Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Tony Parker to UCLA

http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/10/t...-visit-to-ctc/

According to BDN and our buddy Watzone, Tony Parker claims a Duke offer.

BDN: Can you talk about your overall visit and what you did from when you arrived until when you left?

TP: It was a great visit I really enjoyed it. It’s a great school and it has a really good basketball atmosphere. We got there kind of late but I still got to see quite a bit of the campus. I got to watch the blue and white game; I really enjoyed seeing how they play and how everything works.
    The rest of the post is premium.

Here we go Tony!

Would love to have Tony in Duke blue. Kid looks tough!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post

The rest of the post is premium.

Here we go Tony!

Be a great addition to the duke team.Saw him walking out of the gym after the festivities friday night and the kid is a beast(huge).Looked like he coulda been a football recruit.Here's to seeing tony in a duke uni..

May I claim the privilege of making the first Eva Longoria joke in this thread?

"I hope this means 4 years of Eva Longoria courtside at Cameron."

Cool, that's out of my system.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post

I was thinking the same thing

What year is this kid? Im assuming 2012, but just wanna make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    What year is this kid? Im assuming 2012, but just wanna make sure.
    Yep. Link. He would certainly be a welcome addition.

Tony (or Anthony) Parker must be the new Jason Williams - crazy popular basketball name. That means in 3-5 years, there will potentially be three NBA players officially named "Anthony Parker"

Anyway, going back to the youngest Anthony Parker, this guy is enormous! Only 6'9" and almost 280lb! And he has agility? That's impressive.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Coach K is coming to Atlanta tonight to see Tony Parker play.

“Coach K isn’t coming for a casual visit — Duke loves Tony and they want to sign him very badly,” Miller Grove coach Sharman White said. “He’s a 6-9 guy who can make things happen in the paint. They like his ability to score, and they think he’s a great kid — a ‘Duke kind of kid.’”

Parker, who has built a close relationship with Georgia Tech coach Paul Hewitt, says he has no favorites.

“It’s exciting that Duke will be here,” Parker said. “They obviously have a great program and I’m definitely considering them.”
    --Jason "Parker is biiig!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Eva is available now, of course. If she wanted she could date this Tony Parker after dumping the other one. She's 35... would be quite the cougarrific relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Eva is available now, of course. If she wanted she could date this Tony Parker after dumping the other one. She's 35... would be quite the cougarrific relationship.
    And join the cast of CougarTown.

Talking Data on Tony

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post

Here we go Tony!
    Anyway, to save looking it up, Tony is 6-9, 274 and attends high school in Lithonia, Georgia. Seems like a very good prospect. I hope he's a good student.

sagegrouse

Would anyone in the know like to give some scouting information about Parker? I know that he is a big space eater but I am confused about how skilled he is. I had thought that he was 5 star top 20 type recruit but in looking at the various rankings he seems to be ranked in the 35-75 range. Is he more of a project or will he be ready to compete right off the bat? How does he compare to Tyler Adams?

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Would anyone in the know like to give some scouting information about Parker? I know that he is a big space eater but I am confused about how skilled he is. I had thought that he was 5 star top 20 type recruit but in looking at the various rankings he seems to be ranked in the 35-75 range. Is he more of a project or will he be ready to compete right off the bat? How does he compare to Tyler Adams?
    Haven't seen him play, but my understanding is that he has a much more refined offensive game than Tyler Adams. ESPN ranks him 15th, Scout at 39th, and Rivals at 64th. He has played great this season and probably will go up in Rivals rankings, which haven't been updated in a couple of months. His team knocked off the #1 overall team in the USA Today HS rankings and Parker had 20 pts 12 rebs.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-sc..._school_sports

Foreign player

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Anyway, to save looking it up, Tony is 6-9, 274 and attends high school in Lithonia, Georgia. Seems like a very good prospect. I hope he's a good student.

sagegrouse
    So he's Lithonian?

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Yep. Link. He would certainly be a welcome addition.
    There seem to be a lot of good centers in the Class of 2012, as ESPN has him ranked 15th, but 6th at his position. In fact, 4 of the top 5 players on ESPN's list are centers.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    So he's Lithonian?
    What? You got a problem with cultures based on high quality reprints?

I'm OK with the foreign thing as long as he's not Elbonian. Those elbow shots are a new point of emphasis.

6-9, 274? In high school? Holy hot dog, Batman, my garage isn't that big.

Perimeter skills

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post
    What? You got a problem with cultures based on high quality reprints?

I'm OK with the foreign thing as long as he's not Elbonian. Those elbow shots are a new point of emphasis.

6-9, 274? In high school? Holy hot dog, Batman, my garage isn't that big.
    I dunno, just seemed to me that lots of big men from the Baltics have good perimeter skills.

Coach K was in Atlanta last night to watch Parker play. Two AJC articles on the event:

Article 1

Article 2

Sounds like a Shelden Williams clone, and that is a huge compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    A snippit from ESPN's evaluation: "There is no question that Parker is one of the top bigs in this class and possesses the basketball skill to make an immediate impact at the next level."

Reading the whole thing, sounds like a much better prospect than Adams