Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1266
  1. #1141
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil007 View Post
    Is this a guess, speculation or a hunch or did you see something I didn't?
    The Video feed is still messed up (thanks AJC!) and I still can't find anything from the AP or ESPN. I assume this is a fact though b/c it comes from a moderator?

  2. #1142
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    I haven't jumped into this thread because I have no interest whatsoever in Parker and I didn't want to inject into that into a thread that the young man might not be reading. If the coaches wanted him, I wasn't going to say anything negative while it was still an open recruitment.

    Now that he's decided, however...

    I don't see this as a big miss for us. Parker is out of shape and seems way too pleased with his own prospects. Was he going to pout if legitimate Marshall got the bulk of the low post PT?

    We have a couple legit low post players we're recruiting for 2013. We have Mase and Marshall for 2012 and Marshall for 2013. We're fine on the low post.
    Brian Zoubek on what was going through his mind walking to the free throw line with 3.6 seconds remaining in the 2010 National Championship game and Duke up by 1: "Fifty percent [of me is] thinking, This is what I've been dreaming of doing my entire life. Fifty percent I'm crapping my pants."

  3. #1143
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    The most up to date tweet I can find says Parker has four hats on the table--Duke, UCLA, OSU, Georgia. So at least we made the table.

    Funny tweet also from airowe asking any Duke fans trying to get the live feed why they are bothering.

  4. #1144

  5. #1145
    not sure if he has decided yet or not, but I am getting snippets from the pressser. These things are so self-serving and ridiculous. Pick your school and sign - this production that is made is so egotistical.

    edit: Wow, now his teammates are all speaking. I'm sorry, if he comes to Duke I'll root for him like any other Blue Devil, but this is laughable.
    Last edited by Channing; 04-23-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

  6. #1146
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    The Video feed is still messed up (thanks AJC!) and I still can't find anything from the AP or ESPN. I assume this is a fact though b/c it comes from a moderator?
    I assumed as much too, but it isn't at all in step with what I have been hearing locally (I live outside of Memphis).

  7. #1147
    Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I haven't jumped into this thread because I have no interest whatsoever in Parker and I didn't want to inject into that into a thread that the young man might not be reading. If the coaches wanted him, I wasn't going to say anything negative while it was still an open recruitment.

    Now that he's decided, however...

    I don't see this as a big miss for us. Parker is out of shape and seems way too pleased with his own prospects. Was he going to pout if legitimate Marshall got the bulk of the low post PT?

    We have a couple legit low post players we're recruiting for 2013. We have Mase and Marshall for 2012 and Marshall for 2013. We're fine on the low post.
    Hasn't announced yet...from @DMcDonaldHoops

    Tony Parker announcement is under way here at Miller Grove. Duke, Georgia, Ohio State, and UCLA hats are on the table.

  8. #1148
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey

    Not Yet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Its Georgia
    According to Telep and others on Twitter he hasn't announced yet. Press conference still going on. I was able to watch for 30 seconds before getting cut off, but maybe you were thrown by the Georgia cap in the middle of the others on the table.
    Rich
    Cameron Crazies Do Not Storm The Court

  9. #1149
    Quote Originally Posted by summerville View Post
    Hasn't announced yet...from @DMcDonaldHoops

    Tony Parker announcement is under way here at Miller Grove. Duke, Georgia, Ohio State, and UCLA hats are on the table.
    So the Duke hat is first?

    That's great omen

  10. #1150
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    Yikes! That is quite an agenda. Who knows if he will even remember who he picked after all that--he could change his mind three or four more times just waiting to talk!

  11. #1151
    I'm trying to do 15 things at once but someone on Twitter said TP's family is wearing blue...

  12. #1152
    This YouTube stream is as bad as Tony Parker is at making up his mind. Not to mention it seems like every single person TP has ever known is speaking at this thing.

  13. #1153
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yikes! That is quite an agenda. Who knows if he will even remember who he picked after all that--he could change his mind three or four more times just waiting to talk!
    Or he may have to get more hats. I'm sure Cal is on the phone now trying to get a UK hat on the table.

  14. #1154
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    Is it possible to get a signed copy of the program? Like Channing, I am still reloading the AJC page and getting snippets from the presser. The program seems to be up to snuff, as I have heard from Coach White, the preacher, and now Mr. and Mrs. Parker are speaking. I have now put 1/2 hour + into this thing. Looks like it will end up being a full hour.

    Tony has the Duke and Georgia hats directly in front of him, on his right and left respectively. The other hats are farther down the table.

  15. #1155
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Its Georgia
    are you just guessing? or do you know?
    "Either we're going down, or they are....... Kirk out!"

  16. #1156
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Wow, talk about making the most of your 15 minutes.

  17. #1157
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    I have checked Twitter a few times. This thing is still going on, 37 minutes after the start. This kid has no self-awareness. None.

  18. #1158
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    I'm trying to do 15 things at once but someone on Twitter said TP's family is wearing blue...
    Looks like that is Miller Grove's color

  19. #1159
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by summerville View Post
    Hasn't announced yet...from @DMcDonaldHoops

    Tony Parker announcement is under way here at Miller Grove. Duke, Georgia, Ohio State, and UCLA hats are on the table.
    And there is a phone with a Kentucky logo at the end of the table ...

  20. #1160
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Looks like that is Miller Grove's color
    Thanks....someone said the colors were "light blue".

Similar Threads

  1. Shabazz Muhammad or Tony Parker
    By Duke31122 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 11:17 PM
  2. Tony Parker & Alex Murphy
    By Aycock95 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 01:48 PM
  3. Watch Tony Parker Live Tonight
    By airowe in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •