Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Roy looks like Tim Conway. A sad, sad Tim Conway.

But I will say this -- Penguin can ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post

You can't make this stuff up.

Behind that banana there is the #1 overall recruit in this incoming class dressed as a pumpkin.

I guess when you have nothing to celebrate you have to do random bizarre things to "please" the crowds.

Roy the magician, I'm sure he wishes he could abracadabra last year away.
    "Holy geez, lookie what we got here. That silly penguin is back again. Its too damn hot for a penguin to be just walking around here. I got to send him back to the Southpole".

Billy Madison
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    "Holy geez, lookie what we got here. That silly penguin is back again. Its too damn hot for a penguin to be just walking around here. I got to send him back to the Southpole".

Billy Madison
    EXCELLENT quote.

But seriously. How could watching this garbage entice any recruit to sign up to wear light blue for four years?

Really, Shabazz was impressed by this?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDevil View Post
    EXCELLENT quote.

But seriously. How could watching this garbage entice any recruit to sign up to wear light blue for four years?

Really, Shabazz was impressed by this?
    As much as we wish he did say this, pretty sure Shabazz wouldn't say "that was crap. what was ole roy thinking?" He's just a recruit being politically correct
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

SERIOUSLY???? Are these pictures for REAL??? A player dresses as a mermaid???? What are they hoping do to...make their opponents laugh into submission??? Sorry I can't picture Nolan dressing as the Little Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    SERIOUSLY???? Are these pictures for REAL??? A player dresses as a mermaid???? What are they hoping do to...make their opponents laugh into submission??? Sorry I can't picture Nolan dressing as the Little Mermaid.
    To be fair, Nolan played Kate Winslet in her Titanic nude scene last year, so it's fair to say he's game for anything funny. But this does seem more sad than funny.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    As much as we wish he did say this, pretty sure Shabazz wouldn't say "that was crap. what was ole roy thinking?" He's just a recruit being politically correct
    From a Reggie Rankin tweet yesterday "Just spoke with S60 wing Shabazz Muhammad. Really enjoyed the North Carolina Midnight Madness experience. Loved the great fan base and watching Coach Roy Williams dance."

Was also reported in the 2012 thread yesterday.

But I think we can all have a good laugh at the expense of HB right now. Harrison if you're reading this I hope you enjoyed wearing a pumpkin suit rather than raising a national championship banner. Joke is on you.

Does anyone have any description of the skits that were happening or are these just the newest fashion trends at UNC?

Glad that unc has really taken to heart the whippings they received last year and have come back relentlessly focused on improving their on-court product this year.

It's probably a hedge by Roy -- last year the team was hilarious because of how awful they were, this year they will be hilarious by choice daggumit. When they are terrible, he can say they did it on purpose.

They are really making things too easy for us Duke fans. I can already imagine all the signs that will be up when gameday rolls into town.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by noyac View Post
    They are really making things too easy for us Duke fans. I can already imagine all the signs that will be up when gameday rolls into town.
    How many bananas will be in section 17 that day?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post

You can't make this stuff up.

Behind that banana there is the #1 overall recruit in this incoming class dressed as a pumpkin.

I guess when you have nothing to celebrate you have to do random bizarre things to "please" the crowds.

Roy the magician, I'm sure he wishes he could abracadabra last year away.
    This looks like a vegetarian version of the Village People. What a joke. I just hope Shabazz's middle name is not banana or we will lose out on him also.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    Are those pictures of the merimaid's from this year? My son didn't remember that part of the show, and the guy in the wheelchair looks a lot like Ginyard...

Yeah, but that banana can dance.

http://peanutbutterjellytime.net/

It looks pretty stupid.

It's also subjective, because I remember the mainstream reaction to the Titanic skit last year, all the DUI videos, etc. I think most schools end up doing dumb stuff like this for Midnight Madness, it's just you're more likely to love it unconditionally if it's your own school -- not to mention, like someone says, it goes down a lot smoother when you're raising a National Championship banner at the same time.

That said... it looks pretty stupid.

And I agree that Barnes made a horrible decision.

Ole Roy and the UNC BB team have certainly made it easy for the Cameron Crazies this coming February. One Banana, Two Banana, Three Banana, Four... through in a few Little Mermaids, and a Penguin or 2, and a Great Pumpkin, with a Magician. And everyone having Signs or hand out sheets with one of the UNC midnight madness Characters on it!!! I am sure there will much more when February rolls around.

