Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    Unfortunately, I have been asked by the mods to not respond to anymore threads like this one, so if you wish to discuss this further with me, please PM me.

Thanks
    Kong we may tease you but you are alright...for a Carolina fan

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    Kong we may tease you but you are alright...for a Carolina fan
    Yeah, like syphilis is alright...for an STD.

Seriously though, count me down as one who enjoys the perspective that you bring to the board, this is all in good fun!

(unrelated, but what happened to wheat?)

Okay, I'll admit that the skit last year where Wojo was supposed to be playing the 'Godfather' might have been one of the most embarrsing things I have had to explain (I had no comeback for that one) to my Tar Heel pals. The ones with the players were fine, even the 'Ice Drawing' but when the Coach, assistant or head, gets into it I think it's embarrsing for them. Bruce Pearl has lost credibility with me by painting his chest and his similar antics. I could never, ever see K doing something like that, or dressing up like a goon like Roy or even naming the night after himself...K just does not do that stuff and that is what I want in a coach. It's not to say the man has no sense of humor, in fact he is one of the wittiest people in the coaching profession, but there is never a time when you can call K a clown, unlike Roy.

I hate that anyone gets upset, much less banned for taking a thread/topic like this so seriously and responding to baited posts. Seriously, a fan of our rival comes on and claims that our whole team was giving the business to one player, can't remember what game or player but is positive it happened? C'mon, we are the defending champs, pre-season number 1, have great recruits coming in and a coach who is the best in the business...now is not the time to get upset at anyone over some silly practice costumes or skits. The UNC guys looked ridiculous, I love it! Wojo embarrsed me last year, UNC fans loved it! If someone is brave enough to come here and defend their team after the year they had last year then I have to give him credit. Sure, there might be baiting and underhanded complements and criticism but thats why we have these boards.

As long as the UNC players have a sense of humor these type of things only strengthen bonds, wghich were so lacking in their team last year. It's really too bad the Whine and Cheesers left early, but if the players and recruits had fun the night was a success for them. It was a success in my eyes because I chuckle everytime I see the Roy pic and have had fun via email with some UNC friends who have no explanation.

Lastly, does that pic of Roy remind anyone else of Krusty the Clown? The was Krusty would dress up and put on an act of being funny and loveable on stage but as soon as he was off he was, well, Krusty, easy to provoke and not who he tries to portray himself as. Remind you of anyone??

I KNEW I'd seen this look before somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Separated at birth?
    I had forgotten that Roy had starred in the 1971 thriller "A Clockwork Orange".

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    Okay, I'll admit that the skit last year where Wojo was supposed to be playing the 'Godfather' might have been one of the most embarrsing things I have had to explain (I had no comeback for that one) to my Tar Heel pals. The ones with the players were fine, even the 'Ice Drawing' but when the Coach, assistant or head, gets into it I think it's embarrsing for them. Bruce Pearl has lost credibility with me by painting his chest and his similar antics.
    Really? He was pretty much universally praised for that, I thought it was great. I also thought the Wojo Godfather skit was one of the best - Wojo played it perfect!

IMO, there's nothing wrong with coaches laughing at themselves and taking part in college fun like that once in a while. It's not K's style - he does it in different ways, like speeches at student gatherings - but I have no problem with it.

Although after an NIT season...

i don't wanna be the buzz-stripper here, but can we shut this thread down now? i think it's run it's course...

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    but there is never a time when you can call K a clown
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0TPodgomLs

Quote Originally Posted by JG Nothing View Post
    see? that's exactly what i'm talking about....sheesh...