Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tony Parker to UCLA

http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/10/t...-visit-to-ctc/

According to BDN and our buddy Watzone, Tony Parker claims a Duke offer.

BDN: Can you talk about your overall visit and what you did from when you arrived until when you left?

TP: It was a great visit I really enjoyed it. It’s a great school and it has a really good basketball atmosphere. We got there kind of late but I still got to see quite a bit of the campus. I got to watch the blue and white game; I really enjoyed seeing how they play and how everything works.
    The rest of the post is premium.

Here we go Tony!

Would love to have Tony in Duke blue. Kid looks tough!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/10/t...-visit-to-ctc/

According to BDN and our buddy Watzone, Tony Parker claims a Duke offer.

The rest of the post is premium.

Here we go Tony!

Be a great addition to the duke team.Saw him walking out of the gym after the festivities friday night and the kid is a beast(huge).Looked like he coulda been a football recruit.Here's to seeing tony in a duke uni..

May I claim the privilege of making the first Eva Longoria joke in this thread?

"I hope this means 4 years of Eva Longoria courtside at Cameron."

Cool, that's out of my system.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post

I was thinking the same thing

What year is this kid? Im assuming 2012, but just wanna make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    What year is this kid? Im assuming 2012, but just wanna make sure.
    Yep. Link. He would certainly be a welcome addition.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Yep. Link. He would certainly be a welcome addition.
    There seem to be a lot of good centers in the Class of 2012, as ESPN has him ranked 15th, but 6th at his position. In fact, 4 of the top 5 players on ESPN's list are centers.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post

Tony (or Anthony) Parker must be the new Jason Williams - crazy popular basketball name. That means in 3-5 years, there will potentially be three NBA players officially named "Anthony Parker"

Anyway, going back to the youngest Anthony Parker, this guy is enormous! Only 6'9" and almost 280lb! And he has agility? That's impressive.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Coach K is coming to Atlanta tonight to see Tony Parker play.

“Coach K isn’t coming for a casual visit — Duke loves Tony and they want to sign him very badly,” Miller Grove coach Sharman White said. “He’s a 6-9 guy who can make things happen in the paint. They like his ability to score, and they think he’s a great kid — a ‘Duke kind of kid.’”

Parker, who has built a close relationship with Georgia Tech coach Paul Hewitt, says he has no favorites.

“It’s exciting that Duke will be here,” Parker said. “They obviously have a great program and I’m definitely considering them.”
    --Jason "Parker is biiig!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Would anyone in the know like to give some scouting information about Parker? I know that he is a big space eater but I am confused about how skilled he is. I had thought that he was 5 star top 20 type recruit but in looking at the various rankings he seems to be ranked in the 35-75 range. Is he more of a project or will he be ready to compete right off the bat? How does he compare to Tyler Adams?

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Would anyone in the know like to give some scouting information about Parker? I know that he is a big space eater but I am confused about how skilled he is. I had thought that he was 5 star top 20 type recruit but in looking at the various rankings he seems to be ranked in the 35-75 range. Is he more of a project or will he be ready to compete right off the bat? How does he compare to Tyler Adams?
    Haven't seen him play, but my understanding is that he has a much more refined offensive game than Tyler Adams. ESPN ranks him 15th, Scout at 39th, and Rivals at 64th. He has played great this season and probably will go up in Rivals rankings, which haven't been updated in a couple of months. His team knocked off the #1 overall team in the USA Today HS rankings and Parker had 20 pts 12 rebs.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-sc..._school_sports

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    A snippit from ESPN's evaluation: "There is no question that Parker is one of the top bigs in this class and possesses the basketball skill to make an immediate impact at the next level."

Reading the whole thing, sounds like a much better prospect than Adams

Andre Drummond

I notice on Scout that Duke had interest in Andre and was listed just behind Connecticut in the running. Has that changed, and is Tony Parker now the prime target for big men?

Tony is also supposedly a really good student, so that's always nice to hear and has to be an advantage for Duke (although I thought the same thing about Brandon Knight back in the day, so who really knows). On the somewhat negative side (for us), he's known to be incredible close to his family, so many believe he'd ideally like to stay in state to be close to them (and so that they can watch all his games, etc.) Duke is definitely in the mix, though. Everybody is on even ground right now according to Tony and he has no favorites. I'd definitely like to get him on board!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Tony is also supposedly a really good student, so that's always nice to hear and has to be an advantage for Duke (although I thought the same thing about Brandon Knight back in the day, so who really knows). On the somewhat negative side (for us), he's known to be incredible close to his family, so many believe he'd ideally like to stay in state to be close to them (and so that they can watch all his games, etc.) Duke is definitely in the mix, though. Everybody is on even ground right now according to Tony and he has no favorites. I'd definitely like to get him on board!
    If it weren't for Hewitt's large contract/buyout clause, I think the chances of Hewitt being at another school next year would be pretty high. It will be interesting to see how GaTech's season goes, because if the boosters start getting restless, Adams may not be able to count on Hewitt sitting on the GaTech bench two years from now. This may help us out a bit. You never know.

Adams?

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    If it weren't for Hewitt's large contract/buyout clause, I think the chances of Hewitt being at another school next year would be pretty high. It will be interesting to see how GaTech's season goes, because if the boosters start getting restless, Adams may not be able to count on Hewitt sitting on the GaTech bench two years from now. This may help us out a bit. You never know.
    I believe you meant Parker as Adams is headed to Georgetown next year.
    Bob Green

In this Insider article from 12/30, Parker was asked who has done the best job and demonstrated a commitment to him thus far in the recruiting process. He said Duke, Georgetown, Georgia and Florida stand out in that regard.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...ave&id=5971166

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    Trust me - the boosters are restless...

Supa "see Jason's post above - the cupboard is nearly bare" Dave

Why is there not enough chatter about Tony Parker...I'm worried...I like Shabazz, super cool name, no doubt, great dunker, big time athlete, all the attributes to make him great, but he's not what Duke needs...Tony Parker is...having a dominate inside presence that Tony Parker can be, to go along with a maturing back court, multiple wing options and some returning interior players could make Duke truly scary come 2012-13...or maybe I just need to stop crystal ballin and appreciate the moment...I will try...but I'm still worried about Tony Parker... I'd be happy with Andre Drummond also, I'm not picky, ha, ha.

http://coast2coastrecruiting.net/201...st-recruiting/

Quote Originally Posted by darjum View Post
    Why is there not enough chatter about Tony Parker...I'm worried...I like Shabazz, super cool name, no doubt, great dunker, big time athlete, all the attributes to make him great, but he's not what Duke needs...Tony Parker is...having a dominate inside presence that Tony Parker can be, to go along with a maturing back court, multiple wing options and some returning interior players could make Duke truly scary come 2012-13...or maybe I just need to stop crystal ballin and appreciate the moment...I will try...but I'm still worried about Tony Parker... I'd be happy with Andre Drummond also, I'm not picky, ha, ha.

http://coast2coastrecruiting.net/201...st-recruiting/
    I really have not seen articles on Parker's recruitment lately. Usually you see some twitter chatter on every big prospect, or some sort of news. But nada in this case. I'm sure it will heat up during AAU season and that August-October timeframe seems to be when a lot of kids make visits before their high school senior season starts.