Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Andre Appreciation Thread: we're behind you.

I hope, Andre, if you read anything on these boards, you will read that your fan family
    fully support you. Do what is best for you, and that (in turn) will always be best for
    Duke basketball.

You have been my favourite Duke player since you took the court. I know many others
    feel the same. We wish you only success in your life - in and out of Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by AsiaMinor View Post
    I hope, Andre, if you read anything on these boards, you will read that your fan family
    fully support you. Do what is best for you, and that (in turn) will always be best for
    Duke basketball.

You have been my favourite Duke player since you took the court. I know many others
    feel the same. We wish you only success in your life - in and out of Cameron.
    I echo this sentiment. I'm a huge fan of Andre's, always like seeing him on the floor, and wish him the best of everything.

i'm in...my family is in...we're behind you Dre !!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Amen.

Me too. Obviously as fans we don't really know players even when it feels like we do. But based on what I have seen and read about Andre, he is a big favorite of mine as well.

Andre, you are family and always will be, whatever the basketball part of your future holds. Very best wishes.

Thank you for posting this thread, Andre has the best stroke in college basketball and has hit some big shots for us during his career and the best is yet to come. We love ya Dre!!

I will join in with the well-wishers. Andre, I hope nothing but the best happens for you and your family.

While I love Dre and am behind him 100% in whatever he does, I believe threads like this are just making this situation a bigger deal than it really may be and getting it blown out of propotion even more so without knowing any real facts about what's going on.

He is a great kid and I hope he works through the issues he is having.

Appreciating a Champion

Add me to the list of folks who appreciate Andre Dawkins and wish him the very best.

Thanks Andre for being a Blue Devil!

I'll be praying for you and God Bless you young man!

I appreciate Andre, he has made solid contributions. But my wife just loves him -- if she isn't watching the game, she will say "tell me when Andre comes in." Then she comes and sits down to watch the game! It is important to me that wife is happy,, so we Andre on the team! Even if he does redshirt, he will still be on the bench, rooting for Duke. My wife will enjoy seeing him there.

There are all kinds of things I could bring up but I'll just mention a simple one. In the ACC tournament Tyler hit a three and no one on the bench was happier for him than Dre. I like the kind of players and people that support their friends and teammates and feel genuine joy when they do good. That's Dre. I got your back man.

Dre, do whatever you have to do to keep that smile of yours, it's golden brother. No matter the how this works out in the short run, you will always be a Blue Devil and family. God Bless!

Watching a Boy Grow Into a Man

A big part of my love for college basketball in general and Duke in particular is the joy of watching an older adolescent boy become a man. This time of life is difficult for anyone, and negotiating it as a part of one of the highest profile programs in the country with an intense fan base and the oftentimes unforgiving media must be incredibly difficult. Add to that the tragedies that have struck Andre's family, and his current accomplishments are remarkable to say the least.

Whatever happens with the red-shirt option in the fall, I am confident that on Andre's senior night, whether in 2013 or 2014, we'll be able to look back on this student-athlete's tenure at Duke with immense pride. And, as with any great Duke student-athlete, his accomplishments on the court, however special they may be, will only be one part of his legacy.

Keep making those Blue Planet videos Dre. Always enjoy your humor and smile.

It's been obvious since you came early that your father is very supportive as are your coaches, teammates and fans. Enjoy the extra time with your buds Josh and Tyler.

Take all the time you and your family need.

We're all behind you, Dre.

- Chillin

I'm with you, 'Dre, 100%, 101%, 200%, 1000%. Whichever number percentage conveys to you my/our level of support!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Great thread. When you think of what Dre has gone through he has made a lot of sacrifices for Duke and the basektball team and now I think he is owed a well deserved opportunity to put himself first and take care of himself. I hope he takes his time and if that means missing next season so be it. Basketball and the support will be here for him when he returns.

We're with you, Dre! Hang in there, bud!