the least bit rude.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    I fail to see how the quoted post is rude. At all.
    Jim's post wasn't rude.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    It would be interesting, of the recruiting threads on this board that are of the highest post count, what percentage of those recruits did we actually land?
    Well, since you asked :

Austin Rivers: 3,104 LANDED

John Wall: 2,514 No
    HB: 2,133 No
    Quincy Miller: 1,137 No
    Kyrie Irving: 797 LANDED
    Quinn Cook: 758 LANDED

Tyler Adams: 585 Yes and then No
    PPat: 564 No

So, we've landed 3/8 of the most replied about recruiting threads. It seems like we don't have any influence! haha.

I thought the post to which you were referring was a light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek response and not intended to be rude at all. In all honesty, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a sports-related message board with a lower percentage of rude comments.

Well, let's anaylze the post to which I was responding, shall we? The OP expressed worry at the lack of chatter regarding Tony Parker. Why would this be a point of concern? Perhaps the OP could elaborate on why he/she feels worried. Because I don't see it.

Tony Parker has stated publically that Duke is recruiting him harder than any other school. Other than someone on this board posting something totally untrue and libelious about Parker, I can see no possible correlation between anything on this board and the recruitment of Tony Parker. Pointing that out in what seems to me to be a matter-of-fact and non-judgmental fashion also seems to me to be relevant to the point at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I really have not seen articles on Parker's recruitment lately. Usually you see some twitter chatter on every big prospect, or some sort of news. But nada in this case. I'm sure it will heat up during AAU season and that August-October timeframe seems to be when a lot of kids make visits before their high school senior season starts.
    I don't follow twitter closely, but the only college-related tweet I've seen from him recently (a couple of weeks ago) was a comment that Texas is a cool school.

Oh, here it is (from April 19):

tonyparker32 tony parker
    Texas is a cool school

Based on this tweet, I can only conclude that he is a lock for Texas.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Well, since you asked :

Austin Rivers: 3,104 LANDED

John Wall: 2,514 No
    HB: 2,133 No
    Quincy Miller: 1,137 No
    Kyrie Irving: 797 LANDED
    Quinn Cook: 758 LANDED

Tyler Adams: 585 Yes and then No
    PPat: 564 No

So, we've landed 3/8 of the most replied about recruiting threads. It seems like we don't have any influence! haha.
    Thank you very much . Did you factor out posts made after a verbal was given? Just kidding, please don't waste your time. This data is good enough. I was waaay too lazy to do it myself.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Hi JimSummer, I took no offense to your original response. I completely agree with the comment. It was you opinion and I never let any comment related to something I post on a msg board influence my day in anyway. Regards, Darjum.

Thanks for the defense tydotscott, but don't let msg boards influence your outlook on life, otherwise your stress levels will raise to the point where blood pressure will need to be checked!

Well, let's anaylze the post to which I was responding, shall we? The OP expressed worry at the lack of chatter regarding Tony Parker. Why would this be a point of concern? Perhaps the OP could elaborate on why he/she feels worried. Because I don't see it.

Tony Parker has stated publically that Duke is recruiting him harder than any other school. Other than someone on this board posting something totally untrue and libelious about Parker, I can see no possible correlation between anything on this board and the recruitment of Tony Parker. Pointing that out in what seems to me to be a matter-of-fact and non-judgmental fashion also seems to me to be relevant to the point at hand.

It was really my attempt to get some new information about Tony Parker, whom I feel should be a priority for 2012. As I'm entitled to post, you are certainly entitled to respond. If people don't want a response, don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoHeel View Post
    I thought the post to which you were referring was a light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek response and not intended to be rude at all. In all honesty, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a sports-related message board with a lower percentage of rude comments.
    One of the only reasons I decided to join DBR is I do really enjoying watch the way Coach K manages basketball and that this board is reasonably respectful to its users. I hope this continues.

I seem to remember a thread going on and on about Lance Thomas during his recruitment (particularly when it wasn't clear if McBoB would return)

Twitter comment from Rasheed Sulaimon

Here's a positive quote from Jason Jordan at ESPN Rise on twitter:

JayJayESPNRise Jason Jordan
    My man @sheed_01 tells me that: "Next summer @tonyparker32 & either @rpurvis_44 or @phenom15balla will be w/ me @ Duke." #toprecruiter

Making it sound like Tony Parker is solid and Rodney/Shabazz are possible?

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    Here's a positive quote from Jason Jordan at ESPN Rise on twitter:

JayJayESPNRise Jason Jordan
    My man @sheed_01 tells me that: "Next summer @tonyparker32 & either @rpurvis_44 or @phenom15balla will be w/ me @ Duke." #toprecruiter

Making it sound like Tony Parker is solid and Rodney/Shabazz are possible?
    Nice thoughts...

Word on the street is coach Capel was on the phone with Parker's dad for about thirty minutes while he was at the airport the other day. Supposedly Mr. Parker really wants Tony to come to Duke.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePublisher View Post
    Word on the street is coach Capel was on the phone with Parker's dad for about thirty minutes while he was at the airport the other day. Supposedly Mr. Parker really wants Tony to come to Duke.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    What street?
    How does a 30 minute phone conversation reveal what his dad is thinking?

30 min is a lot to talk about....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I'm sure in those 30 minutes Coach Capel mentioned that he coached Blake Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePublisher View Post
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Does anyone have the audio?

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Does anyone have the audio?
    Department of Homeland Security? Maybe Reggie L. can get ahold of a transcript through his connections?

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!