Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Andre Drummond

I notice on Scout that Duke had interest in Andre and was listed just behind Connecticut in the running. Has that changed, and is Tony Parker now the prime target for big men?

Tony is also supposedly a really good student, so that's always nice to hear and has to be an advantage for Duke (although I thought the same thing about Brandon Knight back in the day, so who really knows). On the somewhat negative side (for us), he's known to be incredible close to his family, so many believe he'd ideally like to stay in state to be close to them (and so that they can watch all his games, etc.) Duke is definitely in the mix, though. Everybody is on even ground right now according to Tony and he has no favorites. I'd definitely like to get him on board!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Tony is also supposedly a really good student, so that's always nice to hear and has to be an advantage for Duke (although I thought the same thing about Brandon Knight back in the day, so who really knows). On the somewhat negative side (for us), he's known to be incredible close to his family, so many believe he'd ideally like to stay in state to be close to them (and so that they can watch all his games, etc.) Duke is definitely in the mix, though. Everybody is on even ground right now according to Tony and he has no favorites. I'd definitely like to get him on board!
    If it weren't for Hewitt's large contract/buyout clause, I think the chances of Hewitt being at another school next year would be pretty high. It will be interesting to see how GaTech's season goes, because if the boosters start getting restless, Adams may not be able to count on Hewitt sitting on the GaTech bench two years from now. This may help us out a bit. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    he's known to be incredible close to his family, so many believe he'd ideally like to stay in state to be close to them (and so that they can watch all his games, etc.)
    Living in Atlanta, I can tell you from personal experience that the trip from Tony Parker's home to Cameron is probably right around 6 hours by car. It is a very easy drive up I-85 and I have done it often. It is not ideal for a family that wants to see a lot of games, but it is not like being so far from home that you have to get in a plane or waste a couple days to get to a game.

Plus, if he plays at Duke they will get to see every game of the season on TV, as opposed to being at Tech or UGA where at least half the games are not on the tube.

I cannot imagine why anyone would want to go play for Tech these days. Hewitt is sleepwalking through that job, not getting it done on the recruiting trail (2009 was great, but 2010 and -so far- 2011 appear to be poor) and not winning games on the court. At some point Tech is going to bite the bullet and swallow his absurd buyout.

Actually, the really smart thing to do would be to drug Hewitt and then take pictures of him in bed with a dead woman or a live man. That would certainly be cheaper than buying out his crazy contract.

-Jason "I keed, I keed..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post
    What? You got a problem with cultures based on high quality reprints?

I'm OK with the foreign thing as long as he's not Elbonian. Those elbow shots are a new point of emphasis.
    "There are two things I can't stand. People who are intolerant of other cultures. And the Dutch."

Adams?

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    If it weren't for Hewitt's large contract/buyout clause, I think the chances of Hewitt being at another school next year would be pretty high. It will be interesting to see how GaTech's season goes, because if the boosters start getting restless, Adams may not be able to count on Hewitt sitting on the GaTech bench two years from now. This may help us out a bit. You never know.
    I believe you meant Parker as Adams is headed to Georgetown next year.
    Bob Green

In this Insider article from 12/30, Parker was asked who has done the best job and demonstrated a commitment to him thus far in the recruiting process. He said Duke, Georgetown, Georgia and Florida stand out in that regard.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ave&id=5971166

Tony Parker interview. Talks about Coach K's visit:

Very well-spoken guy. Would love to have him at DUKE!

Nice video, anyone else catch the H&H thrown in their by Mr. Parker? That Irving guy is in with the kids these days...

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    A snippit from ESPN's evaluation: "There is no question that Parker is one of the top bigs in this class and possesses the basketball skill to make an immediate impact at the next level."

Reading the whole thing, sounds like a much better prospect than Adams
    It seems like he probably has a more refined offensive game and basketball sense and Adams, while Adams may have a slightly better physique in terms of length and how chiseled he is. Definitely a power, back-to-basket guy though, which is great, and seems to have a great attitude and way of carrying himself.