I saw the pictures on the UNC website, over the weekend. And I actually thought the costumes where worn by Students.... I am roflmao..... knowing its Players.

Harrison Barnes..... like Julia Roberts said in Pretty Woman to the sales clerk, that wouldnt sell her a dress, and she went back to the store, with all her packages, knowing the sales lady was on commission: "Big Mistake, Big Mistake....HUGE!!"

Barnes is the Great Pumpkin, and our new Recruits get to see the 2010 Banner raised!!!! NO Comparison. Along with having the USA/Olympic Gold medal coach!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yeah, but that banana can dance.

http://peanutbutterjellytime.net/
    Perhaps the Cameron Crazies will do the PB&J banana dance in February for Ole Roy and the boys!!! Makes me giggle on a rainy day. And still thinking about the 82 50 score last year!!

The kids are having fun. Shabazz had fun. It may not be your cup of tea- but then again you hate UNC with everything that you are. You guys will never see it any other way and what does that say about your fan base? The same thing it says about the members of our fan base that cannot realize the hypocrisy. Loosen up and smile a bit more. The people over in Chapel Hill may not of had a good season last year, but they are able to have fun and laugh at one another while pushing the reset button. Another thing to remember, the kid being recruited is a 16 or 17 year old. This kid likes to laugh and be entertained. These kids met a Reggie Bullock or a Harrison Barnes, get to know the guys, and then watch them perform in front of a lot of excited fans. For someone who has a good sense of humor and enjoys laughing and having fun, this creates a great atmosphere. I know you guys have a good sense of humor, but you are not showing it. I laughed this summer when Nolan had that horrible singing video on youtube. I didn't assume anything other than he was being funny. If the shoe was on the other foot, would you have just laughed and moved along? These are kids guys! These are kids relating to other kids and it works. Sure, you had great success last year and we didn't. Is that because our kids laugh and have fun at a Midnight Madness? Sure, we had discipline issues last year on the court, but does that mean that the UNC basketball program is ruined? Come on- guys get a grip. Go look at your kids tonight and watch them play. They do stupid things that make you laugh and smile. They do stupid things to make their friends laugh and smile. Does that mean that they are stupid? Its all in the name of fun and entertainment. Come on guys! Smile, it will make you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    The kids are having fun. Shabazz had fun. It may not be your cup of tea- but then again you hate UNC with everything that you are. You guys will never see it any other way and what does that say about your fan base? The same thing it says about the members of our fan base that cannot realize the hypocrisy. Loosen up and smile a bit more. The people over in Chapel Hill may not of had a good season last year, but they are able to have fun and laugh at one another while pushing the reset button. Another thing to remember, the kid being recruited is a 16 or 17 year old. This kid likes to laugh and be entertained. These kids met a Reggie Bullock or a Harrison Barnes, get to know the guys, and then watch them perform in front of a lot of excited fans. For someone who has a good sense of humor and enjoys laughing and having fun, this creates a great atmosphere. I know you guys have a good sense of humor, but you are not showing it. I laughed this summer when Nolan had that horrible singing video on youtube. I didn't assume anything other than he was being funny. If the shoe was on the other foot, would you have just laughed and moved along? These are kids guys! These are kids relating to other kids and it works. Sure, you had great success last year and we didn't. Is that because our kids laugh and have fun at a Midnight Madness? Sure, we had discipline issues last year on the court, but does that mean that the UNC basketball program is ruined? Come on- guys get a grip. Go look at your kids tonight and watch them play. They do stupid things that make you laugh and smile. They do stupid things to make their friends laugh and smile. Does that mean that they are stupid? Its all in the name of fun and entertainment. Come on guys! Smile, it will make you feel better.
    When my kids act goofy, I still love them with all my heart. But I also tell them that they can't act like fools in public.

I hear what you're saying (and appreciate views from the south side of 15-501 because a one-sided conversation isn't much fun). But you've gotta admit that you wouldn't want pictures of your son in a mermaid costume posted on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    They do stupid things that make you laugh and smile.
    You're right...Roy has done a lot of stupid things that make me laugh and smile. I'm glad we're on the same page here.