I'm not sure about "much better prospect than Adams" though - that seems to be the general consensus among our camp, but I think they're comparable prospects. IMHO, Adams is going to be a real stud, and he thoroughly beasted our own Marshall Plumlee while drawing rave reviews from Christ School's coach several weeks ago. I suppose that's not really here nor there, I'm just still a little stung that we lost him.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    Nice video, anyone else catch the H&H thrown in their by Mr. Parker? That Irving guy is in with the kids these days...
    Anyone else catch the "Dwight Howard's work ethic plus Kevin McHale's post-moves" quote at the end? Amazing considering he was born several years after McHale retired. Someone smart must be feeding him old VHS tapes. I would love, love, love to have this kid.

I really really hope we get this guy.He would be a great addition to the team.

From Dave Telep's just completed chat:

Q: Dave,Can you handicap the Tony Parker recruitment at this stage. Kids from Georgia often stay home, but Parker has some pretty big opportunities at power programs. Your thoughts? Thanks.

A: Tony Parker's recruitment? Well, the young man likes Duke. I know that. Georgia is locking in on him. Georgetown and Florida are strong contenders. Duke hasn't had a guy like him, just a beast in the blocks since Carlos Boozer. I'm sure they want another one.

Really?

Q: Dave,Can you handicap the Tony Parker recruitment at this stage. Kids from Georgia often stay home, but Parker has some pretty big opportunities at power programs. Your thoughts? Thanks.

A: Tony Parker's recruitment? Well, the young man likes Duke. I know that. Georgia is locking in on him. Georgetown and Florida are strong contenders. Duke hasn't had a guy like him, just a beast in the blocks since Carlos Boozer. I'm sure they want another one.
    He's more of a beast than Shelden? Cool.

2012 has to be the year we get a bonafied low block player. Miles will be gone, Mason may be gone, and the way Ryan is playing, heck, he may be gone too. Tony Parker would be just what the doctor ordered. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to snag him. What's not to like about that situation he would be walking into?

Im liking this a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    2012 has to be the year we get a bonafied low block player. Miles will be gone, Mason may be gone, and the way Ryan is playing, heck, he may be gone too. Tony Parker would be just what the doctor ordered. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to snag him. What's not to like about that situation he would be walking into?

Im liking this a lot!
    He's from Georgia and the Georgia schools are recruiting him just as hard as Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    Trust me - the boosters are restless...

Supa "see Jason's post above - the cupboard is nearly bare" Dave

Why is there not enough chatter about Tony Parker...I'm worried...I like Shabazz, super cool name, no doubt, great dunker, big time athlete, all the attributes to make him great, but he's not what Duke needs...Tony Parker is...having a dominate inside presence that Tony Parker can be, to go along with a maturing back court, multiple wing options and some returning interior players could make Duke truly scary come 2012-13...or maybe I just need to stop crystal ballin and appreciate the moment...I will try...but I'm still worried about Tony Parker... I'd be happy with Andre Drummond also, I'm not picky, ha, ha.

http://coast2coastrecruiting.net/201...st-recruiting/

Quote Originally Posted by darjum View Post
    Why is there not enough chatter about Tony Parker...I'm worried...I like Shabazz, super cool name, no doubt, great dunker, big time athlete, all the attributes to make him great, but he's not what Duke needs...Tony Parker is...having a dominate inside presence that Tony Parker can be, to go along with a maturing back court, multiple wing options and some returning interior players could make Duke truly scary come 2012-13...or maybe I just need to stop crystal ballin and appreciate the moment...I will try...but I'm still worried about Tony Parker... I'd be happy with Andre Drummond also, I'm not picky, ha, ha.

I really have not seen articles on Parker's recruitment lately. Usually you see some twitter chatter on every big prospect, or some sort of news. But nada in this case. I'm sure it will heat up during AAU season and that August-October timeframe seems to be when a lot of kids make visits before their high school senior season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by darjum View Post

I'm pretty sure the lack of "chatter" on this message board will play a pretty small role in the recruitment of Tony Parker.